Top Posters In This Topic

Took a rest day today.

VEGA WFO w/ Coconut Water

Steamed Broccoli - Baba Ganoush

Roasted Butternut Squash & asparagus

Sweet Potato and Butternut Squash Soup

Spouted Grain Bagel

Sun Warrior Coconut water

I was adding flax to my smoothies but I haven't been drinking them lately. Mostly using ice every night to try to bring inflammation down.

Run 5 k - 28:35 - time was slow - ran outside in the dark on a trail with the a friend so we were not pushing the pace as we were trying not to fall over obstacles and each other. Felt good anyway though. Did a little warmup running too but didn't track the time or distance of that

VEGA WFO w/ coconut water

Sun warrior w/coconut water

Cumin Lime Tofu

Roasted Yams

Dark Chocolate

Hummus w/ Steamed Broccoli

thanks mikkei but i was disappointed with myself. I've run sub 20 minutes in the past when I concentrated on running. But low twenties has been in the recent past. So i'm certain next time I do this I will do much better. I think most of it had to do with the fact I wasn't really pushing becuase of the conditions. So next time...

Shoulder is still sore icing it every night. Just got done with rehab.They don't seem to be as concerned about it as I am.

I did a crossfit endurance workout tonight. I want to start working more of these back into my training. I used to do CFE in the morning and mainsite CF in the evening. I stopped doing that post surgery because I'm doing 1.5 - 2 hours of rehab so I was doing three workouts a day and it was rough. So now I am just doing the rehab and then crossfit at night. I've been modifying a lot of the crossfit workouts because I can't do a lot of them with my shoulder so I think I will start doing more endurance WOD's at night. They are always good painful stuff.

Shoulder rehab - 1.5 hours - still sore have ice on again tonight - i'm trying to back off using my right arm a bit during the day to see if it helps. I am wondering if i am just doing too much too soon that it is so sore. Sometimes I'm overly anxious and push it. I have been sore more lately for sure.

CF endurance WOD

warmup - 1o minute jump rope mixing in double unders, Crossovers, single foot jumping, and running with the rope.

5 x 1000 meter intervals on a C2 rower - 90 second recovery between efforts. need to maintain within a 5 second pace on intervals

Time

1 - 4:48

2 - 4:47

3 - 4:44

4 - 4:50

5 - 4:52

cool down - 5 wallwalks - these looked ugly after the intervals.

Banana

Peanuts

VEGA WFO w/Coconut water

Roasted Yams, Butternut Squash, Asparagus

Tempeh Bacon

Dark Chocolate Raisins

Split Pea Soup - carrots, potatoes

2 Sprouted Grain Bagels - totally craving the carbs!

Thanks Lobster - Im hitting up some more rowing tonight. Shoulder is starting to feel better now that I backed off it a bit. I going to give it abnother day today to recover as I have 4 hours of rehab in the next two days that will be rough on it.

@mikkei - timing adds intensity to the works so I can't wait to hear about your race against the clock.

@vlv - yeah there were some hills but mostly it was the dark and tripping over tree trunks and falling in little holes that made it so slow.

Shoulder is finally starting to feel better which is a relief. I think Im just doing to much too soon so now that I backed off for a few days I am getting some better results. it is still not feeling great but much less pain. I will still ice it down tonight.

warmup - jump rope - 5 minutes

On c2 rower - 15 minutes for distance - 3042 meters

10 minute recovery then

20 second on 10 second off for 8 rounds - 781 meters covered - no bad for 3:30 minutes of work.

Banana

Vibrnacy Bar

Roasted Yams & Asparagus

Cumin Lemon Tofu w/ pumpkin seed crust

Brown Rice, Chickpeas, Peas, Tomatoes, Green Beans, carrots

Just wanted to keep you updated on my CF blog. I finally got caught up to posting me food and workouts and while I was getting views I wasn't getting comments. Today I got my first one and it actually said how interesting it to see the variety of my food and that there is good vegan food. Of course we all know that but I like hearing it from a non-vegan. More Rehab and rowing tonight.

@lobster - yeah i was so excited because I was really concerned I was going to get a lot of negative feedback as the crossfit promotes both the ZONE diet and the Paleo diet. And let me tell you those block counting crossfitters are strict and super into it. I decided to do it just to show that it can be done and to provide some education for those who would give me the negative comments. But so far so good, no negatives yet.

Shoulder Rehab - 1.5 hours - my shoulder felt good going in but is sore and tired now. icing it down soon for sure.

Warmup - Jump Rope

C2 rower Damper @5

Time Trials for distance

6 minute TT = 1297 meters

3 minute rest

4 minute TT = 903 meters

2 minute rest

1 minute TT = 261 meters

30 sec rest

30 sec TT = 145 meters

15 sec rest

15 sec TT = 87 meters

5 minute break then

Tabata 20:10 - Squats - and Leg Switch outs on 12 inch box alternating

VEGA WFO w/Coconut Water

Banana

Peanuts

VEGA Vibrnacy Bar

Brown Rice, Chickpeas, Carrots, Tomatoes

Tempeh Fricasse (carrots, green beans, potatoes, onions, tomatoes)

11.13.9 - happy friday the 13th!!

1.5 hours shoulder rehab - now that I have been backing off a bit and only doing my rehab shoulder work my shoulder is feeling better. Still icing it down tonight.

3 x 1 mile repeats - it was a nice sunny 65 degree day which is warm in november for where i live so I took advantage of it by getting some outdoor running done.

CFE WOD

For time:

5 rounds of:

50 meters walking lunges

20 GHD Situps

Time: 14:36

Banana

VEGA WFO & Sun Warrior & coconut water

VEGA Vibrancy Bar

Tempeh Fricasse

Suncake

Tofu, Brown Rice, Broccoli, Carrots, Mushrooms Onions

Jump Rope - 10 minutes - mix of skills

3 x 1 minute of Hollow Rocks w/ 1 minute rest in between alternated w/ 3 x 1 minute of Supermans

C2 Rower 10 x 30cal internals w 10 minutes recovery between each interval d = damper setting

1 2:20 d5

2 2:20 d5

3 2:30 d10

4 2:20 d10

5 2:35 d1

6 2:39 d5

7 2:40 d1

8 2:36 d3

9 2:28 d5

10 2:30 d3

time was a long WOD - i worked on stetches and mobility during rests

Shoulder Rehab - external rotations w/lb DB

ate a lot of fun stuff today, had my dad's birthday party to attend

VEGA WFO W/coconut water

Cumin Lemon Tofu

Baked Potato w/earth balance

Dark Chocolate

Roasted Yams and Ruttabagas

Sauteed Cauliflower

Celebration Roast (seitan)

Snickerdoodle

Tabata 20seconds on 10 seconds off x 8 rounds for each exercise of

Plyometric Pushups on Bar 13 11 12 12 12 11 11 11

Thrusters w/ 25 lb bar 10 10 8 7 8 7 8 8

GHD Situps 10 10 9 11 9 8 9 7

Wallballs - 10 lb ball @ 8 ft target 10 10 7 10 10 11 9 11

Jump Rope 30 44 55 55 57 42 65 65

Jump Squats w/25 lb bar on back 10 10 10 7 8 7 8 7 7 7

First time doing thrusters since shoulder surgery. Shoulder is sore need ice tonight. GHD situps I had to get in and out to write down my numbers so sometimes I would miss the start and get less reps. wallballs were super tough after GHD situps. I did not like the jump rope intervals because if you missed the rope at all you really got off track. it was more like a break. The jump squats it was very hard to maintain good deep squats and get any serious height off the ground. my legs were so spent. This is the first time having my shoulder loaded in external rotation it was very hard for me to keep my grip on the bar that way. this is a flexibility I will have to get back. Once I got the bar up there i needed to keep it there the whole time even during the rests. I had so much sweat burning my eyes. It was a rough one for sure today.

Rested 10 minutes then

c2 rower 2K time trail - 9:54

VEGA WFO w/coconut water

leftover celebration roast, yams, ruttabagas, cauliflower

banana

almonds

cumin lime tofu

lentil soup w/kale

sprouted grain bagel

lunchtime endurance wod

5 minutes jump rope to warmup

6 rounds of C2 rower intervals 1 minute on: 3 minutes off damper @ 5

meters covered

1 252

2 256

3 262

4 266

5 272

6 265

Tabata sqauts & GHD situps - 1 round - not enough time will completed later after work.

Hemp Bagel w/Cashew Butter

Banana

Lentil Soup w/Kale

Granola & Soy Yogurt

Larabar

Teriyaki Tofy & Green Beans

Almonds

yep that is one of my favorite recipes!

CF WODS

"pop"

For time

Row 400 meters

16 GHD situps

Row 350 meters

14 GHD Situps

Row 300 meters

12 GHD Situps

Row 250 meters

10 GHD Situps

Time 8:17

Deadlifts - 2 every minute on the minute for 10 minutes. Did @ 135. Then immediately do 30 box jumps @ 24 inches for time.

This the first time I am deadlifting since the shoulder surgery. These felt light and easy the whole time. Will start to increase. Forgot to start clock on jumps.

Sprouted Grain Bagel w/ earth Balance

VEGA WFO w/ Coconut water

Chickpeas Romesco

Banana

Granola w/ Soy Yogurt

Tempeh Bacon

Veggie pizza

almonds

Jump Rope - 10 minute mix - crossover double unders, single leg, running

c2 rower intervals - damper 10

90 seconds on 90 second off x 6

distance covered each interval

1 - 368

2 - 363

3 - 360

4 - 364

5 - 363

6 - 376

Death by GHD Situps - with a running clock do 5 ghd situps the first minute and add one each minute. got to 23. These were togh I was still sore from doing them yesterday.

Took some time and did used trigger point rollers on my legs and feet to break up some adhesions.

Got my VEGA sport order yesterday. There was a postcard promoting roberts book in it! I can't wait to read it. I didn't try to the vega sport yet. Maybe tomorrow or over the weekend.

Edited by MaryStella