MaryStella's Triathlon training crossfit endurance

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You should try it sometime lobster.

Got to bed on time last night and slept mostly well. I had a weird dream last night where I was racing in the duathlon and they made us take the wheels off our bikes to store them so when I got to my Transition area I couldn't get my wheels on my bike to start the bike portion. How weird.

Swimming - warmup 100, drills - 100 - 6 beat switch, 100 catch up, 100 finger tip. Didn't feel physically tired but swimming was difficult today. I just didn't get comfortable in the pool. Could be the little taper I am doing, sometimes I find I feel weak during that kind of time.

800 yds time trial - 16:33 - I didn't really feel all that great when doing this and expected my time to be horrible but I kept telling myself to just keep going. I was surprised when I saw the time. I expected it to be higher. I was focusing on taking nice long strokes and gliding more than I normally would. Maybe it helped or maybe I miscounted on my laps.

Doing another stretching session today.

warming up 4 race day - 6.19.10

Slept ok last night, went to bed late but got up a little late too. Did an easy 20ish minutes on my bike. kept it mostly flat. Then walked to the track and did 4 x 200 meters on 30 seconds rest. took 43- 46 seconds. walked back home. Doing my ice soaking. Need to stretch and roll later. Also the hydration stuff, eating clean etc. Have to go to my nieces dance recital this afternoon so that will be hours and sitting and relaxing. going to try to keep in light today. Tomorrow I am doing my first duathlon!

6.20.10 - Did my first duathlon today. It was really fun. I was nervous beforehand. Was only ale to eat half a bagel this morning. Just didn't have an appetite. Rode my bike to the race for a warmup. Got there and had almost no room in the my transition area. I had to put my shoes under my bike and my helmet on my bars. Should have left earlier. Didn't have much time to get ready for the race. I did a little stretching through the athletes meeting. Then it was time to line up. It felt fantastic when we were sent out. People were really running the first leg. I think I may have done the first run a little faster than I should have. My heart rate moniter kept telling me I was above my desired zone but I wasn't feeling bad so I tried to hold back a little but not too much. I actually really liked the running course they had, which is good since I had to do it twice. When I got to the transition area I was so excited to get out on my bike I started leaving the transtition area without my helmet on. On of the nice volunteers reminded me and he held my bike while I strapped it on. Then I was out on the bike and I was still feeling good although my hear rate was still higher than it was supposed to be. Maybe I was just excited with it all or maybe because it was so hot. I felt like I rode pretty well. Kept on it as much as possible. I was really thirtsy on the bike but only took a couple of sips. The traffic control was really well done, thankfully. Some people from my gym were doing the race in teams so I had some cheers en route which was great! Got back to transition again and another disaster. First I was trying to run with my cleats on and that wasn't going so well. Didn't fall but didn't feel like I was making much progress either. Then My assigned bike spot was taken as well as all of the spots around. Another very nice volunteer guy came and took my bike from me so i could just keep moving. I was supposed to take a gel and head out on the run but I decided against it since it was so hot and I was feeling dehyrdated I just didnt feel like I could scarf it down. Also I knew I would get done right around the 2 hour mark so I didn't feel like I really needed it. I think I made the right decision because I didn't feel any need for it. I was taking water at the water stations, just a sip and then over the head went the rest of it. The legs were a little dead heading into the last run but not bad that I couldn't keep moving. Then came alive again after a mile or so. My feet were really starting to hurt probably running with bad form from fatigue. Wish I could have pushed it a little more on the last run. Finished in 2:05:24. When I got done I had some pneumonia lungs. Trying to talk to some friends that were there and I was feeling the pneumonia! I probably should have walked around after finishing to cooldown because I felt like when I did move if I moved too fast my legs would hurt. It was a weird feeling. If I moved slow they were fine if I moved fast they were unhappy with me. Waiting to see the results online to see what it all ended up looking like for me. Lots of things to work on and improve for sure but I did have a great time. I was pounding the water down after the race but didn't have real food for almost 6 hours later. just didn't have an appetite. When I say real food I mean solid food not smoothies or protein shakes etc. Not exactly sure why on that one. Doing ice soaks for my feet since they hurt, otherwise I feel ok.

pre race 1/2 bagel

post race 1/2 bagel

vega wfo w/coconut water

banana pineapple mango smoothie with coconut water and vega performance protein

2 slices of vegan broccoli pizza

dark chocolate peanut butter

had a scheduled rest day today which I am taking. I don't really feel like I need it but I haven't had one in a month or two so I know it was a good idea to take one completely off. I did an hour of stretching and rolling to work on loosening my legs up. I may get new sneakers to see if that helps with the trouble i am having with my feet. Slept in a little this morning. I am def ready to get back to doubles tomorrow! Going to a local running club meeting tonight.

Vegan Broccoli Pizza

Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter

vega wfo w.coconut water

buckwheat soba noodles with spinach and tofu

cashews

Over the Overhead Squat

went to bed way too late last night. Tired getting up this morning but dragged myself to the pool. Did my usual warmup of 100, then 300 worth of drills. Then swam a 1000 in 24:42. wasn't really feeling that great swimming today. maybe cuz I was tired. Crossfit workday today was Nancy but I changed the 400 meter runs to rowing to save my feet a bit. So 5 rounds of row 400 meters and 35 lb Overhead Squats. Time 13:35. I can't believe I am going to say this but overhead squats were not that bad this time. I think I will go heavier on them next time. I was able to get through all of these without breaking any of the sets. Did my usual bike commuting. Ended up coming home in a rain storm. going to get some new sneakers and see if that helps my feet at all.

Banana, Mango Coconut water Vega performance protein

Tempeh Bacon

VEGA wfo w/coconut water

Tempeh & vegetables

Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter

Tofu Teriyaki, Vegetables, Brown Rice

6.23.10 - I didn't get a change to go look for new sneakers last night. Maybe tonight. Got a better amount of sleep night still tired getting up this morning. Took a little jog to the track and did 400 meters of walking lunges then did another jog home. My feet were sore just jogging. gotta try some new sneaks! then 5 x .85 mile hill climbs, recover on the descent. Alternate spinning up the hill in the saddle and standing. I had about 3 good climbs on the hill but there were semi-flat recovery section in the middle so i think I need to find a harder hill next time. My legs are feeling both of these workouts.

banana, mango, date, coconut water vega performance protein smoothie

tempeh bacon

vega wfo w/coconut water

tofu teriyaki, brown rice, veggies

Food continued for 6.23.10 - had another vega wfo w/coconut water and a sprouted grain bagel as I was running around and no time to cook. Picked up a pair of Mizuno Wave Rider 13s. They are lightweight and relatively flat (not much of a heel) but have some cushion compared to my inov8s. I also laced them up with yanks so I won't have to be tieing shoes in transition. Woke up with supersore legs this morning. Walked to my track, did 1 mile warmup and then 4 x 800s with about a 4:30 pace (thanks to the sore legs). 2 minutes between, mostly used for stretching as I wasn't really needing a recovery. Then walked back home. Getting showers here today so i didn't commute on my bike, my legs could use the rest anyway.

6.24.10 - deadlifts - legs were super sore going in so i wasn't expecting much. Pulled 135,155,175,195,205,215, failed 220, failed 215. Didn't push it even though I was a bit below my max becuase I was hurting going in. Really tired and sore afterwards. Stopped at my parents to use their jacuzzi. That helped for a bit.

sprouted grain bagel

vega wfo w.coconut water

thai tofu with brown rice and veggies

double vega performance protein with apple juice mixed with water

grit tofu with roasted green and yellow beans

gingered broccoli

OJ

6.25.10 - went to bed at a decent time last night and got some good sleep which my legs really needed. they are not 100 % today but they feel much better than yesterday.

Swim - 100 warmup + 300 of drills - 6 beat switch, catch up & finger tip drag

3 x 500 on 30 seconds rest

1 - 10:16

2 - 11:35 - i think I added up a extra couple of laps - bad counter - didn't want to end up short

3 - 10:37

sprouted grain bagel

vega wfo w/coconut water

Tofu, brown rice, broccoli, carrots, mushrooms

Tofu Scramble with spinach

Tempeh Sausage

Sauteed Fingerling Potatoes

OJ

25 mile bike

Rode 25 miles on my bike this morning. time - 1:39:35. Had some traffic issues but not too bad although some suicidal squirrel tried to off himself in my front tire. Course was mostly flat, a few hills but no major long climbs. The last 5 miles or so I was tired and ready to be done. I thought my legs were mostly recovered this morning until I got on the bike. They were sore the whole way. the 13 mile run tomorrow is going to be interesting. Have an AMRAP to do later. Jay is racing this morning. Can't wait to hear how he does.

Thanks! I may need it!

got a sunburn today pretty much everywhere. My right inner thigh has been really sore since the DU/Overhead Squats. Not sure what is going on with it. Did as many rounds as possible in 20 minutes of 20 double unders 20 ABMAT situps 20 back extension. got 8 completed rounds and 20 double unders and 1 situps of the 9th round. Nothing hurts like whipping your fresh sunburn doing double unders.

vega wfo w.coconut water, mango, berries

tempeh sausage, tofu scramble w/spinach & potatoes

Soba noodles w/tofu, avocados, peas & romaine

vega performance protein w. apple juice/water

13 mile run ... hang on a little bit longer.. running with the ramones!

Completed a 13 mile run today. This is the farthest I have run at one time yet. The last couple of miles were tough. I was rocking the ramones on the ipod to get me through it. I was having problems with my feet growing numb around mile 3 and that continued for the next 10 miles or so, then they just started to hurt. So here I am now enjoying the ice soak, AKA Jay Swift Torture Treatment!!

I didnt take any water or anything with me. I lost 4 pounds of sweat. It took me 2:28 minutes. Im happy just to get through it.