MaryStella's Triathlon training crossfit endurance

yay viva is back! Weird you should mention the biofreeze. Two different massage therapists that applied the tape for me used the biofreeze first and the tape come off in a day. I applied it myself the other day and didn't use and it is staying on much better now. next time i think i am going to get the extra waterproof one since i do so much swimming and showering I think it might work out better for me.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks lobster

finished yesterday eating

Vegan Pizza - 2 slices

Salad

Mango, Pineapple, Orange, VEGA Protein

Slept pretty well last night. Swim - 100 warmup then drills 100 6 beat switch, 100 catchup, 100 finger tip, then swim 800 - timed it jsut to have an idea of how long it took me but I wasn't swimming for time. I was trying to focus on cutting down the number of stroke it takes me to get across the pool. Wasn't really successful. Time was 18:25. Good swim anyway.

Mango, Pineapple, Orange, Vega Protein

Banana

Tempeh Bacon

VEGA wfo w/coconut water

Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter

Grit Tofu

"eva" - felt tired going in and knew I was in trouble from round 1. Eva is 5 rounds of row 800 meters, 30 Kettlebells swings @ 35lbs, 30 pullups. Time 53 minutes. I tore my hand on the second round of pullups so that really added to the fun of the rest of the workout. I attempted to wear gloves, then I wrapped it in a shirt, then i just dealth with it as my pullup count went to reps of 1! I also crashed on my bike this morning. Nothing too serious but my elbow is sore from the fall. Tomorrow is going to have to be a better day than today!

"eva" - felt tired going in and knew I was in trouble from round 1. Eva is 5 rounds of row 800 meters, 30 Kettlebells swings @ 35lbs, 30 pullups. Time 53 minutes. I tore my hand on the second round of pullups so that really added to the fun of the rest of the workout. I attempted to wear gloves, then I wrapped it in a shirt, then i just dealth with it as my pullup count went to reps of 1! I also crashed on my bike this morning. Nothing too serious but my elbow is sore from the fall. Tomorrow is going to have to be a better day than today!

Way to keep up the Positive Mental Attitude! You'll kick butt tomorrow, whatever you do.

+ a million.

so in my experience, it isn't the biofreeze that makes the kinesio tape last not so long, it's if i get a massage before it and we don't get all the oil or whatever off before aplying the tape. i know it's not the biofreeze's fault because if i get a good stick, when i get the tape wet from the pool or a shower, it reativates the tingle even if it's a day later.

how was the pizza?

thanks chewy sometimes I do actually wonder about that.

went to bed too late last night. Woke up tired and felt like I was dragging myself to the pool. Totally fine once I got there.

swim - 100 warmup, 100 6 beat switch, 100 catchup, 100 fingertip then 15 x 50 yards on 20 seconds rest

1 - 48

2 - 48

3 - 47

4 - 45

5 - 48

6 - 48

7 - 48

8 - 48

9 - 48

10 - 47

11 - 48

12 - 48

13 - 48

14 - 47

15 - 46

Happy I was able to keep the times fairly consistent. Used my new watch and so far I really like it!

Bike commuting again today

5 rounds of 15 push jerks, 5 pushups

banana

vegan pizza slice

dark chocolate peanut butter

vega wfo w/coconut water

tofu, brown rice, broccoli, carrots, mushrooms

5 rounds for time of 15 Split Jerks @ 65lbs and 5 pushups

time - 14:09

round 1 - 1:35

round 2 - 2.52

round 3 - 2.56

round 4 - 3.25

round 5 - 3.20

grip was killing me for this. arms were twitching afterward. Maybe I went too heavy on the weight but I made it through it.

cute jason!

well I didn't suceed in getting to bed early last night so I woke up pretty tired again today. But today is another day for me to get to bed early(ish).

I was pretty sore for the CF wod yesterday so I really needed the warmup 3 miles on the bike before hitting the main bike set. I did a bunch of 1 leggers to work on pulling up in my bike stoke. Then 6 rounds of 90 seconds on 90 second off. All out efforts.

Round 1 - .44

Round 2 - .46

Round 3 - .44

Round 4 - .43

Round 5 - .43

Round 6 - .44

Did a cooldown back to the house. It was stormy weather today so no commuting on my bike.

CF wod for today was 100 pushups, 100 situps, 100 squats for time. TIME : 11:35

pushups - my arms were sore to the touch today so I did 30 real pushups and the form (depth) started getting really bad really fast so I decided to take the ego hit and drop to my knees so that my chest was hitting the floor everytime and I was able to count the reps. Situps were done on a ABMAT. My tris are really sore from controlling the weight down from the jerks onto my chest yesterday. This was my last double workout day until after the duathlon I am racing in this weekend. I am still working out everyday but just a little taper to get some rest and recovery happening. Curious to see how I will make out in the DU. I know I will finish it but I don't really have a time goal. I would like to not crash on my bike and just have a solid effort and see where that puts me.

Banana, Mango, Pineapple, Coconut water, Vega Performance Protein

Tempeh Bacon

VEGA WFO w/coconut water

Grit Tofu

Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter

tofu scramble with broccoli

fingerling hasbrowns

6.17.10 Still a little sore when I got up this morning. Did a mile warmup jog then focused on lower leg stretching as my legs are just so tight lately. I feel like I really need it to get worked out. I know that my inov8s are supposed to be better for my pose running and that my intention was to do this to keep my running injury free but honestly my feet hurt more than when I was wearing my orthotics and Brooks. I'm going to keep going with it and hope it all works itself out. Also not sure about these running shorts I got. I like that they have the little key pocket but I swear the soccer shorts I normally run in are more comfortable because they are silky and just slide off of each other more than these really lightweight running shorts that just seem to roll up when you run. I know people laugh that I run in soccer shorts but I like them. If only they had the little key pocket!

Run 2 x 1 mile on 4 minute rest - did it on a track

mile 1 - 8:01 - felt good probably could have gone faster

mile 2 - 8:22 - felt good but I lost my focus from trying to move fast and have to refocus myself a couple of times.

1/2 mile cooldown jog

Since I don't have a double session today I am going to take the extra time to work on just stretching out!

Banana, Mango, Pineapple, Coconut water Vega Performance Protein

VEGA WFO w/coconut water

I think ALL workout clothing should have a key pocket - it would make life so much easier!

+1

All of my shorts were like less than $10.00, which is nice, but they sometimes bunch up annoyingly and have no pockets. Of course, I mean, I totally love sprinting while holding onto my keys...

i used to stick my key in my ipod arm and but ive been trying to train as much as possible without my ipod since i cant use it in tris. I miss it!

food for the rest of today was

Tempeh salad w/peas, asain pear and wasabi dressing w/brown rice crackers

dark chocolate peanut butter

tempeh with tomatoes,onions, peppers, daiya chedder, black beans and corn chips

chocolate soymilk

swimming tomorrow morning then starting my hydration protocol for sundays race.

hydration protocol is 2 days out from the event I drink 100 oz of water. Then 1 day out from the event I drink 50 ounces of coconut water and 50 ounces of water to get my electrolytes stores in. It supposed to be in the 90s for my races so I don't want dehydration to be an issue. The morning I race I will have some water and coconut water also.