Questions about Losing Weight

If you do it properly you will only feel slightly hungry and then not far away from meal times. If you feel strongly hungry all of the time you are cutting back on your food too much. Ideally, you don't want to lose more than 1 - 2 lbs a week.

I lost about 48 lbs about a year ago. I recorded what I did and my experiences on my blog. You might find it helpful:

http://beforewisdom.com/blog/?p=255

I have done all kinds of weight loss diets over the years. It seemed I was always a few pounds more than I wanted( at least). I found that if I lose too fast I put it back on. Not enough time to form new eating habits. As soon as the weight loss diet was over I would gradually get into what put the weight on me. So my weight would fluctuate.

What did help me is eating more raw foods full of fiber. Eating less starchy foods. Limit those and add more raw veggies salads and fruits to snack on if I am hungry.

I gained some fat this year while in nursing school. I need recipes for good healthy comfort foods that won't put pounds on me. I eat about 75% raw.

If you do it properly you will only feel slightly hungry and then not far away from meal times. If you feel strongly hungry all of the time you are cutting back on your food too much. Ideally, you don't want to lose more than 1 - 2 lbs a week.

I lost about 48 lbs about a year ago. I recorded what I did and my experiences on my blog. You might find it helpful:

http://beforewisdom.com/blog/?p=255

This page from the Hacker Diet answered my question perfectly (maybe I'll even read the whole thing).

Thank you so much =)

Both of those moves reduce calories ( energy in ) which contribute to weight loss. The effectiveness of those choices may have nothing to do with the high fiber ( make you feel full on fewer calories ) food being raw or the sweetners being unrefined. Sweeteners, like oils, are concentrated sources of calories. Cutting out a sweetener will get calories out of your diet.

The Hackers Diet is a pretty cool book. The main thing is John Walker gives formulas for calculating calorie intake and weight loss/gain trends based on daily weigh-ins. You can even keep track of your weight on his website, so you don't have to do anything to calculate your moving average, just type in your weight everyday. Calories in and calories out, look at longer term trends to fluctuations caused by water weight.

(I first read the book only because he wrote AutoCAD and I work in a machine shop, so I felt like I owed it to him to read his book.)

I'm getting great results using Dr. Furhman's Eat to Live guidelines, which are pretty much identity to Brenden Braziers. The best part is......NO HUNGER, and NO PORTION managing. Granted, it took about 8 weeks of consistently working out and almost perfect Eat to Live guidelines (the holidays were not in alignment with that, for at least a week, but even with holiday eating, it still worked) but now I'm seeing SERIOUS fat loss. I work out 5-6 days a week and eat this way.

The thing about it is that its very high nutrient content. Only one serving of grain/ day, but unlimited beans, greens, fruit and some raw nuts and seeds. Its amazing. I have NO cravings, tons of energy and after the first couple of months (which were frustrating to wait for results through) the fat is literally falling off me, daily. Its wild to wake up and every morning I'm leaner. Plus, remember the most important factor with this diet, at least to me, lol:

NO HUNGER and NO PORTION CONTROL. and it STILL works better than any other "diet" I've ever tried. Not to mention, heals all illness, prevents all illness and reverses cellular aging. Its truly a miracle. I'll post photos soon, I'm almost to my goal size, then you guys will see-its really something! Blessings!