My first 100% in every way shape and form

compassionategirl

vegan perfume as an x-mas gift I received in the mail today from a certain admirer. Along with a bunch of other smaller stuff including a fridge magnet of a cat with its eyes half open, half asleep, that says " I don't do mornings." How appropriate, considering I have cats, love cats (as I do all animals), and I too "dont do mornings" at least not happily.

The perfume smells very similar to a Cocoa Chanel perfume that used to be my favourite.

Thank-you, I love it. I will think of you everytime I wear it.

One can truly have all the glam in the world without sacrificing animals in any way. Glamour without cruelty - love it :!:

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool! I don't get any gifts like that. I don't have a secret admirer, but one of Megan's cats often looks at me funny. Maybe she's up to something.

Anyway, cool stuff, and this is another great quote:

One can truly have all the glam in the world without sacrificing animals in any way. Glamour without cruelty - love it

Thin Thin Secret Him

:P

I don't have a secret admirer, but one of Megan's cats often looks at me funny. Maybe she's up to something.

Thin Thin Secret Him

HA! That's funny. Megan's cats have the hots for Robert.

Ya, see with the whole glam thing, the thing is that from the uninformed non-vegans I have talked to, I have gotten the impression that vegans are automatically associated with the "grunge" kind of look, or basically an "unglamorous" kind of look, or maybe the hippy look? Not sure what word I am looking for here exactly but you get what I mean? If a non-vegan was to play the game of word association, and the word vegan came up, I think it is highly unlikely that the next word that pops into the non-vegan person's head would be "glamour." The tacit assumption almost seems to be by those uneducated in vegan options that to be glamorous you inevitably have to exploit animals - whether it is in the form of wearing fur, silk, leather, cashmere, etc., wearing cosmetics tested on animals/with animal ingredients, nice, high quality perfumes and toiletries, etc. etc.

So I think that we as vegans have many different tasks and myths to dispel, and each of us has our own contributio. Whether it is dispelling the myth that vegan bodybuilding isnt possible, vegan endurance sports are not possible, vegan cullinary pleasure is not possible, vegan glamour is not possible, etc. All of these are important because they allow us to reach a greater and diverse audience. Know what I mean?

I am very "girly." I love my perfumes, my lip glosses, my purses, my heels, my earrings, my shades, etc. So my message to non-vegan girly girls is that you can still be girly and get all glammed up WITHOUT cruelty.

Glamour without cruelty, then, is one moddo.

Maybe you should change your name for a while to

"thin thin temporarily headless him" by the way

Edited by compassionategirl

Ya I swing both ways -- grunge and glamour.

Sometimes both simultaneously -- like a worn out, faded pair of jeans with stiletto boots.

But thank God I am not like some of my friends, who wouldnt even dare to throw the garbage out without putting on some make up first. Now that's just plain ridiculous.

So I think that we as vegans have many different tasks and myths to dispel, and each of us has our own contributio. Whether it is dispelling the myth that vegan bodybuilding isnt possible, vegan endurance sports are not possible, vegan cullinary pleasure is not possible, vegan glamour is not possible, etc. All of these are important because they allow us to reach a greater and diverse audience. Know what I mean?

This is why I created the website and fitness company in the first place. I felt I had an obligation to share my lifestyle with others because I didn't fit with the stereotypical association of a "vegan." Of course we should embrace vegans of all types. We're not that much different than non-vegans, we're not aliens (My Dad is one), so I think vegans can be and should be themselves, whoever that is.

But I also think for those vegans in media, we should represent ourselves well to show the audience different sides of veganism, whether that is with glamour or fitness, or whatever.

Maybe it's a selfish thing, but when I put my photos up on websites, or write articles, or appear on TV or something like that, as a vegan, I feel like I represent the Vegan Community and I try to do it to the best of my ability.

That is why I have high expectations when I compete. I'm not just competing as Robert Cheeke (Thin Thin Something Him), I am competing as a VEGAN, representing the vegan community. As Megan can confirm, I make sure it is well known when I compete that I am vegan. Just as Daywalker does when he competes.

So yes, show all types of vegans. Be who we are, but if we do something that doesn't fit the norm; show people....Hey, I can do this to, and I'm vegan and it's not that big of a deal. We're all different and vegans do the same things non-vegans do. We just tend to care more and see a bigger picture, and have compassionate reasons behind our decisions and actions.

That is why these websites are nice. Every single day I get e-mails from people who had never heard of Vegan Bodybuilding before and want to know more about it.

Thin Thin "fill in the blank" Him

yes, exactly.

SO when we all stand together, in all our diverse styles and interests - we show that veganism is for anybody and everybody -- universally accessible and suitable. One can be all they were before, MINUS the cruelty. In other words, one can still be fit, be muscular, eat gourmet foods suitable for a King, look good, and be as girly and glamorous as they like -- veganism precludes NONE of that, as you and others prove. How awesome is that?

Crosspost on my edit by the way.

Well Said. It is a community effort and if celebrities participate, that helps get it out there in mainstream media too. But it starts with all of us and being a diverse community like we are, is great. I get comments about that quite a bit. "Wow, vegans are just like everybody else, and they're hot too" (some people said that referring to our calendar; certainly not my photo)

-Thin Him

"like a warn out, faded pair of jeans with stiletto boots."

*gulps*

Damn girl. You do rock it, don't you?

My 2cents: It's nice when people realize vegans ain't all grunge. I think I do my part. Um... that's it. Oh and thanks rob for helping disprove the vegan = stereotype people have of us by making this site : )

The perfume smells very similar to a Cocoa Chanel perfume that used to be my favourite.

Coco.

HA! Ya thanks for correcting that. That mistake confirms to things:

1) I always have chocolate on my mind, even when I dont realize it

2) I reallyu need to get into the habit of proofreading.

I had also originally typed "warn out pair of jeans" instead of worn out, but I corrected that on edit. The cocoa mistake I missed though. oops.

Nat, i just wondered how he knew the perfume was coconut, not cocoa

I didn't mean anything....

But then - your loud denial might arouse suspicion....

By the way, cool thread!

Many good things said, i'm only too lazy to comment....

But CG and SeaSiren sure rock the house!

*arrrrrr*

:lol:

But then - your loud denial might arouse suspicion....

okay, you got us, cant deny it anymore. It is Jza. he is madly in love with me.

Jza: Oh well, at least we tried our best to make it look like we dont like each other very much to try and throw people off our trail, but it looks like we werent foolin anybody.

:?:

When i enter "coco" in my online dictionary, it finds coconut as a synonym...

But i assume "Coco" is the name of a certain perfume, a brand?

Anyway, as long as i can make you laugh

Person actually. And now a brand. But first a person.

But hooray for translation errors, they're always good for a smile. Just ask thin thin what's his name him, were it not for that translation he'd never know how to sign off his posts.

and be as girly and glamorous as they like

Exactly, Yay for super feminine Vegan Women!

Jeans and heels (actually 4" high heeled boots) is what I wear to work most days.

Compash, seems we may have quite a bit in common.

I try to keep the heels under 3inches, just because that by itself puts me at 6'2" ...but hell yes for jeans and heels

You can count me in as super girly vegan chick #3

I try to keep the heels under 3inches

Although my boots and shoes range from 4 inch to 6 inch heels cuz I am only a little above 5"4 ...

3 inches will still do a fine job of digging into your man's chest, in which case you wont be needing the jeans

***gasp****:shock: did I just say that? If you quote me I'll deny it

This thread just took an X-RATED turn.