Today I start my half-marathon training.

FraggleStick Car

I am a pretty avid runner as I try to hit the pavement 4 to 5 days per week. I generally stick to low mileage, running at least 2 miles and topping off around 5 miles in distance - pretty high intensity.

This year, with the help of my Nike iPod+ doo dad I clocked about 415 miles for 2008. I burned a lot of fat, gained confidence and increased my stamina. Now, I want to up the ante.

Today I start training for a half marathon. I am consciously increasing my mileage until I can rock the 13.1 distance. wish me luck and if you have any advice - I am all ears.

-Jordan

Set back!

I went running last week and set out for a solid 8 miles. Bitch of it was my lungs, felt good, stamina was high, legs were good.

All of a sudden, my foot just went to poopers. I had a really bad pain on the arch and all along the right side of my foot. I had to either run through it and potentially put myself under or stop for the day. I decided to call it at 4 miles and have spent the last week healing.

Good call though as I should be moving again by week's end.

Aw, man, halves are the best!! Just wanted to pop in to say have fun and good luck with your training. I don't know what your farthest distance has ever been recently, but in my experience once you reach a certain distance it's so much easier to tack on another 2-3 miles (maybe not at the pace you did the first several, but...). I "trained" for a full marathon and swapped out my shoes like a moron, got ridiculous blisters and had to stop running for a good deal of time. I was only able to make it to the training week where 17 miles was my long run. Race day came and I managed to pump out the other 9 miles. Don't ask me how...