MaryStella's Triathlon training crossfit endurance

@rob - the owner majorly bitched me out over text messages for it today too which was upsetting . it was an accident. I cleaned it up as much as i could with my hands but it's chalk and it gets everywhere! I didn't know where the cleaning stuff was and the trainer was teaching a class so i didn't want to interrupt him. And let's face it. It is a gym not one of the cleanest places anyway. I told him it wouldn't happen again since now i know i should just interrupt a class to find out where the cleaning supplies are so i can take care of it properly. Ok thanks for listening to my rant. I needed to get that out.

lobster - yeah that is basically what I need to do too but it is hard to make it happen.

Hoping all of get enough sleep tonight!

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was going to ride my bike on the trainer this morning but I screwed up and my trainer skewer is actually on my Tri bike that I dropped off at the bike shop last night and even through I tried I could not get this regular skewer to fit in so I checked over my schedule and picked out a workout that I could get done in the amount of time I had left so I went and did 400 meters of walking lunges on a track that had frost on it still. time was 17.40. I was surprised it took me that long. I am gonna be feeling those for days. They always kill me.

2.5 mile warmup on my bike. then 10 x 1 minute hill sprints, recover on the downhill. Most of the time I was out of the saddle. These hurt. I was a little delirious when I was done. HR was up over 160 everytime.

meal 1 - soysage & a banana

meal 2 - clif builder bar & mac nuts

meal 3 - 1 scoop vega and coconut water

meal 4 - girt tofu, roasted yellow beans, 1/2 ezekiel pizza with broccoli & soysage

I was right the lunges killed me! I am sure the hill repeats didn't help much either. Saturday I woke up with some DOMS. Decided I was in no condition to do a road running race so I went and did a group bike ride. My legs were so sore I actually took some ibuprofen before I even started riding. I decided to go on the ride instead of resting because I wanted to get some practice riding with other people. The ride went well enough. I did a 2.5 mile warmup to meetup with the group. My garmin died on the ride so I don't have any ride data. someone said it was 22miles. I also did a 2.5 mile ride back home later. I felt good on the group ride. I stayed with the 1st pack of riders almost the entire time. We did stop to do regroups about 3 times which i wasn't a fan of. I started to fall off the back towards the end of the ride. A few riders in front of me fell off too so i made myself catch them and stay with them the rest of the way. I felt good about that seeing how cooked my legs were. of course the hills were my weakness. The ride really didn't help the situation with my legs. I took more meds saturday night to sleep because my legs were so stiff. I couldn't walk downstairs or squats etc. Any concentric loading was painful. sunday morning my legs were still in bad shape so i decided again not to race but rather to go out for a 9 - 10 mile run and get some distance on these legs as my half-mary and half-ironman tri are both coming up pretty soon. I ended up running 11.15 miles. The course I used is what i normally do for a half-mary training run. I thought i cut enough off of that to make it a short run but i was about a mile and half from my house. I had run out of water which i was rationing through the run so i thought it best to just run home as it would be faster than walking. It wasn't warm out so i didn't take a lot of water becuase i didn't want to have to carry it but i learned a lesson on that one! My legs were so fried I was dying on anything downhill and when i stopped running i kinda staggered across my driveway into my place. It was kinda funny. I hate my orthotics and am going to try to phase out of using them. My left foot (not surgery side) was aching for the last 2 days before of them. The are improved today but still a little sore. Went to the pool and did drills this morning 2 sets of 100s of switch, catch, drag, shark and hesitate. Then 200 paddles and pull, 200 fins, 200 paddles and pull,100 kick, my legs were fried on the kicking. Decided CF wod would have to be upperbody based. want these legs to recovery so i can get back at it tomorrow.

Shoulder press

55x2

60x1

60x1

65x1 (kinda push pressed this)

60x1

60x1

60x1

didn't have a good strict press today. I've been higher than this before

push press

65x3

70x3

75x3

80x3

85x3

90x3

95 fail

90x1

these felt pretty good

split jerk - this was my first time jerking since the foot surgery. these used to bother my foot before the surgery so i went light on these. Also my form wasn't the greatest since it's been a long time since i did them.

60x5

65x5

70x5

75x5

80x5

meal 1 - vega wfo w/coconut water

meal 2 - vega wfo, soy yogurt, blueberries, strawberries, ground flax

meal 3 - clif builder bar & mac nuts

meal 4 - seitan, green beans, red peppers, carrots, beans sprouts stir fry, banana

Well the good news is my legs are feeling better. BUT my right shoulder is a mess. I shouldn't be surprised it always reacts like this anything I add something back in that is shoulder intensive like the jerks yesterday. I've been trying to stretch it out all day.

morning workout - ended up on the trainer because surprise surprise it is raining here again today.

did 3 mile warmup followed by 10 rounds of 45 seconds on 15 seconds off and a 10 minute cooldown. finished with 7 miles. Made myself push a really hard gear for the wod. My cadence was about 60 the whole time. I dropped my chain in the small ring and kept moving slowly through the 15 second rest.

cf wod - "diane"

21-15-9

Deadlifts @ 155 (women's RX)

Handstand pushups (did with toes on a box)

time 7:23

The deads went well that is a light DL for me. The handstand pushups were more of a challenge and slowed me down a bit. I failed twice trying to push myself up and had to break this into sets of 5 or so, just to give me muscles a break. Shoulder felt ok as i warmed up but now that the wod is over it is sore again.

meal 1 - vega wfo w/coconut water & sprouted grain bagel

meal 3 - cajun tofu, red cabbage & oven roasted broccoli, carmelized onion hummus & ezekiel wrap, banana, mac nuts

meal 4 - thai salad, thai tofu & veggies

swim - 10 x 100s of drills to warmup, 2 sets of switch, catch, drag, shark & hesitate then

4 x 200s on 30 seconds.

3.27- 3.28 - 3.17 - 3.21

The last two I did with a couple of guys from the pool. They motivated some better times out of me! They ask me to swim with them all the time but I never do it. Maybe I should! I go faster with them! And I am all about swimming faster!

cf wod -

21 - 15- 9

Power Cleans @ 70lbs

Dips (box)

time - 5.32

Wod went pretty well. I dropped the bar a couple of times and wish I didn't. I was just getting tired and then i had to chase it across the gym. I need to start forcing myself to not break on these things just because i am feeling it!

I got invited to go ride my bike tonight with the guys from the pool but it has been raining since last night so i don't know if that is going to happen.

Registered for my first running race of the season this weekend. Im going a local 5k to kick the season off.

meal 3 - banana & mac nuts

meal 4 - Tofu, veggies & brown rice

I am going to start eating more calories earlier in the day because i find myself hungry more in the morning.

Didn't sleep well last night and didn't feel well this morning but made it to the track anyway. Did a 1 mile warmup then 4 x 400s on 1 minute rest. I didnt use my orthotics for the first time since before the surgery at all! I was going to attempt to phase this out but my left foot is still hurting from my run on sunday and I didn't want to use them and aggravate it anymore. Especially since I really want to go and race the 5k coming up this sunday! I didn't have any issues warming up. The spot I had surgery on did fell a little warm towards the end of my warmup. More like It was working than pain. I didn't have any troubles when I picked up the pace for the 400s either. Actually me left foot is giving me more problems than the right surgical side. times on the 400s were horrible went 1.40, 1.45, 1.50, 1.46. I am still not able to run fast. I'm hoping that changes! It is good in a way that i did this workout before the 5k on sunday because now I know not to expect any kind of good time out of myself. I will still be trying for one but it really is an indicator of where my running is at right now.

Finally got to do my commuting on stefan again! It didn't rain at all today! I am thinking about taking my tri bike out for a spin tonight just to get used to it on the road. I have my first tri in 2 weeks!

cf wod -

Front squats

I did these in my vibram five fingers and it felt kinda weird! I have no problems walking around in them but training still feels a little weird. I want to build my strength in my feet too!

45x5

55x3

65x1

75x1

85x1

95x1

105x1

115x1

125x1

130 - pitched it too far forward and dropped it. didn't have the time to rerack it and try again.

Good news is i didn't feel like i was going any work til i got over 100.

I dropped the bar a couple of times and wish I didn't. I was just getting tired and then i had to chase it across the gym. I need to start forcing myself to not break on these things just because i am feeling it!

Dude I totally feel you on that. I wish I could push straight through more often than I am able to. But it seems that lactic acid build up will not be denied.

@rob - i have to mentally overcome that and just keep going! I should make actual muscle failure be my break indicator but it is so much easier said than done.

@lobster - I have a very full seasons of races this year and i am really looking forward to it. The biggest change i see from last year is I plan on doing more tri's and bike racing and less running races. For a couple of reasons. mostly i just want to do all tris as much as possible and will always pick that over other events. 2) it is better for my bike skills to do more bike races and also better for my foot to watch how much racing I do on the foot this year. I would do more open water swim races but there are just not many of them in my area. and finally to your question - my upcoming tri is not an ows. It is a pool swim with an outside bike and run. I have never done one of these before so I don't really know what to expect! Obviously I swim in a pool all the time so i am not concerned about that I am just not sure what Im gonna wear to bike and run. It is still mostly cold here. If it were warm i would do the whole thing in my swimsuit just to save the time from changing. I would prefer the OWS but it is so early in the season the water here is ice cold. I picked this races just because i want to get a few tris under my belt before i race eagleman my half iron which is the beginning of june.

I got to go out on my tri bike, damon, last night. Had an awesome time. It wasn't a hard ride since it was my 3rd workout of the day. Went with my friend Jeff who also has a p2. We rode 17 miles mostly as a getting used to be in the aerobars etc. kinda ride. i stayed in them the entire time. only had one incident where a woman turned her car right in front of me. I cursed her out. Jeff was rationalizing that she doesn't understand how fast were actually moving on tri bikes. My only issue was i find it harder to drink on the tri bike. It's basically the same as a road bike if i stay out in the bullhorns but i never was really out there to take a drink. Im sure as I become more acclimated to the bike that will resolve itself. with my commute yesterday it was about a 30 mile day.

anytime i do three workouts in a day it tires me out. normally i am up before the alarm, not so today and I didn't even want to get out of bed when it went off but I did and I took damon out again this morning and we did a 2 mile warmup ride to a nice hill were I did 20 rounds of 1 minute hill climbs will staying seated, recovered on the downhill. then a 2 mile cooldown home. It was 10 miles total so I rode about 6 miles on the hill climbs/descents. With commuting about 22 mile day. While I am not trying to log miles on my bike I do sometimes wonder if that is what is seperating me from the better riders. I just haven't spend the kind of time riding that they have.

CF wod - 20 minute AMRAP of

25 burpees

15 back squats @ 65 lbs

5 1/2 rounds completed.

I went light on the weight because i knew i was going to be tired coming off of that many burpees and i really wanted to force myself to go unbroken through this. I didn't want to allow myself to re rack the bar and rest at any point. I never did re rack the bar but i did take a few seconds at the top of the squat while still under load to regroup a bit although I tried not to do it and keep pushing. I got under the bar to start the squats for the 6th round but the 20 minutes was up before i could get a squat in. I kept a consistent pace with the burpees. I wasn't ripping them off as fast as possible because i knew with that many i would actually go faster if i just kept going fast instead of tearing through the beginning ones and then needing a break.

I did the bike wod today instead of swimming because it is supposed to be rainy all day here tomorrow. however if i can get a ride in before the rain starts i will. I also plan on going to get my swimming done tomorrow. Sunday is the 5k. I might take the weekend off from CF and start back with that on monday. Ill see how the weather is tomorrow and how the race goes on sunday before i decide on my workouts. If i do ride tomorrow ill probably do a little brick just to get that feeling under the legs.

meal 1 - vegetable pizza & soysage

meal 3 - tofu, veggies & brown rice, almonds

meal 4 - vega wfo w/coconut water

meal 5 -

my upcoming tri is not an ows. It is a pool swim with an outside bike and run. I have never done one of these before so I don't really know what to expect! Obviously I swim in a pool all the time so i am not concerned about that I am just not sure what Im gonna wear to bike and run.

The first tri I did last year had a pool swim and outdoor bike/run. The pool was kind of a mad house, the lane was pretty crowded which freaked me out a bit as I wasn't used to it.

I planned to swim in my tri top/tri shorts and then just run outside and dry off on the bike, but it ended up SNOWING that day (even though this was in May!). Most folks had ridiculous transition times due to the weather.

lobster - we don't have any salt water pools here. would be nice though. Ill just wait and see what the weather is supposed to be here that day. If its warm Ill just do the whole thing in a swimsuit. It's a sprint so i don't really need bike shorts. If its cold maybe Ill throw on some shorts and/or a jersey.

didn't get to bike today we're having rain/winds storms all day and night. Hope it is cleared up for my 5k tomorrow. but im doing it whatever the weather is! With my luck it will still be stormy. Went to the pool. Did 500 of drills to warmup 100s of switch, catch, drag, shark & hesitate. Then did a 45 minutes TT - was in the middle of the 91st lap when the alarm sounded. I went at least this far. I was having some trouble counting my laps once it got around 60 so it may have been more. THen I did 500 more of drills. 100s of switch, catch, side kick, shark & hesitate. Cooled down with 100 of breaststokre & 100 of backstoke. I love mixing in medley strokes when I get a chance. Usually I swim before work and I don't have the extra time. Ill had to check on my butterfly sometime soon.

meal 2 - clif bars

meal 3 - tempeh, yellow beans, red pepper, carrots & zucchini w/peanut sauce