What the heck is CocaCola trying to pull?

RobertSupreme

http://www.colalife.org/

Maybe I'm just being too untrusting but this really sickened me when I saw it. On the other hand it's good they're doing something worthwhile for once but this clearly is nothing other than a marketing ploy. There's not a snowballs chance in hell that I'm now going to associate their products with wholesomeness and good ethics or whatever else they're trying to pull because of this.

even if they are helping people, it still doesnt change the fact that the poisons they produce and pander to the masses are completely devoid of any nutritional value. they are and have been undermining the health of millions, maybe billions of people for many years, and no amount of deceptive ad campaigns is going to make that go away.

I don't think Coke is to blame unless this a "mole" driven idea.

But lets face it: putting 2 bottles of Gatorade in a case of coke to remedy "dehydration" in developing countries, only allows Coke to make greater inroads with their junk. Not to mention it's like dispensing a pill to cure a disease, without eliminating the cause.

Rehydration salts? What are those? Sounds like an oxymoron.. You know, like Dodge Ram.

Since Coca Cola is a multi-billion dollar company they should be using some of that dough to give back. I just don't know enough about this campaign to have an opinion on it.

Ok obviously Coke is a poor company, but where is the personal responsibility? They are simply making a product that people are buying. The consumer is equally as bad as the producer...

Thats a point in developed countries yes but how are the people of the third world countries where this campaign is targeted going to learn about Coke?

Ok obviously Coke is a poor company, but where is the personal responsibility? They are simply making a product that people are buying. The consumer is equally as bad as the producer...

Thats a point in developed countries yes but how are the people of the third world countries where this campaign is targeted going to learn about Coke?

its a fair point, consumer responsibility, etc. just look at the way they market these products in the us though. today may be different, but 10 years ago there was a coke machine in every school hallway, with fun ads featuring cool kids drinking coke and loving it. like tobacco, they get you hooked when youre young. by the time youre old enough to be considered a responsible consumer, youre probably already hooked. parental responisibility is obviously a factor there too, but the point is this company spends millions on adverts and their products are everywhere.