MaryStella's Triathlon training crossfit endurance

1:45 minutes on the trainer. Made myself stay in the hard gear the whole time. cadence was slow at times from 50 - 60 range. not used to riding this way. my lower back is letting me know about it.

meal 1 - soysage, peppers, onions, salsa, black beans,zucchini

meal 2 - steamed broccoli & carrots & carmlized onion hummus & 2 tbsp peanut butter

meal 3 - 2 scoops vega wfo w/coconut water

meal 4 - mushrooms, onions, carrots, green beans & lentils

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

150 to warmup then

10 x 100 on 20 seconds rest - I am happy with how this wod went because I was able to keep all of the reps at below the time of the 1st rep.

1 1:39

2 1:39

3 1:39

4 1:39

5 1:39

6 1:39

7 1:40

8 1:40

9 1:37

10 1:40

The form started to feel bad around the 7 or 8 rep.

10+ x 50 yards 1 arm pull (25 right 25 left) - ended up doing more than 10 as i lost count. I actually really liked this drill. It's back to the butcher and the surgeon, I am much better balancing and pulling with my right arm then my left side.

200 pull - 4.00 - i am always slower with the pull buoy. It started out between my legs for the first 50 then my knees for the second 50 and ended up between my ankles for the last 100.

CF WOD - "CINDY" - AS MANY ROUNDS OF POSSIBLE IN 20 MINUTES OF

5 pullups

10 pushups

15 squats

I completed 17 and 2/3rds Rounds. I made it through all of the pushups in the 18th rounds but I did not get to the squats. This is a huge improvement over last time I did this wod and only made it through 12 rounds. This time I got through 12 rounds right under the 12 minute mark. So I knew I was going to crush it that helped me keep going. I was feeling good and done after this wod. I didn't connect any pullups so I am going to focus on training my kip more because I would have had even more rounds if i didn't have to keep restarting my pullups.

meal 1 - 2 scoops vega wfo w/coconut water

meal 2 - 2 cups soy yogurt, 1 cup blueberries, 2 tbsp ground flax seed, 1 scoop vega wfo

meal 3 - 7 ounces grit tofu, 1 cup roasted yams

meal 4 - clif builder bar

meal 5 - cumin lime tofu, roasted asparagus & balsalmic red beets

thanks guys! it felt good to get such a big pr!

bike - 5 minute warmup then 6o minutes of 2 minutes on, 3 minutes off. Distance 5.99 Moved into an even harder gear this time and just went after it. Cadence again was in the 50s - 60 s range. Had to stand sometimes too. I liked workout.

Then 4 x 1 minute plank holds.

cf wod - "jack" - AMRAP 20 minutes of

10 Push Presses @ 65 lbs

10 Kettlebell swings @ 35lbs (american)

10 box jumps @ 24 inches

8 full rounds and 6 push presses of the 9th round.

I am feeling the hard work I put into cindy today. Sore from the pushups! I would have liked to use 70 on the push press but i think it would have slowed me down too much especially after cindy yesterday. The PP was the hardest part of this wod for me. I was breaking after 5 reps and after 3 in the last two rounds. The KB swings and box jumps went unbroken.

meal 1 - 6 ounces tempeh bacon

meal 2 - 2 scoops vega wfo w/coconut water

meal 3 - 8 ounces cumin lime tofu, asparagus & red beets

meal 4 - peanut butter larabar

meal 5 - soysage, peas, carrots, zucchini and broccoli

Met with the foot doctor again today and decided to have surgery. Don't have a date yet.

thanks lobster! the doc pretty much guaranteed me that i will wake up the next morning and finally be painless. only bad part about it is i have to be casted for 2 weeks. I can't swim until my incision heals (about 3 weeks), bike at 4 weeks. run after 2 months. I however will still train because I am free to work on things like my bench, shoulder press, pullups, ring dips, rowing, situps, etc. basically naything that i do not have to be weight bearing on my foot. But if it finally really heals my foot I guess I can deal with the down time. thankfully it is in the winter and not the summer.

swim - 250 to warmup. Still sore and tight from cindy and yesterdays cf wod. Then I was supposed to do a 35 minute time trial. Set my watch and off I went. I got through 80 laps which is about 2,000 yds when I thought this alarm should have gone off by now so I stopped to check my watch and there was 6:35 left on the timer. I must have bumped my watch with that amount of time left and it stopped the timer from continuing to countdown. But it had to be only a little more than 35 minutes because when I switched my watch over to timer it was 6:22. When I figure out what happened with my watch and checked the time it was 7am. Got a good swim in regardless of the watch situation.

cf wod - hanging squat cleans

45x3

50x3

55x3 - (power - forgot i was doing squat cleans)

55x3

60 x3

65 x3

65x3

70x3

70x3

75x3

75x3

80x3

80x3

85x3

85x3

85x2

65x3

65x3

65x3

65x3

65x3

meal 1 - vega wfo w/coconut water

meal 2 - 2 cups soy yogurt, 1 cup blueberries, 2 tbsp ground flax, 1 scoop vega wfo

meal 3 - soysage, peas, carrots, zucchini and broccoli

meal 5 - 7 ounces tofu, 1/2 cup salsa, 1/2 cup black beans, 2 red bell pepper 1/2 red onion, cilantro, daiya

You can't always get what you want! But if you try sometimes you get what you need!!

My foot surgery is going to be wednesday, december 22nd! Ill be happy to be over the road to real recovery and back at in for real in the new year.

bike - 10 minute warm up - rode in an easier gear and kept the cadence high then put it in the hard work zone and did

7 minutes on, 1 minute isometric squat hold, 5 minutes on, 1 minute isometric squat hold. distance equals 2.87. Cadence was around 56 for these.

cf wod

21 - 15 - 9

Back Squats @ 95 lbs

Burpee Pullups

Time 9:35

I only re racked the bar once after 10 reps in the 15 set. Went unbroken on everything else. although there were some pauses with bar loaded on my back.

Also did 3 x 5 negative rings dips and some handstand holds.

meal 1 - 6 ounces tempeh bacon

meal 2 - 2 scoops vega wfo w/coconut water

meal 3 - 7 ounces tofu, 1/2 cup salsa, 1/2 cup black beans, 2 red bell pepper 1/2 red onion, cilantro, daiya

meal 5 - 6 ounces grit tofu, hummus & steamed broccoli and roasted yams, peanut butter

swim 100, pull 200, 500 time trial - 8:50 - 4 seconds slower than my PR but I had someone in my lane with me, took some time to recover then pull 200, swim 100.

cf wod - 7 rounds of

7 split jerks at 70lbs

7 GHD situps

7 Box jumps at 24 inches

Time - I forgot to stop my watch but I think it was around 10 minutes

Got my bloodwork and physical done today so Im officially cleared for surgery.

meal 2 - clif builder bar

meal 3 - 8 ounces grit tofu, 1 cup roasted yams

meal 4 - 2 cups soy yogurt, 1 cup bluberries, 2 tbsp ground flax, 1 scoop vega wfo

meal 5 - steamed broccoli and hummus, veggie burger, peanut butter

my crossfit box hosted and xx/xy games today. My partner was actually from another box as the guy I was supposed to do it with was unable to make so in the "out of box" category we came in first place! In the overall competition we came in second place. It was a fun time. All work must be divided equally so if he does 10 reps I have to do 10 reps before he can go again. I didn't write down our times for any of the events but we were first of second in number 1,2 and 4. The events were as follows:

event 1 - with one kettlebell move 5,000 pounds with the male doing american swings and the female doing sumo deadlift highpulls. We choose a 44 lb bell because we could most that with good speed. we traded off in reps of 20 finishing with a round of 7 for a total of 114 reps and 5,000 pounds. I liked this wod becuase im usually pretty good with kettlebells.

event 2 - when this got unveiled i was stoked because ive done this so many times when i was kickboxing. however ill admit this may have been one of the toughest times ive done it since we were trying to go fast.

Partner medicine ball situps with a toss. Touch the med ball on the ground over your head while sitting up and tossing it to your partner who does the same. We had to complete 150 reps with a 16 lb med ball. The only disadvantage was they scaled the med ball weight for each time and we got the highest. But we were able to keep it moving constantly we had a great rhythem and we never broke it to rest or even slow down.

event #3 - I fucked this one up big time. You had to throw a medicine ball over a 10 foot obstacle to your partner who had to catch it 10 feet away. There were markers at every 10 feet and from whatever line you finished you got to subtract 20 burpees from event #4. Because I can't throw things We only got passed the first line and therefore only reduced out total by 20 burpees. It was something ive never done before and honestly would have to practice launching that thing because it is heavy to be throwing that high and far. i just decided i would have to smoke the burpees.

event 4 - one person must be holding a 10 pound plate over head the entire time. and as a team you must complete

60 burpees - traded 20,10,10

200 squats - traded off every 20

150 pushups - traded off every 10

100 pullups - traded off every 10

50 rings dips ( i had to add 30 dips since i didn't have ring dips and had to do them off a box instead) - traded off every 10 and i finished with my extra 30 at the end.

I am not a person that likes to be thinking about things like reps etc while im working out so we decided to just go in order and knock it out instead of trying to play a strategy and waste time figure out what was left.

The burpees and squats weren't too bad we moved at a great clip.the pushups and pullups make it harder to hold the plate overhead but there was no way I was dropping that thing as a plate infraction cost you 20 burpees a piece. The dips were tough after holding the plate overhead for so long but overall it was a fun wod. I really pounded through the reps fast today. especially the pullups I don't think ive ever done 50 pullups that fast. I was pretty tired afterwards but my nutriton was not the greatest today as I was running around all day.

needed a short bike wod so did the 8 rounds of tabata on the trainer. started with a 10 minute warmup. 20 on 10 off Distance recorded was .80 but I actually think it was farther because i only saw .7 for the 1st 0 seconds and I think my bike sensor wasn't detected immediately.

meal 1 - vega wfo w/coconut water

meal 2 - clif builder bar & macadamia nuts

meal 3 - clif builder bar

meal 4 - tofu, green beans, red beets, steamed carrots & hummus, peanut butter

thanks rob. I laughed so hard when I read your post because literally when I was introduced to my partner for the wod yesterday the guy said to him mary looks like a female but she's a cyborg and I just asked another guy at the box what that means and then here you are posting it on my blog! so funny.

reasonably sore this morning from yesterdays work.

cf wod - barbell complex of

Deadlift

Power clean

right leg reverse lunge

left leg rreverse lunge

split jerk

supposed to be 6 rounds of 8 reps. 1 time through the sequence is a rep. So you go through it the sequence eight times and then add more weight. I never did this wod before so I started with a light weight and just kept adding after each round because ive done a barbell complex before and I know how hard they get so didn't want to overdue the weight.

went 45, 50, 55, 60, 65, 70, 75. So actually did 7 complete rounds. Started the 8 round with 80 on the bar but only did 2 reps before I felt like the form was bad so I stopped. It is fun to do this kind of wod occasionally. I was pulling the cleans from the hang or the top of the deadlift. The reverse lunges were the toughest part of the wod because of the weight. On the 70 and 75 rounds I was dropped the weight from the jerk to the ground and then restarting which you are not supposed to do in a barbell complex. if your hand comes off the bar your done even though it isn't for time.

Due to time issues today I went directly from this complex to the pool to get my swim in. not really the best idea when attempting to throw down a time trial but if i wanted to swim today it was the only way. my 2,000 time trial was done in 37:42. I missed counted laps I think twice. I don't feel great about the time but I was tired already getting into the pool. I actually felt better getting over the pool than I did getting into it. I had to stop once to pull my swim cap back on but it was just a second.

meal 1 - 1/2 cup soy yogurt, 1 1/2 cups soymilk, 1 cup blueberries, 2 tbsp ground flax, 1 scoop vega wfo

meal 2 - steamed carrots and avocado hummus & carmelized onion hummus

meal 3 - vega wfo w/coconut water

meal 4 - vegan pizza with soysage & broccoli

3 mile warmup on trainer spinning around 90 cadence in an easier gear. then into the hard gear for a 12 minute tt. Covered 2.67 miles.

cf wod - "brenton"

5 rounds of

100 ft bear crawl

100 ft broad jumps

After every 5 jumps do 3 burpees. Wear a 20lb vest.

time - 23:04

The burpees with a 20 lb weight vest on are the best incentive to either lose weight or not gain weight as they are tough. Our gym is 50 feet across so I went down, turned around and came back. Every round it took me 20 jumps to covered the distance so it was also 12 burpees each round. As your legs fatigue it is hard to keep going for distance on the jumps. The bear crawling isn't too bad but by the last round i was ready to be done with it.

meal 2 & 3 - 1 slice vegan pizza & soysage

meal 5 - steamed broccoli & carrots and avocado carmelized onion hummus, peanut butter

swim 150 to warmup - tight,sore, and tired this morning. guess i need those rest days that are coming up. 500 yards of drills

100 switch, 100 catch, 100 drag, 100 shark & 100 hesitated entry then 10 x 100 with breathing on right for the out 25s and breathing on the left for the back 25s. I went every 40s on these. Times started out at 1:40 but ended up 1:44. I have a harder time repeatively breathing to the left side. I hold my neck weird or something. I was breathing every 4 strokes instead of 3.

I actually felt better less sore, more energy going into this crossfit wod than I did swimming this morning.

CF WOD - "coe"

10 rounds for time of

10 thrusters @ 65lbs

10 ring pushups

time 25:23

my goal wasn't to get through this as fast as possible but rather to get through it. I don't do ring pushups so the depth and the stabilization made them harder and that many thrusters at that weight were heavy for me. I only did the 1st round under broken. All of the other rounds I broke after 5. I started the weight from the ground so I had to clean it back up everytime i put it down. I probably should have tried to hold it more.

meal 1- 2 scoops vega wfo w/coconut water

meal 2 - 2 cups soy yogurt, 1 cup blueberries, 2 tbsp ground flax seed,1 scoop vega wfo w.coconut water

meal 3 - steamed broccoli & carrots, carmelized onion hummus, tofu, almonds

meal 4 - tofu, vegan pizza of mushrooms, artichokes, red onions

Getting my surgery done tomorrow. had to put stefan away in the garage. That was sad, acknowledging that I won't be on him for a month. This whole cast/crutches situation is going to rough for me to get through. I know I can do it obviously but i know myself well enough to know it is going to be hard for me mentally to be that limited for that long. I really hope I can forced myself to behave for that long.

day 1 post op. The nerve block wore off last night and my foot started to really hurt. I took my pain pills and slept about 12 hours last night. Spent almost the whole day in bed again today with my foot elevated but i am not taking the pain medication anymore. Also I quit the icing as it really isn't doing anything through the fiberglass cast. the swelling does seem to be going down compared to yesterday. Don't have to go back to the doctor until tuesday.Watched the ironman world championships today.