c2 rower - 8,000 meters - 42 minutes

Sprouted Grain Bagel

VEGA WFO w.coconut water

Tofu, Brown Rice, Peas - Thai Red curry

BBQ Seitan

Steamed Broccoli

Chocolate Tofu

Almonds

Lower legs still sore from pose running 2 days ago!

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lower legs finally recovered. I was a little sore getting up this morning but loosened up as the day went on.

Jump Rope barefoot - 10 minute mix

5 bridges - 30 seconds on 30 seconds off

3 rounds of

15 - 135 lb Deadlifts

20 - 24inch box jumps

90 sec rest between rounds

rest 3 minutes

3 rounds of hollow rocks - 1 minute on 10 sec rest

Top of Pushup Plank hold on Fists - 1 minute on 10 sec rest

Felt like I should have gone heavier with the DL. I did the first set unbroken, second set 8,7. Third set 5,5,5/ box jumps all unbroken although they were a challenge after the deadlifts.

pose drills to warmup

1:3 intervals on c2 rower - 1 minute as much distance as possible. 3 minutes recovery

1 - 265

2 - 266

3 - 270

4 - 267

5 - 269

6 - 271

practice surrender w/45lb bar

1 minute surrenders w/25lb bar

Hemp Bagel w/peanut BUtter and agave

VEGA WFO w/coconut water

Grit Tofu

Roasted Yams

Steamed Broccoli & carrots

2 veggie burgers

Butternut Squash Soup

Chocolate Tofu

Hollow Rocks are one of the most difficult ab exercises ever! It seriously hurts like seconds into it . You lie on your back and push your lower back into the ground by engaging your core. there should be no space. so if someone walked up to you and tried to put their hand under you back and the ground there would not be room for them to do it. U want to be as straight as possible stacking all your joints in a line, ankles, knees, hips, shoulder elbows. This is a hollow position or the position a gymnast would use in a handstand. THen you start to rock up and down and try to maintain the hollow position. It is hard to explain I'll try to post a video of it.

Surrenders - you start with a bar or dumbbells locked out overhead then you go straight down on one knee and then bring your others knee down so your kneeling on the ground with the bar overhead. THen you get up on one knee and then stand all the way back up with the bar overhead the entire time. Think of a soldier surrendering with a gun overhead. I know not the nicest image but probably where it got the name I would imagine.

@viva - I normally jump rope in my vibram five fingers which are barefooting shoes. I just don't normally list it that way. It is a good way to build your feet ankles for sure.

Had a super fun team workout today as we held a charity event at our crossfit box. Basically you get a laundry list of tasks to complete and as a team you need to get all of the work done competing against other teams so I can't specially say how much of anything I did but I did a lot of rowing, situps, doulbe unders, overhead lunges, wallballs. Also worked on my pose running/drills some more. and the most exciting part is I finished off with some handstands (did them against a wall for some support because of the shoulder but worked to take my feet away from the wall and be free standing!) First time doing this since the shoulder surgery. Im super pumped about it. not bad considering im coming up on six month post op! I want to work up to walking on my hands and handstand pushups. but this is a start and Im very excited about it! Tomorrow will most likely be a rest day again. I want to finish up some painting and things around my place.

VEGA WFO w/coconut water

Grit Tofu

Chocolate Tofu

tried to post a poc but it is telling me the file is too big is anyone knows how to do this i would love some help as i want to post pics and videos!

Make an account at photobucket.com

Upload the pic to there. Copy the "direct link". And use the "Img" button when you're making your post here, and paste the "direct link" in the middle.

If the file is too big to upload to photobucket you'll need to use a photo-editing program to reduce the physical size of the image. I use photoshop, but you'll usually get basic editing software with your camera.

@chewy - thanks for much for the help> i'll have to try it out later. more complicated than I expected it to be!!

http://www.timesleader.com/news/Faithful_-_and_fit__too_01-17-2010.html

here is a link to an article in a local paper about our charity event yesterday. That's me in the white sports bra with the black shorts with a plate overhead.

now time to get painting!

Tabata rowing 20 on 10 off x 8 - distance - 807 meters

5 x 5 box dips - legs up on box - 25lb plate on legs

tabata 20:10x8

GHD situps

Rest 1 min

Hip Extensions

run 5k - 27:30 on treadmill ith five fingers on. tried to keep Pose - i know i wasnt succesful the whole way. legs sore afterwards. used trigger point on them. hoping i can walk tomorro

vega WFO w/coconut water

Banana

Red Beans and Rice

Cumin Lime Tofu

Coffee almonds

Lentil Soup /Kale

Sprouted Grain Bagel

Vanilla Tofu

7 Rounds For time: Use a pair of Kettle bells (20/25 alternated hands each round)

7 Reps, Overhead push press

7 Reps, Hang Squat Cleans

7 Reps, Lunge steps, bells in rack position - 2 count

7 Reps, Swings - used 1 - 45lb for easier grip

7 Reps, Burpee Dead lifts - used 35 and 45 bells for better stabilty

time 26:02

2 x 1 mile hill repeats - 7% grade on treadmill

1 - 11:32 rest 2 minutes 2 - 11:58

wore my five fingers again, maybe i am getting used to them?

sprouted grain bagel

vega wfo /cw

banana

red beans and rice

coffee almonds

grit tofu

steamed broccoli

kettlebell burpee deadlifts are soooo much fun I hope you try them. What you do is you need a pair of kettlebells (same or close in weight). I would use 1 pood or 35 lbs as they are more stable when you go down for the burpees and you can deadlift a good amount. so basically the bells are on the floor and your in between them. You hold the handle as you jump out to your pushup. You do the pushup with your hands on the handle.then you jump your feet back in between your kettlebells and instead of a vertical jump you just pull the kettlebells off the ground in a deadlift. Then put them back on the ground and repeat. I try not remove my hands from the handles through the whole set as if your clipped into them. I have video footage of my doing them if i ever get a chance to download.

Jump Rope Barefoot 10 min., mixing in variables of DU's, Cross Overs, single foot, running.

5 wheels for 30 second holds, rest 1 min between.

practiced kipping pullups

On the minute for 10minutes

2 Hanging Leg Lifts

4 Strict Pull ups /small blue band

6 Kipping Pull ups w/small blue band

got the work done in about 30 seconds and had 30 seconds to recover. Pullups still a challenge.

wheelbarrow walks from waist to shoulder of my spotter (he is tall i need to find a shorter spotter - just kidding it as good work)

static handstand holds against wall taking feet away as possible

handstand pushup work- elevated pushups from floor to vertical - use a spotter for stability - did in sets of two

Sprouted Grain Bagel

VEGA WFO w/coconut water

banana

tempeh bacon

Roasted Yams & Ruttabagas

Chocolate Tofu

Thai Soup & mixed veggies

Hang Power Snatches - 45lb - worked form

Snatch: 5, 5, 3, 3, 2, 1, 1, 1

3 Rounds of:

Hollow Rock 1min, 30sec rest, Super Mans 1min, 30 sec rest, L-sit drills 1min, Rest 1min before starting next round.

L-sits - used two benches. held legs out in "L" position as long as possible. then tucked them in and continued to hold.

run - 5 min on/5 min off, 4 min on/4 min off, 3 min on/3 min off, 2 min on/2 min off, 1 min on/1 min off - 1.99 miles

Sprouted Grain Bagel

VEGA WFO /coconut ater

Banana

Grit Tofu

Roasted Yams & Ruttabagas

Tempeh Bacon

OJ

Dark Chocolate

Edited by MaryStella

Worked form on Hang Power Cleans for about an hour. Used 45- 65 lbs. Ran 45 minutes - cleared 4.5 miles. starting to work up my distance slowly while working "pose" form and wearing my barefoot shoes. The road race I want to run in march is this distance so it felt good to go that far as I have not really been running in a long time. especially any kind of significant distance.

Sprouted Grain Bagel

VEGA WFO w/ coconut water

Tofu, BRown Rice, broccoli, carrots, onions, mushrooms

Banana

grit tofu

just wasn't hungry today had to force myself to eat all day. unusual for me i normally love to eat.

Good Mornings: 5 x 5 180sec rest between rounds

5x45

5x50

5x55

5x60

5x65

started too light - will start @ 65 next time

Power Snatch: 5 x 3 180sec rest

worked form - so did @25lbs

Rest 10 min

3 rounds of

1 round of the "Bear" Complex - @ 45 1st round, 55 2nd round, 65 3rd round

21 pull ups - used blue band

the bear is the following sequence repeated seven times for 1 round then add weight each round

power clean, front squat,push press(overhead to rack on back), back squat, push press over head to ground to start again

the back squat to the last push press as more of a thruster

100 crunches in 2:05

c2 rower - "the 30s"

3 Rounds, 2 Min total rest between rounds

30sec on 30 off, 30 sec on 25 off, 30 sec on 20 off, 30 sec on 15 off, 30 sec on 10 off 30 sec on 5 off, 30 sec on Rest!

round 1 - 1019 meters

round 2 - 983 meters

round 3 - 981 meters

2,983 meters total

feeling tired today not enough rest this week. Most likely a rest day and more painting tomorrow.