Kickboxing Vegan

MaryStella

Hi everyone!

I am new to this. I have been a vegan for three years. Was also vegetarian in the past. I am training in full contact kickboxing to compete. Previous martial arts training but not full contact. I also study Jeet Kune Do. Coming on here for some support. Had it out with my trainer recently because he was giving me a hard time about being vegan. mostly out of his own ignorance and concern for me. I've set the record straight with him (or so I think, at least for now anyway) and he is more understanding. Basically I will find a new trainer if he isn't. Anyway, just want to see what everyone else is going and make sure i am doing it right. All my best! I've also posted some of my training jounral under that section if anyone wants to comment on that.

MaryStella

ps How do you get this avatar picture thing to work? HELP!

Hi, welcome to the site. Maybe you can show your trainer the profiles section on this website, so he can see there is no problem being vegan.

Regarding the avatar picture, if you get really stuck, send me a message and I can arrange it for you

Thanks for the welcoming. I'm gonna work on getting my pic up later today. its so funny about the trainer because when i first started with him he didn't know I was vegan and he used to tell me how i am the best conditioned athlete he has, he fast i recover, he long I can train without fatiguing etc. then when he learned of my vegan status it was a complete change in his perception of reality. after the discussion we had i don't think he would bring it up again because he knows i'll walk.