Top vegan moments

revolushuneyz

Is it just me or are there a lot of people who are hostile when you say you are vegan? Recent I caught myself wondering if I would have been better saying I was an Al Qaeda operative, child molester, or investment banker when the subject arose.

top vegan moment of the month! found melissas organic edamame on sale for 99 cents per 4 servings.... bought all they have... and organic banannas... have food for like a week off ten dollars!!! sweetness! gotta love wyoming where no one buys vegan food.

• 2 weeks later...

I was under the influence of my Dentist switching to brown rice protein. Rather then using Whey.

I gave out samples to her and my mom's work office, to have everyone try it out.

My dentist is now hooked on Vega products. And she's recently using Heartland Gold sprouted Brown rice protein.

My mom's co-workers. Keep asking her when I'm going to bring in more stuff.

My first vegan moment was getting the lab results from my lipid screen and seeing how low the numbers were.

My second was stepping on a scale, looking down, and seeing my high school weight for the first time since 19**

Sweet!

My first vegan moment was getting the lab results from my lipid screen and seeing how low the numbers were.

My second was stepping on a scale, looking down, and seeing my high school weight for the first time since 19**

About 4 years ago (back when I was still a manager at McDonald's) I was attending a manager training seminar for two days. When lunchtime came around, the district manager asked if there were any with special dietary request. I raised me hand and told him I was vegan. A voice from somewhere behind me said, "Me too." It was cool that there was another vegan there too!

• 2 weeks later...

That is really cool.

I had a new one last night. I was in the gym working out, and a guy who is getting ready for his first show ever brought his workout partner over to me and said, "This is the dude, I was telling you about. He just did that show out on the west coast as a vegan." The partner said no way, it cannot be done, the usual lines I had said years ago. I explained that I was a vegan, and that I did in fact compete, and that really we are a minority in the bodybuilding world, but that we are here and doing pretty well for ourselves. He said, "Well, you are definitely cut up as hell. How do I do that?" We talked for twenty minutes, and he said, "You know I am going to try that two days a week." I thought for a minute. During my brief time as a vegan I have seen three people switch to a vegan or vegetarian diet, and now a person who is trying it "part time". I never set out to be an evangelist. Nor am I the sort of guy who shouts about it. I am pretty quiet about what I do, but I am absolutely consistent. I was happy to know these two guys were going to be looking at food differently. That was pretty amazing for me that just by living my values I could open people's minds to the possibility that there is more out there.

Thats amazing and kudos - people either tend to respond positively or negatively... There seems to be no inbetween up here... I try to ignore the negative or send Octo a text or email bitching about them.. And the positive ones make my day..

Yeah, in some circles being vegan gets you worse looks than being a child molester, terrorist, or investment banker. I wonder what about not eating animals is so threatening to people.

My favoite moments are when people tell me I am not getting enough protein. I just want to scream, "Your right, I rent these muscles." LOL

Yeah, in some circles being vegan gets you worse looks than being a child molester, terrorist, or investment banker.
Our they look at ya like you have three heads.
My favoite moments are when people tell me I am not getting enough protein. I just want to scream' date=' "Your right, I rent these muscles." LOL[/quote']I want to say to them, "You're a fuckin' idiot."