Bottled Water

Dr. Pink

Before you all go super hippie on me and go on about the dangers of plastic bottles please note. I agree. Though sometimes when you really have no other choice, which brand is the best? What do you all drink when the option to filter and bottle yourself is not readily available( For example, on the road/road trip, on vacation, staying with a friend.

It is said that a lot of natural waters have salts & minerals essential to our health in trace quantities. In which case Distilled water might not be the best.

On the other hand, if you are using other water sources as well for cooking, drinking at home etc. then you might be covered.

I'm heading down to stay with a few friends for three days. And possibly move in with one of them. Eventually moving into my own place when I find a job. During the time I'm living with them I won't be doing any cooking or eating at home. I'll be roughing it. Eating as I go. I figured it would be easier for me to do that then to stress about getting up early and cooking/preparing my food or going nuts in front of one of my friends if they were to step into the kitchen. So things like Bananas, Silk Soymilk, Organic Juice, Bottled Water( Ya know. Things that I feel comfortable consuming that doesn't need to be washed or cooked as it is/should be made in a pristine environment ) will be my diet. I'd just walk to a store, buy the item, and eat it as I go.

Which is basically the main point of this thread. To gather information on exactly what brands of water you fellow Vegans feel comfortable consuming.

Anyone knows of the process behind the filtration of some of the bottle water companies? I admit, I haven't had Aquafina in a long time. Because a part of there process made me a bit weary( The part where it says they use a carbon/Charcoal-type filter ) and for some reason this makes me think of animal bones. If I am of course wrong I'll start drinking there water again. It's delicious . Is there even a such thing as Non-Vegan bottles water? :/

P.S. The only water I'd probably stay away from is Dasani. I've heard they add trace amounts of sodium to make you more thirsty hence you drink more.

You will find no shortage of articles from credible sources on the internet describing how bottled water often isn't any different from tap water unless your city has a problem. It is fairly affordable to get your water tested, either by free from your municipality or for a fee. It is worth it, bottled water is more expensive per gallon than gasoline.

I keep an empty steel bottle in my car for when I don't want to buy a drink or throw away a cup for water.

It is said that a lot of natural waters have salts & minerals essential to our health in trace quantities. In which case Distilled water might not be the best.

On the other hand, if you are using other water sources as well for cooking, drinking at home etc. then you might be covered.

Trace quantities is the key phrase here. You get your needed salts and minerals in the foods you eat, not the water you drink.