MaryStella's Triathlon training crossfit endurance

swim - 250 to warmup, tight from yesterdays wod couldn't seem to get loosened up so just started my swim workout and went for it.

100 yards - 60 sec off 1:40

200 yards - 50 sec off 3:33

300 yards - 40 sec off 5:27

400 yards - 30 sec off 7:33 - feeling tired by this one

500 yards - 20 sec off 9:37 - just hanging on

600 yards 12:01 - lost track of laps not sure if there are extras in here or not. Didn't have much left by the time I got this but I loved this workout. overall it felt good.

50 breaststroke - cool down

the foot hasn't been as much of an issue today. Stretching and rolling it

Back squats - warmups : bw x 20, 45x10, 65x5, 95x3

115, 125 125 130 130 135 140 145 all sets of 3 reps. These felt good! heavier weights are coming soon. I think I could have done a little more but had to go back to work. I stretched and foam rolled between every set.

breakfast - 2 cups chocolate soymilk, 1/2 cup blueberries, 1 cup strawberries, 2 tbsp ground flax seed, 14 grams vega sport performance protein

snack - 1 scoop vega wfo w/coconut water & 6 almonds

lunch - 4 blocks TVP, 1/2 cup salsa, 1/2 cup red beans, 1 red bell pepper, 1 poblano pepper, 1/2 cup daiya,1/2 cup red onion

snack - 1 scoop vega wfo w/coconut water &

dinner - 8 oz grit tofu, 1 1/2 cup yellow and green beans, 3/4 cup hummus

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still sore this morning when I woke up. Did some squats, pushups, step up and calve raises to warmup plus an easy few minutes on the bike. workout was

10 rounds of 10 calf raises, 1 minute on the trainer and 10 steps ups. Took my 27:09 to complete. had to switch my shoes out because of my heel. I liked this wod though. It was true to crossfit form of harder than it looks on paper.

run 1 mile as a warmup. Made it through. Food feels weird afterwards. Ill have to stretch it and roll it.

AMRAP in 30 minutes of 5 pullups, 5 ring dips (jumped into ring and lowered negatives), 15 situps. 18 completed rounds and to the fifth situps of the 19th round.

breakfast - 2 cups soy yogurt, 1 cup strawberries, 1/2 cup blueberries, 2tbsp ground flax seed, 1 scoop vega sport performance protein

snack - 1 scoop vega wfo /coconut water & 6 almonds

lunch - 6 ounces of tempeh bacon, 12 almonds

snack - 1 scoop vega wfo /coconut water & 6 almonds

dinner - 6 ounces soysage, 1/2 cup lentils, 24 asparagus stalks

been a little sick the last few days. nothing serious just a little cold.

bike - warmup & 20 minute Time Trial on trainer. For some reason my Garmin did record any distance. Ill have to check into that.

overhead press - 45x5, 50x5, 55x5, 60x3 failed on 4th rep w/2 attempts, 55x4, 55x5, 60x3, 55x3, 45x5

breakfast - 6 ounces tempeh bacon

lunch - 6 ounces soysage, 1/2 cup lentils & 24 asparagus stalks

dinner - clif builder bar & 1 tbsp peanut butter

snack - clif builder bar * 1 tbsp peanut butter

rob - glad you brought it up. Honestly when I first started doing crossfit it was one of the things I had the hardest time with. Most of the people at our box don't follow a strict diet of anything. Those that do tend to be on the paleo bandwagon. But in my opinion most of them are not strict about it. my meaning behind this is ive seen what they eat and if they feel like having something with dairy they do. If they feel like eating bread they do. They all drink alcohol. Now none of these things are paleo. There are several strict people but not a majority. I think I mentioned to you that I am following zone which is actually what crossfit teaches at their certifications. The paleo people don't like zone because you have to watch the portions of what you eat and you can eat basically anything you want as long as you account for it. So the system itself encourages you to pick better for you foods so you can eat a reasonable quantity of them. So if you pick crap you get such a small portion of it your starving.The paleo people like that they can eat as much as they want as long as it is paleo. I do get some crap something with my vegan diet but overall most people there know ive been a strict vegans for years so they don't really say to much to me about it. Interestingly enough the materials that crossfit publishes about the zone say right on them that you can do the zone diet with any kind of food even strict vegan. Overall I just tend to encourage people to eat cleanier and Ill talk to them about veganism anytime they bring it up. I don't push it on them but if they have questions Ill have the conversation with them about it. My diet is pretty clean so I don't get too many challenges especially since like I said about these are not the most hardcore paleo people. What I would encourage you to do is let them know your not interested in adding animal proteins to your diet. Your probably know more about a vegan diet then they do so they probably wont be of much help to you. They might start telling you that you eat too many carbs and not enough protein and fat. But overall your probably eating cleaner than most. I hope this helped. If it didn't please feel free to let me know.

went to a stroke clinic today to have my swim looked at. It was helpful. Did drills, swam 10 x 50s and a 500 at the end. Overall was told my body position in the water is good, my kick is good, my catch is good but Im not using the power that I have in my pull and that is what we are going to work on next time. This time we mostly worked on balance in the water. I had to work on it in conjuction with my breathe. My balance is good in the water until I breathe. I lift my head too much instead of rolling so I worked on that.

Im consider entering a cyclocross race with my road bike. Ill need to buy some cyclocross tires but it looks like fun. My only concern with it is i don't want to hurt my injured foot trying to run my bike on tough parts of the course.

still sick but hanging in there. hope to get some extra rest over the weekend.

warmup swim - 250. Then 8 x 100 on 4 minutes rest. Normally I hate hanging around in the pool for this rest period to be over but with my illness it didn't really bother me this morning.

1 - 1:37

2 - 1:35

3 - 1:35

4 - 1:35

5 - 1:34

6 - 1 :35

7 - 1:37

8 - 1:39 - got water in my goggles and had to clear them

ran 1.20 miles as part of my warmup. foot is still not right but not painful like before. CF WOD - 5 rounds of 9 hanging squat cleans @ 65lbs, 1 - 15ft rope climb. time 14:30. This was a tough wod. I havent rope climbed in a long time so I wasted a lot of time getting my foot wrapped around the rope. I lost it at least once on every ascent and had to re wrap it but since i haven't been climbing in awhile I wasn't make sure it was right for safety reasons. Need to start doing this more as some skill work. This wod wrecked me.

breakfast - 3 cups chocolate soymilk, 1/2 cup blueberries, 2 tbsp ground flax

lunch -8 oz tofu, 1 cup black beans,12 cashews

snack - 1 scoop vega wfo w/coconut water & 6 cashews

dinner - 8oz grit tofu, 1/2 sprouted grain bagel, 2 tbsp peanut butter

took an unplanned rest day today. my sickness took over last night and this morning so I tried to rest as much as possible today. I am feeling better now so hopefully tomorrow will be much better.

breakfast - 8 oz tofu, 3/4 red bell pepper, 1/2 red onion, 1/2 cup black beans, spinach

snack - 2 scoops vega wfo w/coconut water

lunch - 8 ounces tofu, 1/2 cup lentils, 1/2 cups green beans, 4 cups of cauliflower. (didn't finish)

snack - clif builder bar

so funny jason! I think I was commenting on your training blog when you were commenting on mine! lol! I do occasionally take a planned rest day like after triathlon and i hate every minute of it! But your right normally I still do a recovery swim or something. Im taking the rest day to build up so I can get silly strong like you!

that's what pals are for. I just got shit from the gym owner today about being in there too often. Tomorrow is a "rest day", but I'm going to get with some friends and build the most giganticest snowmonsterofaman possible. Snow atlas stones!!!! I'm excited.

so yeah, I get it. resting is no fun and I don't like it either.

@jason - sounds like some excellent crosstraining you got going on there!

took another rest day yesterday due to illness so nothing to really report there. Same stuff, hated it, etc!

Decided to bike this morning instead of going to the pool as I am still a little sick. Did 30 rounds of 40 seconds on, 20 seconds off. This was a killer workout and I loved it. I was ready to be done by about round 15 but I hung in there for the whole thing.

Ran 1.5 miles on my foot today. Headed back to the doc tomorrow. I am not every sure what to say to him at this point. It hurt today before I even started to run, even after having 2 days of basically nothing. Running didn't really make it hurt anymore. But I am not doing any serious kind of mileage. If I were to ramp it up again to real training I can not confidently say it wouldn't be an issue. It is better than it was but it is not fixed.

cf wod - the bear complex 5 rounds of the 7 reps of the following sequence.

1) power clean

2)front squat

3)push press

4) back squat

5) behind the neck push press

the entire sequence is a rep! 7 times through it is a round. add weight after each round. rest as needed. I only rested as long as it took to change the weights as I had a limited amount of time to do this wod.

round 1 - 45

round 2 - 50

round 3 - 55

round 4 - 60

round 5 - 65

This was a good workout even though the weights seem light. I don't know how much more I would have been able to push press through this whole thing but I will go heavier with the weights next time I do this.

breakfast - 1 cup soymilk, 2/3 cup mango, 1/2 cup blueberries, 1 scoop vega sport performance protein, 2 tbsp ground flax

snack - 1 scoop vega wfo w/ coconut water & 9 almonds

lunch 8 oz tofu w/ 1 cup broccoli & 1 cup roasted yams, 9 almonds

snack - 1 scoop vega wfo w/ coconut water & 9 almonds

dinner - 8 ounces grit tofu, 1 cup red beets, 1/2 cup carmelized onion hummus

feeling the bear this morning! warmup 250 then a 2,000 straight swim in 45:35. I think there are several extra laps in there because I forgot what lap I was on a few times so is was at least 80 laps maybe more. Took me about 20-25 laps to really feel warmed up. I didn't have trouble covering the distance and didn't feel bad when I was finished. I should have gone harder the whole time though.

b-fast - 1 cup soymilk, 1 cup strawberries, 2 dates, 1/3 cup mango, 2 tbsp ground flax seed, 1 scoop vega sport performance protein

snack - 1 scoop vega wfo w/coconut water & 12 almonds

lunch - 6 ounces tempeh bacon

snack - 1 scoop vega wfo w/coconut water & 6 cashews, clif builder bar

dinner - 8 ounces tofu, 1 cup lentils.

cf wod - row 1000 meters 40 pullups, 60 situps, 80 squats, row 1000 meters. time 17:07. felt good doing this wod.

back to the foot docs today. Got another cortisone shot. He took an ultrasound to see the thickness of my plantar fascia. A normal fascia is 3 cm thick. my healthy foot measured that when he did it. However my problem foot came up a 7 it is so swollen with fluid still even after all of the nsaids and shots. He was asking me if I had any kind of injury to the foot that would have caused this damage but the only injury I can remember is rolling my ankle. Nothing directly to the bottom of the foot. We are going to see if this shot does anything. We discussed surgery and will decide on it next time. It would be 2 weeks in a cast/crutches then increasing activity for 2 weeks. Able to bike and swim after a month and then run after 2 months would be the projected recovery. at this point I am for anything that will really heal this thing. Ive had it for way too long and it would be glorious not to have to work around it and just go after it again running etc.

thanks lobster!

swim - 150 warmup, 150 with pull buoy warmup then swim 4 x 400 alternating pull and swim. no rest time period was indicated so i just used 30 seconds.

1 - 7:48 with pull buoy

2 - 7.17

3 - 8.09 with pull buoy

4 - 7.23

100 breaststroke to cool down

CF WOD-

21 Deadlifts @ 185

row 800 meters

15 Deadlifts @ 185

row 800 meters

9 Deadlifts @ 185

row 800 meters

time 23:32

Used 185 because it is about 80 percent of my max deadlift for this wod. It was feeling heavy when going for time. The row was consistent for each round all under 4 mins. Feeling the crossfit magic after this one. Coach kyle was around to get me through it. Coach Ky and I are partners for the x/y team partner challenge wod this saturday morning where we both will be throwing it down.

feeling great today energy level really high so decided to throw in a third wod. warmed up on my bike for 5 minutes then did the 15 minutes time trial on my trainer. the distnace isn't showing my on my garmin so I had to keep my effoty up watching my Heart rate, cadence and sweat dipping off my body. After about 1 minutes into this ride i realized how sore my legs were from the cf wod and realized it is going to be a long 14 more minutes and it was. I am going to look online and see if there is anhything listed aout what is going on with my garmin. If that doesn't work Ill have to get it to the shops.

bfast - 1 cup soy milk, 1 cup strawberries, 1/3 cup mango, 2 dates, 2 tbsp ground flax seed

snack - 2 scoops vega wfo w/coconut water & 15 almonds

lunch - 6 ounces of tempeh bacon & clif builder bar

dinner - 8 ounces tofu, 1/2 red onion, 1 green pepper, 1 red pepper, 1/2 cup black beans, juice of a lime,soy sauce andd nutri yeast.