In a Life or Death situation...

RobertSupreme

Would you eat Meat if locked in a room for 2 months and that's all there was available?  

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, itd be a tough choice though. i feel bad for a lot of the people in this country who are in prison, vegan or not, they shouldnt be subjected to the garbage theyre fed. im obviously reffering to the nonviolent offenders, drug addicts etc.

excellent thread btw, got me thinking!

I voted yes.

But lets change the perameters.

What if your plane crashed on the south pole, & you were caught out in the wild, with no immediate rescue date, & all that was around you was snow & penguins.

Would you kill & eat the penguins or face a frosty death?

I voted yes.

But lets change the perameters.

What if your plane crashed on the south pole, & you were caught out in the wild, with no immediate rescue date, & all that was around you was snow & penguins.

Would you kill & eat the penguins or face a frosty death?

If I actually had to kill the penguins, I imagine I couldn't bring myself to do it. Probably kill myself or just starve

Its a tough one isn't it.I must admit, killing any animal, especially a stupidly cute one like a penguin would be near impossible for me.But when starvation takes hold & our life is threatened, do we change!?

Awaken, your comments about karma I find interesting for the following reason:

Those of us who believe in it, would say that killing animals creates bad karma on ourselves & society.The Dalai Llama speaks about this in his autobiography.

Considering we have a choice to eat just plants, we should not be eating meat.

But what about Lions? Bears? Sharks? Are those animals building up bad karma, or are animals exempt from it?

I should say that I am not 100% for, or against the theory of karma.I think on some level that it is totally true, but then I look at all the bad people in the world living healthy happy lives on their $10,000,000 yachts, & I am sure it is a load of rubbish.

If karma existed, & people who did good things got good luck, while those doing bad things were punished then wouldnt we be living in a world that is automatically kept in line by this mysterious magical karma? Overall justice would prevail & injustice would be defeated.Unfortunately the last time I saw this happen was in Marvel Comic books & films.

Its a tough one isn't it.I must admit, killing any animal, especially a stupidly cute one like a penguin would be near impossible for me.But when starvation takes hold & our life is threatened, do we change!?

Awaken, your comments about karma I find interesting for the following reason:

Those of us who believe in it, would say that killing animals creates bad karma on ourselves & society.The Dalai Llama speaks about this in his autobiography.

Considering we have a choice to eat just plants, we should not be eating meat.

But what about Lions? Bears? Sharks? Are those animals building up bad karma, or are animals exempt from it?

I should say that I am not 100% for, or against the theory of karma.I think on some level that it is totally true, but then I look at all the bad people in the world living healthy happy lives on their $10,000,000 yachts, & I am sure it is a load of rubbish.

If karma existed, & people who did good things got good luck, while those doing bad things were punished then wouldnt we be living in a world that is automatically kept in line by this mysterious magical karma? Overall justice would prevail & injustice would be defeated.Unfortunately the last time I saw this happen was in Marvel Comic books & films.

i dont really believe in karma per se, although im certainly aware of the fact that all actions and thoughts come with reactions. i dont believe that the horrible people in this world will get what theyve got coming, and i dont believe the most loving human beings will be rewarded when they die.

i actually am of the opinion that death is an illusion, like this reality in which we live, and we are all ONE. not just people, but everything, everyone, every tangible aspect of matter and consciousness, all part of an infinite array of awareness. i dont fear death like i used to, because i came to the realization that death isnt real. time isnt real. this wavelength of visible light, reality, that we're all living in is a ridiculously small fraction of whats really there.

that said, i believe that you get what you give in this life. what you put out, you sync up with and draw toward you. its not a karmic punishment or reward, its just a reflection. and a lot of it is subconscious.

anyway, if you havent heard of davd icke check him out, hes a really smart guy who talks a lot about that kind of stuff.

Interesting stuff, I also believe everything is one. Before it was thought that the Universe consisted of two things only; Energy and Matter. Recent quantum physics studies to my memory suggest or support the notion that Matter is just Energy also, zoom into particles and you get the subatomic particles, well I think they studied them closer and found nothing except measurements of frequency in other words; Energy.

If this is right then the whole idea of us being seperate is an illusion. If the whole world was Blue then we wouldn't even know it, we wouldn't call it blue because how would we know what blue is without something to compare it to? Without differentiation? So if everything is just Energy how the hell can we not be interconnected vibrationally to every single other 'thing' 'in the Universe?' (We ARE PART OF the Universe but you know what I mean lol)

Death is also unimportant to me. It annoys me how the global mindset is to cover it up and treat death like a terrible thing. The Horror(!!!!) Death is not the end imo because energy cannot be destroyed, so upon death 'our energy' must simply transmute into the surroundings at our time of death...the ground, the animals etc.

If anyone here has read Way of the Peaceful Warrior or Eckhart Tolle you will know what I'm talking about

...More thoughts to be posted soon (I love VBBF, I can come here and discuss stuff like this that my peers would laugh at and then go get drunk) but I have to go to the shop for my folks.

Edited by RobertSupreme

Interesting stuff, I also believe everything is one. Before it was thought that the Universe consisted of two things only; Energy and Matter. Recent studies to my memory suggest or support the notion that Matter is just Energy also, zoom into particles and you get the subatomic particles, well I think they studied them closer and found nothing except measurements of frequency in other words; Energy.

If this is right then the whole idea of us being seperate is an illusion. If the whole world was Blue then we wouldn't even know it, we wouldn't call it blue because how would we know what blue is without something to compare it to? Without differentiation? So if everything is just Energy how the hell can we not be interconnected vibrationally to every single other 'thing' in the Universe?

Death is also unimportant to me. It annoys me how the global mindset is to cover it up and treat death like a terrible thing. The Horror(!!!!) Death is not the end because energy cannot be destroyed, so upon death 'our energy' must simply transmute into the surroundings at our time of death...the ground, the animals etc.

If anyone here has read Way of the Peaceful Warrior or Eckhart Tolle you will know what I'm talking about

...More thoughts to be posted soon (I love VBBF, I can come here and discuss stuff like this that my peers would laugh at and then go get drunk) but I have to go to the shop for my folks.

i think you and i are definitley on the same page.

i will check it out!

... (I love VBBF, I can come here and discuss stuff like this that my peers would laugh at and then go get drunk) ...

i know the feeling!