vegan website

zinzen

In this country, there is a brochure booklet type thing called compassionate shopping, or something like that, and it tells you about most of the big companies and animal testing etc. I don't know if there is a similar thing elsewhere. I don't know of a website

Damn it man I aint an english bastard, thanks anyways though, I know there is a website that someone compiled all the chemicals used in most foods and said if it came from animals or not, or both, but I dont know what the link is, I think my wife might so I will post it for the hell of it, but its not what I need right now.

I answered my own question, and I want to make sure others have this info, it is very important and I wish a direct link could be made to this site.

http://www.geari.org/vegan-products-conventional-grocery-stores.html

this is the first, then through links you will find

http://www.caringconsumer.com/pdfs/companiesDoTest.pdf

Please read and share, thanks,

Tom

Lists are always handy, but I'd always do a bit of extra verification with them just because there are almost always exceptions to ingredient rules (for example, there actually is a vegan vitamin D3 derived from rye, but is rarely used, and pretty well EVERY list you'll find says that D3 can't be vegan), so even the better lists usually have a few inaccuracies or outdated info. But, ones like the Veganpeace.com list are among the better I've seen, with very few discrepancies on it that I'd say aren't 100% accurate.

Beware more on some of the cruelty-free company lists, though. I've seen a handful that were really poorly managed in that they

A) had companies that were pretty suspect about their testing policies who were listed as "cruelty-free"

B) didn't mention dozens of companies that SHOULD have been included who met and exceeded their criteria for listing

So, while the lists are generally decent, there's always a bit of room for improvement in every one I've seen, as they're usually a bit hastily put together by non-profit organizations that don't have adequate time and resources to be as thorough as they could be.

But, at least the lists you've mentioned are some of the better ones out there. I've come across some obscure sites over the years that had so many mistakes on accuracy, I'd been left wondering if the authors even knew what it meant to be vegan at all.

do they sell the vitamin d3 made from rye? i would like to find a vegan source

Unfortunately, I've only come across it as an ingredient in products, not as a supplement on its own. Everyone seems to only want to make D2 vegan supplements, even though there is a D3 option available. Apparently the cost is a bit prohibitive, so that's why everyone seems to only use the D2 in their formulas for human-grade supplements (though, some vegan animal foods contain the vegan D3, which is a bit unusual.)