Increased Urination

LocalBrada

No idea what the deal is, I haven't increased my water intake even though it is about a gallon and a half. I'm not taking a diuretic nor am I eating any celery or horsetail. Anyone have an idea? I haven't had bananas in a week or so since I've been doing beans post workout instead of bananas. Perhaps electrolyte or water rebalancing?

Need some more info:

Does it seem like you have to go more, rather than that you actually have more urine (do the water jug in and water jug out method)?

Cause it could be a bladder infection if you have the feeling of having to go more (cranberry juice time perhaps?), or actual increase of urination is a sign of diabetes (this is a worse case scenario of course).

Water is also a natural diuretic, and at a gallon and a half, that is alot for your kidneys to process and the bladder to empty.

Oh, prostrate also comes to mind, but you are too young for that to be a cause for concern.

Thanks for replying. I should of been more specific when I said that there was an increase. What I meant to say is that there was an increase in the frequency of my urination which leads me to believe it is an issue with my bladder or prostrate. I agree with you that due to my age that the prostrate is the less likely culprit.

Normally I have maybe 5 long race horse style pee sessions, but for the past two days I've had these incidences when I'll take a chug or swig from my bottle and immediately feel the need to pee. Which isn't something that hasn't occurred in the past. Today I went ahead and stopped at the 1 gallon mark and haven't experienced that again. However my lips were chapped and red looking by the end of the night. Although my tongue, gums and mouth were still "wet". No classic parched mouth or dry/swollen tongue which you'd expect if I was dehydrated. Anyway, let me know what you think.

I went ahead and got some bananas so will be hitting that tomorrow post workout.

You might want to look into Vitamin B2 supplementation. One of the first early signs of deficiency is chapped lips that are red, and you have tried chapstick and nothing works. My son had chapped lips and I gave him one of my B vitamin supplement and it went away by morning. Riboflavin is in alot of processed foods (the governement wants them to add riboflavin as its deficiency is prevalent in the US), but if you do not eat alot of processed foods, and you are restrictive in your diet, then you might want to supplement with B - at least for awhile. Google chapped lips from vitamin b2 deficiency, and you can see more symptoms of deficiency (mostly dealing with mucuous membranes).

You might want to look into Vitamin B2 supplementation.

I take a daily multi vitamin in the morning and a strong B-complex late mid day. So I don't think B deficenty is the issue.

Today I went ahead and stopped at the 1 gallon mark and haven't experienced that again.

Reducing my water intake down to 1 gallon corrected the increase in frequency of urination.

Also...

I went ahead and got some bananas so will be hitting that tomorrow post workout.

I guess I'll just have to stick with the bananas