MaryStella's Triathlon training crossfit endurance

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so good to meet another vegan atheist! What I do is i steam broccoli and then I dip it in hummus while I am eating it. Then I just love peanut butter so I eat it out of the jar. Gross I know. But True. Most of the time you see peanut butter listed in my meals I am just eating it out of the jar.

Ah a fellow vegan atheist

I love broccoli so much... I had hummus with baked beans and vegan sausages the other day, sounds gross but surprisingly yummy!

@lobster - yeah crit is pretty much the def of controlled chaos. Hopefully it will improve my bike skills. First race is april 3rd but it is a Team Time Trial/Road Race not a crit.

@jb - actually sounds good to me! not gross at all!

Started the day with my CF Wod so that I could run outside when it was light out and warmer.

CF wod - "helen"

3 rounds for time

Run 400 meters

21 Kettlebells Swings @ 35 lbs

12 Pullups

Time 12:27 PR - 4 seconds faster than last time! Had to sub rowing for running. Went unbroken on the first 2 sets of swings. Grip was falling but the end of the 3rd round. Did all pullups as singles.

4.5 mile - my pace is still slow. I really hope it improves soon as i can't seem myself road racing with the pace im running. Im concerned about it but I'm trying to be reasonable about it too.

meal 1 - tofu, red onion, yellow peppers, daiya, peanut butter

meal 2 - vega wfo w/coconut water

meal 3 - cumin lime tofu & roasted yellow beans, clif builder bar, mac nuts

More speedplay issues. Can;t get them to fit correctly on my new tri shoes so I can't actually clip in. My shop is talking to speed play about it. waiting to see how it turns out. Got to bring Stefan home last night. He's been boarding at the bike shop for a few weeks. He looks super sexy with his new blue tape.

@robb - I depends on the workout as to what is easier. I normally prefer running just because i like to run i think it is a more natural movement than rowing . more often running might give your upper body a slight break from the wod compared to rowing. rowing is mostly a lower body drive but it still involved the uppset body and the grip. I like running because it drops the grip out and lets that recover a bit. So i always would run instead of row if you have the option. all of that being said neither is really "easier" if you hitting it hard. you know what i mean.

swim - 500 of drills to warmup, switch, catch, drag, shark & hesitate in 100s. Then 30 minute TT - completed 63 full laps on the 64 lap when the alarm sounded. If I counted my laps correctly which is always tough for me. I settled into an easy to maintain pace and I am a little disappointed with how this wod went. I wasn't swimming hard enough. I didnt feel like i suffered enough when it was over. I need to push myself harder over these longer efforts.

cf wod - deadlifts - did 5 lb increments from 95 lbs to 210. on 210 I started to notice my foot and it was getting harder to lift so i stopped there for the day. Even though it is 20 lb under my previous max.

Felt like doing some KB swings so went 35 x 5 , 44 x 5,5,5, 53 x 5, 5, 5

meal 1 - vega wfo w/coconut water

meal 2 - tempeh bacon, mac nuts

meal 3 - clif builder bar, mac nuts

meal 4 - tofu, chickpeas romesco

@lobster - they make lap counter you can put on your hand but i am just not into that. I figure my lap counting can't be off enough that is majorly affects my workouts of fitness as a result. I pretty sure i can count the amount of laps I need to do when in open water anyway!

@jb - thanks! I am always hungry! can you tell! actually i like to cook but not as much as i like to eat! lol!

meal 5 - mexi mix - beef -"gimme lean", red pepper, red beans, onions, arugula, daiya

Got to actually use my new carbon fiber tri shoes with my new speedplay zero stainless pedals. They are a little harder to clip into than my looks but I think I just need to get used to them. I had class this morning which a lot of red-lining make efforts with recovery spinning. We were doing 20 second sprints with 20 seconds of recovery riding. did a simulated hill climb and a high cadence 5 minute. Had to get my bike adjusted today because my bike tire was hitting the frame. I'm going to do more stand alone cycling races this year. I'll be riding as a member of Upstate Velo. I need to get a USA cycling license. 1st race is in a month it is a Team Time Trials- of 5 miles with 5 riders/team. Then 25 mi Points Race, controlled 1st 1/2 allowing regrouping between sprints.I'm not a great rider so hopefully this will make me better. It's a great year to do it too because I doubt I'll be doing a lot of road running races ( especially early season ones) because of the situation with my foot. I definitely want to improve my cycling and I think it will really help my tri times since the bike is a big split of the iron distance races. Basically there are a bunch of crits as well as some longer road races and time trials.

Ive been reading "born to run" lately and it is a great book. I am really enjoying it. Did a 5 mile run today with my husband. It went ok. I am still slow!!!!!!! It was windy the whole time which didn't help my speed.

meal 1 - peanut butter, grit tofu, broccoli, yams

meal 2 -vega wfo w/coconut water

meal 3 seitan, brown rice, chickpeas, butternut squash, yellow beans, red peppers, carrots,

yogurt blueberries, ground flax seed

cf wod - 20 back squats @ 95 lbs, 40 toes through rings, 6- kettlebell swings @ 35lbs - time 10:12

this was a grip crusher from rings to KB! I warmed up with pushups pullups & air squat. Then did Kb swing @ 35x5, 44x5, 53 x 5, 53 x 3. Also worked on my back squats a bit trying to pick a weight for the wod. went 45x10, 65 x 10, 85x5, 95x5, 105x3. Almost feels weird being under a bar again it has been so long.

Bike Tabata wod - 16 rounds of 20 on 10 off. distance = 1.96 avg speed 15.1. was on the trainer. did warmup 3 miles and cooldown 2 miles.

meal 2 - edamame pesto W/spinach brown rice linguine, roasted asparagus, peanut butter

meal 3 - black bean burgers, roasted yams & broccoli, peanut butter

It was sorta the recipe from AFR. I altered the amount of fat it calls for. Your supposed to use Veg Stock to Thin it instead of olive oil but I dont watch how much fat i eat (all of the nuts etc. you see on my log) so I used Olive oil. It was very good. Although It doesn't have the smoothness of a regular pesto. What I like about it is all of the protein that using soybeans adds! Im sure it is very good her way too. I recommend trying it out. my legs are feeling the squats today!

did a heart rate test on my bike this morning. Since i am not able to really go after it running right now. Did a 20 minute warmup and then took the test for 30 minutes. avg hr was 131 max was 159. Both are too low in my opinion and i want to do it outside. It was hard to really go after it for 30 minutes straight on a trainer. especially since my legs were already sore for yesterday's Cf wod and tababa bike. 6.89 distance in 30 minute and avg speed of 13.6. I finished well but I don't think I went hard enough in the beginning. did a 10 minute cooldown.

cf wod - 6 rounds of 100 ft walking lunges, 6 GHD situps, 6 pushups. time 10.05. This wod hurt my already sore legs. But it was good wod for today. I hurt my thumb somehow yesterday and i don't really have gripping ability. its better today than it was yesterday so i hope it isn't anything serious.

meal 1 - 2 slices hemp bread with chocolate peanut butter

meal 2 - granola with soy milk

meal 3 - edamame pesto, spinch brown rice linguine, black bean burger, mac nuts

swim - mostly a recovery workout - all drills today 2 sets of my normal 500 of switch, catch, drag, shark, hesitate (100s) then I did 2 sets of kicking drills, 100s of side kicking, switching sides every 25. 100s of streamline kicking, then I did 100s of paddles with pull buoy, 100 head lead, 100s of paddles with fins.

Then did my run today because of weather reasons for the rest of the week. ran 5.5 miles. Went a little faster this time at 53.24. I was feeling my heel a bit but the major issue was my left leg went numb. I've had issues with that before. It's feeling pretty tight now. Not sure what's going on with it.

meal 2 - soy yogurt, strawberries, blueberries, ground flax, vega wfo

meal 3 - black bean & yam tacos, guacamole

the pain/tightness in my left leg went away but my heel is still sore today. Swim - 5 x 100 drills to warmup, switch, catch, shark, hesitate, 1 leg side kicking alternate every 25. then 2 x 800 on 1 minute rest. 1st - 14:40 2nd 14:30. Felt pretty good on these.

CF wod - AMRAP 12 minutes of

5 Deadlifts @ 175

7 GHD situps

9 full rounds and 4 deadlifts in the 10th round.

The deads were feeling heavy by round 2!

Got my CFE cycling gear today. Gonna ride in it tomorrow. BUt so far I am liking it.

meal 2 = soy yougurt, strawberries, blueberries, ground flax, vega wfo, mac nuts

meal 3 - clif builder bar

meal 4 - tempeh, peas. broccoli, mac nuts

meal 5 - tofu, daiya, corn tortilla, peanut butter

@jb - CFE gear is the kind of training I do. Crossfit Endurance. So far I have only raced my bike in a triathlon but this year I am going to ride for a team and do time trials, crits, road races.

bike - 3 mile warmup. then 10 rounds of 45 seconds on 15 seconds off. distance = 2.15 avg speed 14.5 max 20.3 avg HR 148 max HR 157. 1 mile cooldown.

CF wod - 3 rounds of 20 front squats @65, 10 Ring Pushups.

time 5.02

warmup weights - just some extra squatting to get back into it

front squats

45x5

65x5

85x5

95x5

100x5

105x5

Went with 65 for the wod wasn't sure what to pick because it is a lot of squats without a breaks so i went light. Decided to do the pushups on the rings just to make them harder since there was only 30 of them.

meal 1 - granola & soymilk

meal 3 - tempeh, peas. broccoli, mac nuts

meal 4 - clif builder bar

meal 5 -

105x5

I'm going to do more stand alone cycling races this year. I'll be riding as a member of Upstate Velo. I need to get a USA cycling license.

Right on-Cycling of any type is a great sport in my opinion. I did a few hill climb races in HS way back when and had a blast. Tuffest riding I ever did. Keep us posted!

Apologies for my ignorance

Heard the term Crossfit thousands of times but never thought about what it is...

To be honest It sounds like something I might like doing, I enjoy biking, swimming and running, something to ponder in the future!

Outfit looks good!

You need a license to cycle in USA?

@GL - hill climbing is tough stuff for sure!

@jb - You need a license to ride in sanctioned events. so road races, crits, time trials, with a team etc. If you just wanted to ride recreationally you don't need a license. it is so you can be ranked by points and also an insurance thing. You can just get a license for the each event your going to do seperately but if your gonna race a lot it is cheaper to just buy a license for the year. In regards to crossfit check out www.crossfitendurance.com and www.crossfit. com and if your interested I can set you up with some workouts. I am a crossfit and crossfit endurance trainer.

swim - 500 of drills. 100s of switch, catch, drag, shark, heistate. Then 35 minute time trial - 74 laps covered. (if i counted correctly) wanted to get 80! I need to go harder on these longer efforts and not settle in so much.

cf wod

5 rounds of

9 kettlebell swings @ 44lbs

9 GHD situps

7 kettlebell swings @ 44lbs

7 GHD situps

5 Kettlebells swings @ 44lbs

5 GHD situps

time 11:18. All swings were american. I have to say this was on my my most favorite wods. I went unbroken on everything. Probably because i love KB swings and GHDs!

meal 2 - soy yogurt, ground flax seed, strawberries, blueberries, vega wfo

meal 3 - tempeh & black eye peas balls parmigiana

meal 4 -

if your interested I can set you up with some workouts. I am a crossfit and crossfit endurance trainer.

That would be great, to be honest I want to lose break up my usual routine to relieve boredom and also keep bodyfat levels down.

I'm thinking every 4/6weeks taking a week break from my usual routine and doing a week of crossfit?

@jb - kinda busy today but will get you set up soon!

warmup spin, then several 30 -45 seconds intervals of 1 leggers with recovery spins in between. 3 x 3 minutes on - 3 minutes off. On - all out effort - off - recovery spin. Then had to put our bikes in the hardest gear available and do all out sprints starting with 10 seconds and increasing up and back down to 10 seconds. recovery spins in between. 5 minutes riding at 110 cadence. cooldown spin.

Covered almost 13 miles. Most of these workouts are very similar to crossfit workouts the exception between for CF rest is actual rest and compared to recovery spinning. got to see some speed numbers up in the 20s range. maxed at 25mph. not too bad for being on the trainer.

Run 6 miles -

meal 1 - granola & soymilk (small before class)

meal 3 - 2 slices hemp bread w/peanut butter & gardein "chik,n"

meal 4 -

meal 5 -