Always Hungry on Raw 811

It isn't worth my time to teach you critical thinking skills or the scientific method.

1. Define a question that doesn't need to be asked.

2. Assume your personal experience constitutes sufficient background research.

3. Form an absurd hypothesis

4. Perform experimentation and data collection (NB: This step is optional.)

5. Analyze data or assume you already know the answers.

6. Draw conclusions based on what you already believe.

7. Publish results for peer review. (NB: This step is optional.)

8. Retest. (NB: DO NOT RETEST.)

This REALLY made my week! Brilliant!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG, a clever and sarcastic retort on the internet. I guess that means "you won" and facts in the world away from your keyboard and your corner of experience don't exist. I feel humbled.

I'm not even sure who you're talking to. Do you think my post was directed at you? It wasn't. It was for IYM and ... certain others.

Pressed the wrong link/button. Good post.

There is a difference between ignore and do not agree. Here's a medical fact, or even better, a fact: durianrider and others are fine on this diet.

It isn't worth my time to teach you critical thinking skills or the scientific method. I encourage you to get the benefits of pursuing those subjects on your own.

ahah, that's because you believe in some superiority from the human perspective and scientific method over the method of life, nature and universe. Based on what science said - or more precisely, the science you chose to devote yourself to - the people who thrive on the 811 diet would be proofs of some supernatural and magic phenomenons ?

Like Dr. Shelton said,

I am not "scientific" and in the present state of " science" I would be a fool if I were. I'd rather be right than to be " scientific".

That is because you haven't read what has been discovered by hundreds of years of science and believe in a modern superstition.

Most of a human bodies internals are made for detox. All you need to do is to drink more water and stop stuffing crap into it. Herbs and superstitious fad diets aren't required.

That is because you haven't read what has been discovered by hundreds of years of science and believe in a modern superstition.

Most of a human bodies internals are made for detox. All you need to do is to drink more water and stop stuffing crap into it. Herbs and superstitious fad diets aren't required.

I know that the human body has the ability to detox and heal itself, that's why fasting is good, but drinking 50 gallons of water per day ain't gonna help, and "stop stuffing crap" equals to eating fruits. With what do you want to detox, some spaghettis, or maybe, as the scientific you are, some lithium injections and some x-rays ?

I know that the human body has the ability to detox and heal itself, that's why fasting is good, but drinking 50 gallons of water per day ain't gonna help, and "stop stuffing crap" equals to eating fruits. With what do you want to detox, some spaghettis, or maybe, as the scientific you are, some lithium injections and some x-rays ?

I agree, human body can detox and heal itself, but if you are still putting the garbage in it, it's never going to really end

I went for a bloodtest, and everything was ok, I can prove it if you want because I have scanned it, I told the doctor how I eat and she said I'm right, there are not to many doctors who would say this

You guys remind me of the bible thumpers who ran around on my college campus. Repeating back your superstitions to people is not proof of your position. You've done all of this before. Someone not responding back to you doesn't mean "you won" or that reality is as you mispercieve it. It just means someone got tired of trying to talk to you. No offense. I've spent too much time on this rerun of a non-conversation to begin with.

Blabbate, Fallen Horse, BeforeWisdom, Zack and Hilary:

Thank god for you defenders of rational thought! I was under the assumption that most of the magical raw food detox vibrational pink unicorn crap had disappeared from this forum. Thanks for calling it out when it happens.

It isn't worth my time to teach you critical thinking skills or the scientific method.

1. Define a question that doesn't need to be asked.

2. Assume your personal experience constitutes sufficient background research.

3. Form an absurd hypothesis

4. Perform experimentation and data collection (NB: This step is optional.)

5. Analyze data or assume you already know the answers.

6. Draw conclusions based on what you already believe.

7. Publish results for peer review. (NB: This step is optional.)

8. Retest. (NB: DO NOT RETEST.)

Blabbate, this is fabulous. I wanted to use it for my signature but unfortunately it's too long.

I thought some foods lost nutrients in the cooking process, therefore making them healtheir if eaten raw.

I thought some foods were made edible & gave benefits when cooked, that could not be eaten raw. like rice.

If both comments are true, how can either sides of your respective arguments be totally right?

Its a simple question, I hope that someone can give a simple answer?

It must be very confusing for new people on this forum, when the experienced people on here both take such extreme ends of the scale on this toipc of raw vs cooked.I think it is our duty to provide a balanced view on any given subject, that makes veganism accesible for new people.You guys arguing is probably quite off putting.

I thought some foods lost nutrients in the cooking process, therefore making them healtheir if eaten raw.

I thought some foods were made edible & gave benefits when cooked, that could not be eaten raw. like rice.

I think you're completely correct. Your opinion seems balanced and reasonable, and science and medicine agree with you. But, that doesn't mean that everyone else is as reasonable as you. There are still folks who spout junk about enzymes and detox and vibrations, or who claim that cooking food is never the right choice.

There is not a one diet fits all. There are so many metabolic processes going on in the body, and each one is unique. Unique as not only your genetic DNA blueprint you were born with, but all the developmental processes that were either enriched, compromised, or masked this DNA blueprint, as you progressed and are still progressing thru life.

The guru is making her speach to her apprentices

Here's a dialogue I heard in the X-Files. Dana's sister to Dana:

-You are so shut off to the possibility there could be any other explanation except for your rigid, scientific view of the world. It's like you've lost all your touch with your own intuition.

By the way, this is more about BigBwii liquidarianism and low calorie thing. Because there's nothing hard to believe in the 811 diet. You guys would hold a pencil in your hands and you wouldn't believe it until you make some analysis and research to get a scientific proof, not trusting your own eyes.

-You are so shut off to the possibility there could be any other explanation except for your rigid, scientific view of the world. It's like you've lost all your touch with your own intuition.

By the way, this is more about BigBwii liquidarianism and low calorie thing. Because there's nothing hard to believe in the 811 diet. You guys would hold a pencil in your hands and you wouldn't believe it until you make some analysis and research to get a scientific proof, not trusting your own eyes.

No offense. I don't know what you are like as a person in the rest of your life. You are probably a guy I wouldn't mind being friends with if I knew you in person. However, your posts are fairly ignorant and you come off as a smug ignoramus.

There is not a one diet fits all. There are so many metabolic processes going on in the body, and each one is unique. Unique as not only your genetic DNA blueprint you were born with, but all the developmental processes that were either enriched, compromised, or masked this DNA blueprint, as you progressed and are still progressing thru life.

well said.

Yeah I agree, 811 is not like: "look I eat 500 calories a day and I look like Arnold Schwarzenegger"

And don't forget the Vegan Fitness Team, Tonya is 100% raw, and Brendan said he mostly eats raw food, he is even featured in the Raw For Life DVD

Yeah I agree, 811 is not like: "look I eat 500 calories a day and I look like Arnold Schwarzenegger"

And don't forget the Vegan Fitness Team, Tonya is 100% raw, and Brendan said he mostly eats raw food, he is even featured in the Raw For Life DVD

Yeah, but still, the cooked people see this as a theory And Beforewisdom says that fruits are fad, I understand that he's still before wisdom.

There's Tim VanOrden too, and many others. They're all endurance athletes, but I saw this comment on youtube recently:

sunamorl6765

Famous Raw Food bodybuilders (google them):

Peter Ragnar

Charlie Abel

Matthew Grace

Storm Talifero

Alexander Dargatz (Germany)

I know Abel is raw and his diet is really like the 811 diet. I don't know for the others, but I doubt Alexander Dargatz (Daywalker) is a raw foodist !

Quoting the "X-files" certainly convinces me . . . Is that your Guru? Your theories would probably fit right in with the plot lines on x-files.
Yeah because that's so hard to quote Einstein if I want to, uh? So now that I will quote Einstein you'll think I'm a genius Doesn't matter who you quote, it's what you quote. No, The X-Files is not my guru, it's just a tv series I like (got to explain like for a child).

http://rescomp.stanford.edu/~cheshire/EinsteinQuotes.html

Quotes from Albert Einstein, who, like all other great minds, had to face the opposition of people like... I won't mention names.

- "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."

-"Imagination is more important than knowledge."

-"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."

-"The only real valuable thing is intuition."

-"The eternal mystery of the world is its comprehensibility."

-"Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from weak minds."

-"The most incomprehensible thing about the world is that it is comprehensible."

-"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

-"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school."

-"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education."

-"The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing."

-"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."

-"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence."

-"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."

-"One had to cram all this stuff into one's mind for the examinations, whether one liked it or not. This coercion had such a deterring effect on me that, after I had passed the final examination, I found the consideration of any scientific problems distasteful to me for an entire year."

-"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts." (Sign hanging in Einstein's office at Princeton)

Yeah, but still, the cooked people see this as a theory

It is a theory. 100% raw or 811 or anything might work for some people, but that doesn't mean it works for everyone. It also doesn't mean a different diet might work better. Most of nutrition is theory sitting on top of just a few concrete facts. That's why we have some folks in here for whom raw didn't work at all, and they needed to switch. We have others who are thriving on it. We're all trying out different nutritional theories all the time.

And guess what? That's perfectly OK. It shouldn't be anathema to admit that your personal beliefs are just theories. Back up what you can with hard science and admit that the rest is conjecture. But please realize that anecdotal evidence or isolated cases aren't scientifically valid. Not for 100% raw or 1g/lb of protein per day or 811 or fruitarianism or food vibrations or keto. Not for anything, across the board.

Edited by blabbate

Yeah, but still, the cooked people see this as a theory

It is a theory. 100% raw or 811 or anything might work for some people, but that doesn't mean it works for everyone. It also doesn't mean a different diet might work better. Most of nutrition is theory sitting on top of just a few concrete facts. That's why we have some folks in here for whom raw didn't work at all, and they needed to switch. We have others who are thriving on it. We're all trying out different nutritional theories all the time.

And guess what? That's perfectly OK. It shouldn't be anathema to admit that your personal beliefs are just theories. Back up what you can with hard science and admit that the rest is conjecture. But please realize that anecdotal evidence or isolated cases aren't scientifically valid. Not for 100% raw or 1g/lb of protein per day or 811 or fruitarianism or food vibrations or keto. Not for anything, across the board.

+1

Quoting someone does not validate your theories, or put you in the same league as them . . . feel free to quote Einstein all you want, your thought process still resides somewhere between the x-files and the Twilight Zone.

And quoting someone definitely doesn't mean you understand them or what they were thinking at the time. It's like when people play Born in the USA at political rallies or use Lust For Life as the music for a cruise line. Really, are there going to be boy-girl strippers and liberal heroin use on the cruise?

I digress.