Number of Sets/Reps for Compounds vs Isolated?

Switching up my routine, not having seen much gain on a 4-day split of 5x5s. I think I'm undertraining my upper-body, but the lower is just about right, so I'm probably going to go with two upper-body routines (chest/tri, back/bi) twice a week (heavy, medium/light) and one day of lower-body (heavy only), with core work TBD.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure what the routines are going to look like (bench, squat, DL, military, bb row, dips, pull-ups, etc), but I guess I'm just looking for validation on the planned number of sets and reps. For the compounds I'm thinking 3x6-8, and for the odd isolated exercise (hammer curls, kickbacks, calf raises) or core work 2x12-15. Does this make sense if my main goal is strength, then mass?

Any advice or warnings in general?

I think it sounds like a solid plan! If I understood you right you're going to focus on compound excersises and throw in some isolation movements, right?

I def think that going higher on the reps and lower the weights on isolation movements is the way to go. When doing compound excersises I always focus on power but when doing isolation excersises I try to focus on doing the correct movement to, of course, really isolate the muscle. Increasing weight and lower the amount of reps usually means that the form of the movement suffers and the point of doing isolation excersises is lost. So according to me you are def on the right track here.