Robert Cheeke's Journal - 3 contests in 4 weeks!

Yo dude. Better b ready to train when you step off that plane! I miss my training partner. No more trips! Ok, well enjoy your 3 day in Chicago but then come back and stay.

Gonna get my day started now and i'll be ready for ya. Been resting a plenty and feeling good. You definitely worked harder as in longer than me this last week and probably harder as well but i've still worked out every single day without missing one workout. There was on eday though where I just walked out as I wasn't feeling well and wasn't getting anything accomplished but i'm still there every day brother

abs, biceps, triceps, calves today BUDDAY

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just worked out tonight! It is 3AM East Coast time (time I'm on) so I should sleep, especially after only 3 hours sleep last night!

Lots to update here but I'll just quickly write something and catch up soon.

Trained Shoulders tonight.

Lateral Raises

15s x 15

15s x 15

15s x 15

15s x 15

15s x 15

30s x 12

Front Raises

15s x 10

15s x 10

Overhead press with straight bar

60 x 12

70 x 10

70 x 10

70 x 10

70 x 10

80 x 8

80 x 8

90 x 6

Dumbbell Presses

52.5s x 12

60s x 10

60s x 10

65s x 8

Machine press

110 x 10

110 x 10

130 x 8

150 x 8

130 x 8

110 x 10

Arm bike (shoulders and arms)

30 minutes (cardio like riding bike but riding with my arms)

OK, off to bed shortly.

YB!

I think you should contact the New Times newspaper and let them know what you are doing. There is a restaurant called Green in Tempe that might want to sponsor you or the event or both. Sponsoring the event is a great deal on tickets and they would get an ad there. That could be good for them with 3 vegan men competing. Maybe you could team up with them for a promotion and presales of the documentary. You could also unload some of the clothing that's left and more vegan fitness dvd's. They also sell some hard to find grocery items so they could be willing to stock some vega bars. I can't find them anywhere in the valley. Maybe pics and autographs and stuff. I hope to see you at the show and I would love to get pics with you guys. Keep up the good work.

I have a couple of people trying to set up talks for me a day or two before the contest to help promote it, etc.

I'm working on a few other things with media....just so busy these days, so busy.

Thanks for suggestions! I'll try to set up as much as I can. Looking forward to being in Phoenix again!

I recently injured my back, just weeks before my contest...I don't really want to talk about it right now...hope to get in to see a chiropractor asap.

YB!

RC

P.S. hung out with veganpotter in Maryland 2 days ago...he says hi to everyone.

Just worked out tonight! It is 3AM East Coast time (time I'm on) so I should sleep, especially after only 3 hours sleep last night!

Lots to update here but I'll just quickly write something and catch up soon.

Trained Shoulders tonight.

Dumbbell Presses

52.5s x 12

60s x 10

60s x 10

65s x 8

YB!

Hey Rob,

Are those a seated overhead press? You use a chair or a flat bench and just sit upright?

Seated. I could barely get the weights up because of my back soreness and stiffness. I can use 80s and have been up to 85s I think, nearly 90s for dumbbell overhead press...but it will be a little while before I'm back there again with this back situation.

I'm still pressing 100's easily for chest and haven't tried 115's yet after doing 110's on a number of workouts. I will after my contest, when I get more food in me, get heavier, get over injuries, etc.

Looking forward to getting better and getting on with business as usual.

Hi Robert! So sorry to hear about your back injury. Not sure if you got to a chiropractor yet but I wanted to recommend Active Release Techniques to you. I've had it cure some of my back injuries in literally one or two visits. Days instead of weeks. Here is a link if you want to check it out http://www.activerelease.com/ It is great stuff although not the most pleasant treatment but it worked wonders for me on my injuries.

I wish you all the best!

I had a pretty intense chest workout tonight. I was hobbling around from machine to machine and had a hard time walking unassisted but I still got a great chest workout. I'm icing my back right now and hoping for some relief from pain soon. I used about 4 machines and even maxed out at least one of them at 200 pounds. With my back firmly up against the pad, I didn't have any pain other than normal pain that my injury is causing. So I felt good about training today, solid 2.5 hours in the gym, but near the end I could barely walk to my car. It actually scared me and I started crying in the middle of the parking lot because I had to take breaks while walking and take baby steps because my torso couldn't move properly. It's still scary and not sure exactly what to do.

I was also able to make it through a 90 minute posing session this morning. It actually wasn't too rough on my back. Right now I'm more stiff than ever but it is something I'm determined to overcome. I'll try to see a chiropractor sooner than later. I'll be flying to Chicago soon to see Cubby and speak at his University so I'll need to get checked out before I do that. My scheduled apt. isn't until the Friday I get back, the evening before my Portland competition, exactly a week away.

We'll see how things go but I am optimistic.

Time for another Vega/Sunwarrior drink, some greens, Vega Oil and then sleep!

Yeah Buddy!

Up in the morning for more posing lessons. Some rest should do me some good.

Editing this now at 1AM....still quite painful...hoping to find a chiropractor available on the weekend. I just decided to be sensible and take the weekend off from training, even though I could probably do isolate movements. Since just sitting, standing and bending is challenging it is probably best to sit out this weekend, seek out help and then get in to see someone this weekend or call all over the place Monday until I find a drop-in opening.

Anyone in Portland have suggestions? I'm really struggling and I'm not exaggerating...I actually couldn't even walk on my own part tonight and it somewhat scares the hell out of me since the spine is so important......

Tomorrow is new day and a new day of opportunities to improve.

Off to bed soon.....

Oh yeah....and this time.......totally f-ed....probably worse than ever and once before I could barely use my arms because of the nerve damage in my spine....but I'm hanging in there....on top of chiropractor contact info, also got recommended to acupuncture in the neighborhood on Alberta........I will recover! I'm RC!!!!!!!!!!!