MaryStella's Triathlon training crossfit endurance

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bike - 3 miles warmup. then 8 rounds of tabata 20 on 10 off - distance .91 - pushed at hard gear. 10 minute cooldown 2.25 miles.

legs are still sore from crossfitting the last few days.

swim - 500 drills 100s of switch, catch, drag, shark, hesitate, 500 time trial with a t shirt on. time - 8:54 - which is a .14 PR. Not much of an improvement but it is so hard to swim with a shirt on Ill take it!

meal 1 - vega wfo, soy yougurt, strawberries, blueberries, ground flax

meal 2 - lentils & brown rice, Clif builder bar

meal 3 - tofu, peppers, coconut milk, yellow beans

meal 4 - vega wfo w/coconut water

meal 5 - tempeh bacon, guacamole, 1/2 bagel, peanut butter

picked up my kit for sundays race. I also got my cycling license in the mail today. The race will be a sucess if i don't crash!

yes i have it but i don't remember how much it cost exactly. Wanna say 1,000. "worth" it depends on what you want from it. If your going to coach you need to have it. They basically about going to go over the 9 basic movements and how other movements come from them. THey will also go over crossfit theory and nutrition. It is a lot of money for a cert if you just want it for your own personal knowledge. They are not going to do anything you can't learn at your own box. That being said it is a great time and would be really convenient for you since your wouldn't have to travel and include those costs into the trip. I don't think you would regret doing it but it is a lot of money.

Took a 19 mile spin with a teammate getting ready for tomorrows race, gone 1:26 . found out more about what I need to do. I am looking forward to the challenge of it. I know I am not one of the better riders in tomorrows comp but it is a learning experience. Practiced my drafting a bit. Had a run in with a car where a guy was literally messing with us. Pulling in front of us and braking. He even pulled over and waited for us. Clearly he has never know the happiness of riding a bike. it's sad. Had to stop for gas on the way home and had a guy very aggressively hitting on me. It was a weird day. Race report tomorrow! Hope fully it will be a good one!

meal 1 - tofu, mushrooms, peppers,zucchini, 1/2 bagel

meal 2 - tofu, mushrooms, peppers, zucchini, small bowl of granola and soy milk

meal 3 - vega wfo w/coconut water

meal 4 - tofu raviolis and a clif builder bar

Took a 19 mile spin with a teammate getting ready for tomorrows race... Had a run in with a car where a guy was literally messing with us...

Geesh... Does sound like a wierd day. Sorry about the strange dudes, why don't they just stay home and go online like the rest of us guys!

Clearly-They don't know who they are messing with .

Good luck in the race!

lol thanks gl!

Well today was my first stand alone cycling race. It was the wheelman's cup. It was a 5 mile team TT and a 42 mile Crit. It was my first time doing both events. Mostly was a learning experience as I wasn't very good at either. Got dropped by my team for the TT. Wasn't surprised I really couldn't stay with them. I did do some riding in the peloton during the crit. That was a sucess in that I didnt crash my bike and I didn't freak out. I am not used to drafting off of people so I have to get more comfortable with it. The race was tough because the only girls in it were on my team and i already knew i couldn't stay with them. Luckily i was able to stay with a guy that fell off the peloton too and let him pull me around for awhile. I am not a quitter so i finished the whole thing. A lot of people didn't once they fell off the peloton they just pulled off the road and stopped and watched the race. I really don't understand that. I would rather come in last than dnf. Lots of room for improvement. I need to start riding with people. I really haven't done that because i normally ride early in the morning and most of the rides i know about are at night. I was getting told what to do during the race. The biggest thing the crowd was yelling to me was to ride with more gear. That i was spinning myself out. My cadence was too high. After the race several people told me my seat is too low so ill have to work on that. But people were cheering for me for anytime I did do something right. It was kinda funny, they would be like look how close you are to the the guys wheel good for you! hang on! The funniest part of the whole race was when one of the guys goes to me i want you to feel what its like to be in the front of the peloton so he puts his arm around my waist and literally starts pulling me with him, FAST!. If i could only be that fast by myself! so he has me add more gear and he puts his hand on my back and pushes me so i go off like a rocket. Hopefullly next time i do a crit there will be more people at my level there. the team i rode on won but the time trial and the crit so they took home the cup.

meal 1 - tofu, mushrooms, peppers, bagel

meal 2 - vega wfo w/coconut water

meal 3 - clif bar

meal 4 - lentils & brown rice

meal 5 - roasted veggie pizza, mac nuts

thanks so much everyone. Hopefully there will be more fun races to report on!

swim - 2 x 500 drills - 100s of switch, catch, drag, shark, hesitate.

200 pull & paddles

200 side kicking

200 pull & paddles

200 streamline kicking

200 pull & paddles

100 breaststoke

50 butterfly kick

crossfit wod - 50 hanging power cleans for time @55 - time 6:57

did some hanging power cleans to warmup from 45 - 65 in sets of 5. I haven't been doing cleans in so long it felt weird which is why i used the lower weight.

45 minute bike ride - 11.5 miles just spinning the legs out from yesterday. They actually feel ok.

meal 1 - vega wfo w/coconut water & banana

meal 2 - soy yougurt, vega wfo, strawberries & blueberries, ground flax

meal 3 - slice of veggie pizza

meal 4 - tofu, brown rice, veggies, mac nuts

meal 5 - clif builder bar

meal 6 - hummus & broccoli, granola & soymilk

thanks. im actually feeling a little sore from the cleans today. Been too long since I last did them!

"karen" - 150 wallballs for time.

14lb ball @ 9 ft target

time 12:52

wallballs are not one of my better crossfit moves so I was dreading going to CF today knowing this was on the schedule. There was improvement on my wallballs but as i fatigued i was literally doing 2 - 3 at a time. I think my form and accuracy would be better on them if i used a lighter ball but this is rx and i can do it so i force myself to use it. I don't know if that is for the best or not. the previous time I have written down was 14:25. It that is correct then this was a 1.27 PR. Kinda funny because i didn't even know what my old time was when i was doing it and i wasnt forcing myself to go for a pr. I was just forcing myself to do the wod because i really didn't want to. it was nice to find out that it was a better time for me.

meal 1 - tempeh bacon

meal 2 - vega wfo w/coconut water, mac nuts

meal 3 - tofu, brown rice, veggies

Run - 1 mile warmup. foot ok. then 10 x 100 meter sprints on 30 seconds rest. It took me 20 - 21 seconds to do the sprints. It has been a long time since I have even attempted to run fast. My foot didn't hurt while sprinting but i noticed it on the 30 second rest. Did a 1/2 mile cooldown and it didn't bother me then. Icing it now as it feels a little sore. Not sure how I feel about running anymore, sometimes i feel like i shouldn't even do it anymore and just swim, bike and crossfit since those don't seem to bother me. Running does. But I do love to run.

meal 4 - clif builder bar, banana

meal 5 - tofu, red peppers, spinach, yams, broccoli

foot was a little touchy this morning when i got up but most of the day i didn't even think about it but i wasn't really using it much either. i was really tired getting up to swim this morning. too many days in a row of not enough sleep!

swim - 400 of drills to warmup, switch, catch, shark, hesitate - then 35 TT - 74 laps completed. I was hurting when i started swimming but that went away. I slowed down too much in the middle of the workout. I felt good and was moving fast again towards the end of it. The hardest part of swimming time trials is i can't actually see where i am at timewise until the alarm goes off. I kinda like swimming distance TT better because at least i have some sense of being able to judge where i have to go yet and how i am feeling. 50 breaststroke to cooldown

deadlifts

135x3

155x3

175x3

185x3

195x3

205x3

205x1 fail on 2nd attempt, got it on the third lift, failed again on the 4th pulled it on the 5th.

This probably wasn't my best day to do deadlifts because my hammies were not recovered from sprinting last night. But i did the best I could with the shape I was in. I think I was putting in everything i had even though 205 is 40 pounds under my current max because i was really dizzy after my lifts and i usually only get that when i am lifting near my max loads. Had my legs been more recovered i think i could have gone a little heavier.

It's been tough going to the crossfit gym lately. I just want to swim, bike and run!

meal 1 - vega wfo w/coconut water

meal 2 - vega wfo, soy yogurt, strawberries, blueberries, ground flax

meal 3 - clif builder bar, banana & mac nuts

meal 4 - tofu, red peppers, spinach, yams, broccoli

meal 5 - tempeh, red pepper, tomatoes, onions, peanut butter

Typically about 5:30. Depends on what im doing. sometimes a little earlier or later depending on what workout I am doing. It is hard for me to get up then the problem is it is hard to get to bed early enough at night.

swim - 10 x 100 of drills, switch, catch, drag, shark and hesitate x2

then 1,000 on 25 hard 25 easy. took me around 19 minutes. timed it just to see what it came up as. Pretty consistent last time i did this i swam 2,000 and it took me 38 minutes. it's kinda funny because my form actually feels worse on the easy than it does on the hard. I am trying to slow myself down so i can recover and sprint again. overall lately I feel like my balance in the water is better. I am rotating better.

cf wod - 5 rounds of 15 push presses @ 65 lbs and 10 pullups - time - 12:34

The push presses were actually hard for me than the pullups today. That was odd usually the pullups are my hardest part of the wod. My kipping was on today. I was connecting my pullups well. I did actually fall off the bar once into a bucket of chalk and onto the ground. But otherwise they were good. I actually didn't even tear my hand. I almost can't believe it.

meal 1 - vega wfo w/coconut water

meal 2 - vega wfo, soy yogurt, blueberries, ground flax, clif buidler bar, mac nuts

meal 3 - tempeh, red peppers, tomatoes, onions, daiya

Typically about 5:30. Depends on what im doing. sometimes a little earlier or later depending on what workout I am doing. It is hard for me to get up then the problem is it is hard to get to bed early enough at night.

5:30 am can't remember the last time I saw 5:30 am!

I also find it hard to goto bed early... i'm suffering terribly with lack of quality sleep too, ruining my days at the minute