Vegan Vacation IV - July 16-26, 2009 Los Angeles, CA

robert

Hey everyone,

I will share more information soon and update this initial post, but I wanted to share with you the dates for our Vegan Vacation IV!!! July 16-26, 2009 in Los Angeles, California.

I know this whole time I've been talking about August, but the Animal Rights Conference just announced their dates as July 16-20, 2009 and we're piggy backing that event to have 800 vegans at a very fun and fulfilling event, all staying together at the same hotel, rather than just 20-30 of us. We'll still do our full week of Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness members hanging out at a beach house in Southern California immediately following the Animal Rights Conference. We'll likely recruit a dozen or more local vegans to chill with us at our party house as well

Hotel rooms at the Hilton where we'll stay for the AR Conference are $95 a night, and you can also save $80 on registration by registering early (highly recommended, I've done it) on http://www.arconference.org - We can fit 2-4 in each room based on how we divide things up and make it very affordable.

Then we'll spend a week at a beach house in So Cal and hang out on Muscle Beach, Gold's Gym Venice, Hollywood, etc.

Some trips to San Diego, Mexico and Las Vegas have been suggested so bring your passport, you never know where we'll end up!

We'll start getting people to register on the AR Conference website ASAP and we'll start taking deposits for the beach house very soon too.

Hope to see you this summer! This will be the biggest and best (and warmest) Vegan Vacation ever!

-Robert

P.S. as promised, there will be opportunities to work at the Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness booth to earn $16 an hour to help recoup some costs. There will likely be a Vega booth for some of you to work at as well. We'll all take turns working the VB&F booth so everyone who wants to gets a chance to earn a bit of money selling our clothing, DVDs, passing out info, answering questions, talking with people, etc.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to hear that....let me know if things change. I just found out about these dates a few days ago and I'm still confident that combining our event with AR Conference is the best way to go, for many reasons.

It's too much work to organize it alone so I'm joining with AR Conference this year, which I'm confident will enhance the experience tenfold. It's a great time with so many hundreds of vegan people all hanging out in the same hotel for 3 or 4 days.

I hope the dates workout for many of you. Please reply if you plan on attending and we'll help you make arrangements that will be most cost effective.

I wanna go...um maybe not for all 10 days though just the last couple in Southern Cali is that cool?

Yes me too at this point.

I know it's still early yet, but questions like if we show up one day how can we get in touch, and what would be options available for us, as far as last minute place to stay, and such.

Sure, you can stay any length you want. We used to have it just for 6 days or for a week, but we've had people come from other countries and from other sides of the country who wanted to stay longer and last year some people stayed as long as two weeks.

So what we'll do is have 4 days at the Animal Rights Conference (highly recommended, super fun, etc.) and then 6 days on our own as a Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness community at a beach house in So. Cal. Even then, people can leave after a day or two or three, no problem, but we'll hold space for a week for those who do stay the duration...and I personally will likely be up for trips to San Diego, Vegas or Mexico during or after the V.V. and hope that others will join me.

• 2 weeks later...

There are always things going on in Portland so you could come down anytime to hang out with a bunch of us, other than during V.V. time when we're in L.A.

I had a big group staying with me over New Years from 3 different countries....so there is always stuff going on, a bunch of us here and more members joining and more people moving to Portland so it's always a happening place

Look forward to seeing you over the summer!

More L.A. plans to come later.........

for now, check out www.arconference.org

That is the event we're joining for 4 of the days. There should be around 800 of us

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone planning on coming?

We're getting more and more So Cal members joining and we'll have 800 or so vegans at the AR Conference, which I'm greatly looking forward to.

I'll be there even if it is just a handful of forum members and the local forum members, but I imagine as we get closer to it, many more will get involved.

Any thoughts on this event?

We're getting more and more So Cal members joining and we'll have 800 or so vegans at the AR Conference, which I'm greatly looking forward to.

I'll be there even if it is just a handful of forum members and the local forum members, but I imagine as we get closer to it, many more will get involved.

I'm gonna try and make it. I won't know until about June, when about a dozen different things in my life will converge, and hopefully for the best!

A fun group activity from last year.

L.A. should provide infinite opportunities for great fun! Even if we just hang out at Muscle Beach all day, taking breaks to play some basketball, surf, and then back to Muscle Beach...it will still be cool

http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/104/l_3c4d39abfc9ba4818cbc9c42df3bd4d7.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I've been invited to speak again at the AR Conference which is coinciding with our Vegan Vacation this year (900 vegans rather than 25) but we'll still have our week in Venice to kicked it at Gold's and Muscle Beach.

A bunch of us will be there for the conference anyway, so we'll have a good solid group just at the hotel for 4 days but hope many of you come out to stay in L.A. with us for another week too.

RC

I'm hoping to make it to Venice, just before my 50th birthday, and my 1 year anniversary of lifting again.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I have never been to the US. Should take the chance. But there are two things why I have doubts at this moment. First the bad economical situation here (expenisive flight costs) and second my English sucks

What do you think will be the costs during the vacation (hotel, activities, food, etc.)?

I'll think about it anyway.