Centenarian documentary, What makes people live long?

RAINRA

Haven't you heard? The fountain of youth is just around the corner ... a lot of money and research is being poured into life extension and anti-aging / age-reversal these days (See www.methuselahfoundation.org).

Personally, I'm not sure I'd want to live for 1000 years. Not to mention that It'd only be for the mega-rich as the planet can't sustain the projected 9 billion people by 2050, let alone 9 billion who all want to live 1000 years AND still insist on having kids, a McMansion in the 'burbs, 2 cars, 10 TVs, an annual holiday to Disney World and ... a partridge in a pear tree.

Best things we can do for the planet (and consequently the future of humanity):

• Adopt a vegan diet.
  • Choose not to have kids (or have only 1 child per couple, which would lower the global population to 1 billion by the end of the century just through natural attrition - if everyone did it).
  • Choose voluntary simplicity.
  • Die young

A near full collapse of the entire world social structure is just around the corner.Maybe in our own lifetimes.

Your best bet is to be educated in how to grow your own food, source your own water, & build your own shelter.And be in an area of the planet where there are no people.

Otherwise its game over.

A near full collapse of the entire world social structure is just around the corner.Maybe in our own lifetimes.

Your best bet is to be educated in how to grow your own food, source your own water, & build your own shelter.And be in an area of the planet where there are no people.

Otherwise its game over.

Hasn't anyone read Kurt Vonnegut?

Although natural long life is something to strive for, I would refuse to live in a world full of people who cant die.

In Kurt's short story Tomorrow and Tomorrow and Tomorrow he should a bleak, but darkly funny future of people who keep procreating and cannot die. When there is no more room to grow out, society grew up. Apartment buildings hundreds of stories tall. Multiple, and in Kurts world that means at least 5 or 6, families live in one apartment, most of them sleeping on the floor. The eldest, who happened to be the father (great great great grandad) of all of them, had the only bedroom. Once he "selected" to die, (for it was medicine keeping him alive), he would will his bedroom to his favorite kid. Each time he changed his will the kid (who was also an adult 200+ years) would try to replace his medicine with placebos.

Anyways. Im not gonna give away what happens. But still.

Im all for living naturally and aging naturally, but when you get to the point that people can take pills to live forever your talking over-population extreme.

I'm first in line for the anti-aging pills, thank you. Just like I am for the memory slot in my brain, the intracranial soundsystem and phone, cybernetic eyes, etc. Make me an immortal cyborg ASAP.

I'll save you second place in line . . . then I'm gonna rent me a UFO and become the King of a sparsely populated planet.