MaryStella's Triathlon training crossfit endurance

I got the earth vega solar in black. they look like mary janes. they are the same ones i had a few years ago. They lasted for years but eventually the strap broke off and i finally got around to getting a new pair. I have a pair of earth vegan boots that are cute. But most of their styles are not the cutest. They have some better styles in their non vegan line but i won't buy those. Wish they made all of their styles in a vegan option!

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@adena - the recipe is from color me vegan. you basically cooked the lentils, mix them with the cashews and add ww breadcrumbs to hold them together then cook them on the stovetop.

@rob - u love burpess -u know you do!

bike - 3 mile warmup - 24 rounds of tabata on the trainer. Used a hard gear 20 second on 10 seconds off. distance - 2.48 hear rate avg 137 max 148 cadence avg was 68. 1 mile cooldown.

Cf wod - "cindy" - 20 amrap of

5 pullups

10 pushups

15 squats

18 2/3 rounds complete plus 6 squats. last time i did this wod 1 had 17 2/3rd complete. i really wanted to get 20 but it gets tough.

Meal 1 - 3 slices hemp bread w/peanut butter

meal 2 - vega wfo w/coconut water

snack - cashews

meal 3 - seitan & chickpeas piccata

meal 4 - clif builder bar

meal 5 -

Finished the day with a 4 mile run. Left foot started getting a little numb towards the end of my run. When I was done I noticed my left foot was sore in the same spot as last time. Im convinced it is from the orthos. I think the running is getting a little better. My earth shoes came today! Damon's carbon sonic wing arrived also. That is going to have to be a weekend project.

meal 5 - tofu, peppers, zucchini, onions, daiya, guacamole.

Feeling the effects of "cindy" today. I didnt get much or good quality sleep last night either so that didn't help the recovery process. it really makes such a difference. Just more sore than expected to be from a bodyweight wod. Didn't do an endurance wod in the morning like I normally do. Just wasn't feeling up to it. I had to shovel my car out of 8 inches of snow instead. wasn't very much fun. Foot is a little tender today too. Tonight I need to do some mobility work I didn't have time for any last night.

CF wod -

21 - 15 - 9

Overhead squats @ 35lbs bar from the ground squat onto a medicine ball

GHD situps

time 7:43

I am horrible at overhead squats. I took a long warmup trying to get myself more mobile today. then did some OHS lifts to get ready for the wod.

OHS

pvcx5

15x5

25x5

35x5

45x5

55x5

35x10

I started the bar from the ground so I had to muscle snatch it anytime I dropped it. I had to ditch it a few times. I still have trouble letting the bar roll back so sometimes when i am coming up from the squat the bar is too far forward and my balance goes to shit so i have to ditch it forward. I used the medicine ball to make sure i was going to depth but that ended up being a bad thing too because i found myself almost sitting on the ball and then pushing up instead of just touching and going nice and fast. But it is a starting point. I made it through the wod. It's more skillwork for me because of the level i am at with OHS. I almost feel like making my warmup things i am horrible at or hate everyday so i get better at them and don't detest them so much.

meal 1 - granola & soymilk

meal 2 - clif builder bar & 1 scoop vega wfo w/coconut water

meal 3 - tofu, peppers, zucchini. onions, daiya and guacmole

meal 4 - 1 scoop vega & coconut water

meal 5 - beet burgers & taters

swim - 500 yards of drills (100s of the usual suspects) then 1,000 paddles and pull buoy. Only stopped cuz i lost my paddle once and had to fix my pull buoy a couple of times. I swim very smoothly with paddles although i don't know how good my speed is with them. Finished with 500 of fins and kicking. side, streamlined, switch. I've been doing so much drill work lately i feel like i don't even swim! that changes for next time. looking forward to it.

cf wod -

4 rounds for time of

15 Deadlifts @185 lbs

20 box jumps @ 24 inches

time 16:13

I did my usual warmup plus 5 minutes of jumping rope to get ready for this. Then warmed up my deadlift from 135 to 215. Decided 185 would be a painful enough weight to use for the wod. felt pretty good the first round i was done in 3 minutes. 2nd round was 4 minutes. and it got worse from there. The deads were feeling heavy it was getting challenging to maintain good form. My foot started to hurt a bit on the 3rd round of box jumps. Gonna have to work on that tonight.

meal 1 - vega wfo w/coconut water

meal 2 - hemp bagel & peanut butter

meal 3 - tofu, veggies, brown rice

Regular warmup + 5 minutes jumping rope - 3 x 5 KB swings @ 44

You know what?? Jumping rope as part of my regular warmup makes way more sense than just 10 minutes on the moon machine. (oops-I mean Precor machines )

Think I will try that next week. BUT I am sure I will have to work up to 5 minutes!

thanks everyone. it was weird because i don't even know anyone else that is sick and i agree it was late in the season. it's been 10 - 15 years since i had something like that. and i hope it is that long before i get it again!

started training again today - 45 minute TT in the pool. Swam 92 laps was almost done with my 93rd lap is i was counting correctly. Which is always questionable when it gets to be that many laps. I felt good swimming, I didn't feel like i was going fast or even working hard. Felt like I had a good pace and wasn't struggling to maintain it. Had a few swim cap issues where it won't stay on my head. I had hair hanging out of it for most of the workout because i refused to stop and fix it. so i just kept pulling at it on my flip turns.

CF workout - barbell complex. i felt like it went horrible. I made it through but I felt really bad through the whole thing like I really needed to rest between the rounds. I felt weak and wiped out.

5 rounds of 4 reps of each

1 rep the entire series below

Front Squat

Push Press

Back Squat

Reverse Lunge Right

Reverse Lunge left

Push press (behind the neck)

round 1 - 65

round 2 - 70

round 3 - 75 - failed on the BTN PP on the 1st rep so I dropped the weight to 65

round 4 - 70

round 5 - 65

I put the bar down between reps to reset. I know in a complex your not supposed to do that but I really hurting today. I also took a little break between rounds. the squats were easy. The push press especially the BTN was rough. The lunges were a fun challenge. Maybe i went to heavy but I don't think so. Hopefully today was just an off day as my first time back and I am better tomorrow.

meal 2 - soy yogurt, strawberries, blueberries, vega wfo, ground flax

meal 3 - tofu, brown rice, veggies

tired and sore getting up this morning. I feel like I can't get enough sleep the last couple of days. Guess my needs to get back into the routine after having so many days off.

swim - 400 of drills as a warmup (100s of switch,catch, shark, hesitate) then 2,000 as 25 hard and 25 easy. I timed it just to see what it ended up being not that i was going for a good time because of the easy part. ended up being 38.45. Did 50 of breast stroke to cooldown and 50 of butterfly kicking.

cf wod - "eva"

5 rounds for time of

Run 800 meters (rower)

30 kettlebell swings @ 44

30 pullups (on rings)

time - 45:52

I used the rower because it was raining and i needed to go back to work when I was done. This is my first time doing eva with the rx weight. before i used to swing a 35 for it because of the high numbers of reps. but i made it all the way through using the 44. decided to do the rings pullups since my hand still has an open tear on it and 150 pullups would only make that worse and it would be nice to be able to hold onto my bike this weekend during the race.

meal 2 - veg wfo, soy yogurt, ground flax, strawberries, blueberries

meal 3 - clif builder bar

meal 4 - tofu, spinach, peppers, zucchini, guacamole, roasted yams