Veganessentials!

compassionategirl

Hi Ryan,

I just got veganessentials emailed newsletter and I really like some of the new stuff!

Vegan chocolate chip cookie dough tube, similar to that Pilsberry one! I simply MUST try this asap!

Anybody who does not get Veganessentials newsletter should sign up with Ryan. I love browsing your online store, even if it is just window shopping most of the time cuz I have yet to finish school:( You get to browse through on online catalogue with lots of vegan stuff.

Hey, compassionategirl!

Glad that you like the new stuff we added - there's a ton more on the way, too, so we might even have to send a second newsletter before January to showcase all the other goodies that are on the way.

I haven't even had the chance to try the cookie dough, but we had a bunch of people write us who had tried it at a food tradeshow and said it was to die for. Once we heard this we couldn't wait to get it in, and we're expecting it before the end of the week. I'm sure a few of the tubes will be making the trek home with me I'm a cookie dough junkie and used to eat it straight years ago. Not that I should be induging that much, but once in a while I can try to find a reason to justify pigging out

The newsletter is the way to go if you want to save a few dollars - we always have special discounts for 5-10% off your order total, and when you're stocking up it never hurts to save every little bit possible. I'm always partial to offering discounts to board members in between newsletters as well, so if anyone needs anything just be sure to let me know!

Ryan

Sounds great! Looking forward to getting the next newsletter!

I LOVE veganessentials. You guys are awesome.

You will in no way remember this but I have spoken to you once on the phone before, probably about a year and a half ago. I was inquiring about something from the newsletter, cannot recall exactly, but I remember speaking to a Ryan from veganessentials cuz he was so nice and helpful on the phone and so I remember that conversation. Must have been you!!!

Ya, I am definietly a cookie dough junkie -- i too can eat it straight (i.e. ubaked/raw). PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell me that this item can be shipped to Canada, or will be not be allowed, due to "perishability." I would be DEVASTATED if that were to be the case.

I love veganessentials, too!

The only company I know that I can place an order with on Friday and get the package on Monday!

I'm waiting to see what the "new product line" is going to be.

Hopefully some warm vegan winter-wear? Hard to find nice toasty-warm gloves and socks that don't have a leather tag on them or some wool somewhere...so I end up with some 'not-so-toaasty" alternatives. Not as bad as when I lived in Minnesota and Wisconsin, but it's getting pretty cold here in Illinois as well.

site is awesome, too bad I am the other side of the specific ocean. I enjoy stonewall's jerquee with my mouth, it's FLAVOURY. But I can only buy in bulk from america! Ain't that a slap on the old ballsack. So I can only order it occasionally, as that's expenny (expensive).

I haven't investigated primal strips with the mouth, but I saw them on veganessentials. If I get the opportunity to digest them I will give a play by play commentry on my experience

richard you are so bloody funny i love "Richard language".

seriously, yes primal strips - texas bbq flavour are so good. but just so you know, they are not dry and hard to chew. they are more juicy and easier to chew compared to stonewall, if I remember stonewall correctly

the stonewall varies, I haven't had all the flavours. Some are soft and not that chewy, they kind of break up quick. Other flavours are tough. The pepperoni flavour was pretty tough and chewy, the beef was kind of not very chewy. I liked the beef best so far, num num. I sometimes cook it and have it with rice.

Vegan Essentials does rock! And you are all correct, Ryan is super nice and an awesome dude. He also happens to be one of the biggest and strongest vegans on the planet

I'm really glad we're all supporting each other and supporting awesome companies such as Vegan Essentials.

-Robatron 5900

I had a lovely vegan essentials package sent to my hotel room(long story) 2 weeks ago from a wonderful person. Every vegan kid needs vegan gummy bears! And what vegan mom can suffice without a vegan parenting book? If I actually had money and a bank account, I would buy from vegan essentials regularly! I bought from them years ago ( god, 4 or 5???) and still get the email updates...Try not to read them, though. Makes me wistful and greedy.

the stonewall varies, I haven't had all the flavours. Some are soft and not that chewy, they kind of break up quick. Other flavours are tough. The pepperoni flavour was pretty tough and chewy, the beef was kind of not very chewy. I liked the beef best so far, num num. I sometimes cook it and have it with rice.

If they are tough, they are stale. When they are fresh they are real chewy. I love that stuff, I ordered a 5lb bag from veganessentials and it was gone within 2 weeks.

Thanks much to all who have had kind words to either myself or our business - I'm just glad that we're serving a purpose to get people the vegan stuff that they need, and knowing we are appreciated is always good news

To go down the list -

Kathryn - We're going to be focusing a lot more on winter wear next fall - we got kind of sidetracked this season since we're in talks to have our website redone, which has pretty well been taking the lead of new developments. But, for products, let's just say that if all goes well you'll soon see a wide selection of frozen goods in our store coming up over the next few months. We're still working out the best way to ship such orders, and once we've got it down well enough we have about 60 new food products to add, so watch for this to be in the works shortly!

CrispyQ - Do you know the name of the shoe style that you'd like in other colors? We can always make suggestions to manufacturers and keep our eyes open for new versions coming out, so if you have the name of the shoe I'll watch for anything new and keep you posted for sure.

SeaSiren - Glad that you like the Vega Bars! I'm not sure who you spoke with if it was me, Courtney or Charlene (Sue and Colleen rarely answer the phones and prefer to do other stuff instead), but I'm glad that we were able to help out with your order and any questions. If you need anything else, just give us a call back and we'll be here!

Richard - If you've had hard Stonewall's products, they definitely were getting a bit stale. I've had probably a dozen stale packs out of the 200+ I've eaten over the years, and you'll definitely know them once you bite into a chunk. They should last a LONG time on the shelf, but every so often one just seems to go bad before it is due. Just watch out for the BBQ flavor as that is the one that they added honey to a while back without notice to anyone (we had a customer call to give us a heads-up when they heard the news so that we could stop selling it once they had changed the formula).

Robert - We're here to work for the vegan community, so we support back in every way that we can. I'm a decent guy, I guess (super nice and super awesome might be a bit more than I'm worthy of ) so thanks for the kind words! Without the support of the vegan community we wouldn't be here, and every purchase goes back to only buying more vegan goods - it's a win-win situation, for sure!

veganmadre - I hope thay you enjoyed the products you received! I assume the book was the one by Erin Pavlina - definitely an excellent resource. She's got a new cookbook out that we'll be getting in soon, so if you're a fan of her works then you might want to look into this one someday!

And finally, compassionategirl - We're working on a way to get that cookie dough so it will be good for shipping to Canada - right now customs is taking forever to clear packages so we are waiting for things to return to post-holiday normal to start working on this. The dough is frozen solid and packed with cold packs when we ship them, so it is good to stay cold for about 3 days in transit. However, most Canadian shipments are taking about 5-9 days on the average, making it a bit tough to work with. But, I'll tell you this - once things get back to normal for shipping times remind me of this conversation and we'll test Canadian shipping with you for the cookie dough - I'll send a tube or two on us as long as you let us know how it arrived to you. Sound good? For the jerky, I'm tough to get a "best" opinion out of because I eat ALL of the brands we carry pretty well equally. Though, I think I gravitate toward Primal Strips and the Vegan Dream stuff the most and everything else pretty equally. I love Stonewalls, but I've had so much of it over the years I can't eat it quite like I used to. I love Tasty Eats jerky, but it is very tough to chew so it is hard to eat a lot of it (but the flavor is excellent!) The Tofurky Jurky is great as well, but we never have as much in stock as the other brands so I avoid eating it too often for fear I'll put too much of a dent in our stock since we can only get it back in every 3-4 weeks when we run low. Personally, I've never had a vegan jerky I didn't like!

WHEW! That took me a bit, and here we are back at my usual bedtime of nearly 5 AM, so I'm off until tomorrow!

Ryan

Yeah I have had EXTRA screwed up stale / weird stonewall bags. They were ultra crispy, and had about 10 times too much flavouring, it was strange. They were too hot to eat, too spicy, and gave me stomach ache. That really sucked. But the other bags I've had have been moisty and awesome. I think that the texture does vary from flavour to flavour though?

And finally, compassionategirl - We're working on a way to get that cookie dough so it will be good for shipping to Canada - right now customs is taking forever to clear packages so we are waiting for things to return to post-holiday normal to start working on this. The dough is frozen solid and packed with cold packs when we ship them, so it is good to stay cold for about 3 days in transit. However, most Canadian shipments are taking about 5-9 days on the average, making it a bit tough to work with. But, I'll tell you this - once things get back to normal for shipping times remind me of this conversation and we'll test Canadian shipping with you for the cookie dough - I'll send a tube or two on us as long as you let us know how it arrived to you. Sound good?

Ryan

That sounds simply divine and very kind of you! I will look forward to that and pm you my address shortly. Thank-you.

• 3 weeks later...

Vegan Essentials is my absolute favorite online vegan store. Their store is only a 45 minute drive from where I live, yet in all these years I have yet to visit them. Hubby and I have 4 weeks of vacation planned this year, though, so hopefully we can finally come visit!