anyone tried the tracy anderson method?

I just stumbled accross this last week. This lady is madonna and gwyneth paltrows trainer and they swear by her isometric toning method-high, high reps, little or no weight, as well as at least an hour of dancey cardio, 5 days a week.

I bought her dvds and have also been doing similar workouts by others (Kathy smith has one now called "total body lift" and Tracy effingers workouts are isometrically based and totally hard core, as well as amy bento for cardio which is also really advanced).

last week I started working out in this way, and even with only 3 days of cardio (and only 30 min at a time) and 3 days of the toning stuff, plus following an Eat to Live diet style (drfuhrman.com) I dropped a pant size in one week-not kidding. This way of working out tightens up the muscles rather than bulking, and trust me, it burns like crazy. Its all about toning the accessory muscles, which pull in the larger muscles as well, to create great tone and low body fat, via all that cardio, making tight and tiny figures. It really works-after one week, I'm pretty amazed, and feel a lot stronger.

check out these sites also, for more info on this workout style:

nrgfitness.com (amy bentos dvds-powerful cardio workouts)

squeezebytracy.com

tracyandersonmethod.com

I just stumbled accross this last week. This lady is madonna and gwyneth paltrows trainer and they swear by her isometric toning method-high, high reps, little or no weight, as well as at least an hour of dancey cardio, 5 days a week.

Well, check out Madonna's arms at her age and that's all the endorsement you should need. Good luck with it.

I bought her dvds and have also been doing similar workouts by others (Kathy smith has one now called "total body lift" and Tracy effingers workouts are isometrically based and totally hard core, as well as amy bento for cardio which is also really advanced).

last week I started working out in this way, and even with only 3 days of cardio (and only 30 min at a time) and 3 days of the toning stuff, plus following an Eat to Live diet style (drfuhrman.com) I dropped a pant size in one week-not kidding. This way of working out tightens up the muscles rather than bulking, and trust me, it burns like crazy. Its all about toning the accessory muscles, which pull in the larger muscles as well, to create great tone and low body fat, via all that cardio, making tight and tiny figures. It really works-after one week, I'm pretty amazed, and feel a lot stronger.

check out these sites also, for more info on this workout style:

nrgfitness.com (amy bentos dvds-powerful cardio workouts)

squeezebytracy.com

tracyandersonmethod.com

Last time I heard madonna had dumped the gym and her weights (sold them on ebay) in order to do just yoga. So this is a surprise to me. Glad to see that she is mixing up her exercises instead of relying completely on just one discipline (yoga)