Robert Cheeke's Journal - 3 contests in 4 weeks!

I know!

I have been talking to Richard about that....if I don't post for a few days my journal could end up on the next page because so many people are blogging these days. It's awesome!

I really believe it makes a big difference....I train harder knowing that I will be held accountable by recording it publicly everyday.

Hammered back and bi's last night with kurtjs and now off to the gym with Ravi.

Making it happen................

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back and Bi's last night with kurtjs and then Chest today with Ravi. They went like this:

Back

Cable lat pull-downs to warm up

70 x 50

80 x 40

90 x 30

Wide grip pull-ups

Narrow grip pull-ups

T-bar rows

Wide

90 x 10

75 x 10

75 x 10

Narrow

90 x 10

100 x 10

110 x 10

Low Row

180 x 10

150 x 10

150 x 10

Biceps

Standing EZ bar curls

70 x 10

70 x 8

70 x 8

Seated alternating dumbbell curls

35s x 8

35s x 8

35s x 8

Standing alternating hammer curls

40s x 8

45s x 6

45s x 8

35s x 8

25s x 8

15's x 8

(last 3 were drop sets)

Great workout and kurtjs has some of the best shaped biceps I've ever seen. Not just saying that because he is a vegan bodybuilder, he has incredibly well-shaped biceps and we took some pics on his camera and I hope to see them online soon!

He's also a really smart and really nice guy and hope he can share his info with us on the forum...he's an exercise science grad and we had lots to talk about over dinner with Ravi and another friend.

YB!

Chest today:

Warmed up with elastic bands

Machine Press

3-5 sets of wimpy weight for 25 reps or so

Flat Bench Press

135 x 15

135 x 12

155 x 6

175 x 6

195 x 6

225 x 4

225 x 5

135 x 12

135 x 10

Incline Dumbbell Press

60s x 12

80s x 5

80s x 7

90s x 5

100s x 4

Thanks for the spots Ravi and Chris!

Pec Deck machine flys

110 x 8

110 x 8

110 x 8

110 x 8

Dips

Now off to get some food with Ravi.

I love having forum member friends all over the country. It's great!

RC

Had an outstanding weekend in Seattle with Ravi, kurtjs and the many random people I saw who recognized me and stopped to say hello.

Always fun times in Seattle!

I came today, had a great 3-hour drive by myself and then hung out with a forum member for his going away party. He's moving to Germany (jerome on the forum). Then Ani Phyo gave a talk at Powell's Book store and I attended. I'm interviewing her tomorrow so that should be cool.

Saw bvp663 on the way home, saw Jessifly for about 1 min while at home and have been working away late at night on the computer. Have an awesome workout date tomorrow!

Super pumped!

I'm training with an awesome woman who represents bodybuilding.com tomorrow. We met in posing class and saw each other at the Emerald and are working out tomorrow ... Not a "date" just training

http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v2080/241/57/626163427/n626163427_2037954_6641.jpg

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/images/2008/tiffany_forni_e.jpg

She has had an AMAZING transformation that should inspire anyone and everyone.

Read about it here:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/tiffany_forni.htm

Looking forward to it!

Yeah Buddy!

She is also extremely nice and friendly and polite and has great qualities about her. She works hard, is driven, is gracious and appreciative, funny and really enjoys life.

Should be an awesome workout later today!

Had a solid leg workout.

When we started I thought she was going to out lift me! It seemed that she had more muscle, really strong legs, but I out-lifted her

But she still rocks.

Workout went like this for me, she did the same but some same weights some different and then she did straight leg deadlifts and I couldn't because of my back.....oh, and we saw Aaron from the forum at the gym and homeboy is strong! He was playing around with 105s for chest, flat and incline and did more reps than I have ever done with them and made it look easy. Saw the Raw Games 2008 overall champion as well, a guy I met in Hawaii in November so that was also cool.

Anyway, the workout:

5 min warm up eliptical machine

Leg extensions

unknown weight x 30

unknown weight x 20

unknown weight x 15

unknown weight x 12

Standing one leg hamstring curls

31 x 12

37 x 12

49 x 12

48 x 10

37 x 8

31 x 8

Leg Presses

180 x 35

360 x 20

450 x 20

540 x 12

630 x 8

720 x 8

360 x 20 (narrow foot position)

450 x 20 (narrow foot position)

Calf raises (while watching Aaron press 105's without even asking for a spotter and just repping like crazy)

unknown weight x 30

unknown weight x 25

unknown weight x 20

unknown weight x 15

Walking deep lunges outside along the sidewalk

Many reps

Many reps

Many reps

Many reps

Many reps

Then did a few more sets

Freakin love lunges! I used to fear them, not I let them tear my ass up (like 2 pounds of cherries will do...though a different kind of tearing up) and I love it! (the lunges not reaction to 2 pounds of cherries).

Yeah freakin buddy!

Had a banana, peanuts, protein bar, VEGA, L-Glutamine, Tofurky and will bust into some cherries later on. Watch out now!

RC

Yeah and getting enough protein to build muscle

I didn't tell you. But when Shants and I were flipping through my book. We found an older Robert Cheeke's business card. Shants thought it was funny that I was using it for a book mark. I must of red his book like 5 times. I even forgot I had it in there. He like how he saw that I put notes in his book. But he didn't like how dirty it was lol.

Are you a Dry ?

Hey Tasha, Yes, I am a Dry

Aaron, I told you I would name-drop you man....you were throwing around that weight easily, no spotter, full range of motion. I was watching. Well done!

I really want to get to 115's as I get healthy with my back and get that strength back up. I think I'm well on my way. I'll holla at Tiffany for you. She's tough and she's a competitor. It was cool to train with her today and cool to be at Loprinzi's!

Catch you another time soon I hope!

Had an outstanding weekend in Seattle with Ravi, kurtjs and the many random people I saw who recognized me and stopped to say hello.

I came today, had a great 3-hour drive by myself and then hung out with a forum member for his going away party. He's moving to Germany (jerome on the forum). Then Ani Phyo gave a talk at Powell's Book store and I attended. I'm interviewing her tomorrow so that should be cool.

Saw bvp663 on the way home, saw Jessifly for about 1 min while at home and have been working away late at night on the computer. Have an awesome workout date tomorrow!

Super pumped!

I'm training with an awesome woman who represents bodybuilding.com tomorrow. We met in posing class and saw each other at the Emerald and are working out tomorrow ... Not a "date" just training

Read about it here:

Looking forward to it!

Yeah Buddy!

Super pumped!

http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v2080/241/57/626163427/n626163427_2037954_6641.jpg

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/images/2008/tiffany_forni_e.jpg

Read about it here:

Looking forward to it!

Yeah Buddy!

Very nice!!!!!

Post subject: Re: Robert Cheeke's Journal - 3 contests in 4 weeks!

Had a solid leg workout.

When we started I thought she was going to out lift me! It seemed that she had more muscle, really strong legs, but I out-lifted her

But she still rocks.

Workout went like this for me, she did the same but some same weights some different and then she did straight leg deadlifts and I couldn't because of my back.....oh, and we saw Aaron from the forum at the gym and homeboy is strong! He was playing around with 105s for chest, flat and incline and did more reps than I have ever done with them and made it look easy. Saw the Raw Games 2008 overall champion as well, a guy I met in Hawaii in November so that was also cool.

Anyway, the workout:

5 min warm up eliptical machine

Leg extensions

unknown weight x 30

unknown weight x 20

unknown weight x 15

unknown weight x 12

Standing one leg hamstring curls

31 x 12

37 x 12

49 x 12

48 x 10

37 x 8

31 x 8

Leg Presses

180 x 35

360 x 20

450 x 20

540 x 12

630 x 8

720 x 8

360 x 20 (narrow foot position)

450 x 20 (narrow foot position)

Huge leg press mate, awesome stuff!!

Robert, are you hitting super high reps these days? I just changed out to a similar rep range after reading some research (that I promptly misplaced) that came down on the side of really changing up rep ranges. I have also been talking to some national level guys who are doing high rep ranges with what appears to be great results. I am really impressed with their results.

Hey Dani,

Yeah, it has been a while.

I have been following a system of doing things that I have been aware of but wasn't always applying appropriately until I was reminded of it by one of my best friends Ravi Raman from www.sethigherstandards.com

Ravi reminded me of something I knew but wasn't acting on, and what I'm referring to is the concept that most people spend 80% of the time, energy, focus and thoughts trying to figure out how they can save money day to day, week to week and month to month. They spend an incredible amount of time to cut back wherever they can, lowering their quality of life and ultimately only saving a tiny bit of money in the short run and long run. Conversely if that person would spend 80% of their time, energy, focus and thoughts on making more money, increasing their income and giving them the ability to have lower stress, do the things they want, contribute in ways they couldn't before, not stress about living paycheck to paycheck, etc. they would be far better off.

One could work hard, spending 80% of their time focusing on saving and indeed save about $100 in a month or maybe even more.. But if one could spend 80% of their energy making more money they could make $1000 a month more than they are now, a net that is far greater than the person busting their tale to save around every corner.

So basically, that is why people haven't seen me. I'm busting my ass and I'm being rewarded for it. I just closed a deal with $170 million company, am determined to get back to #1 in the country for VEGA sales where I used to sit before I started working on other projects, and I'm doing something everyday to contribute to an increased income and a better quality of life. I'm doing this out of necessity because of the incredible debt I put myself in (and it is incredible, more than anyone understands at the moment) and I'm doing so because it makes logical sense.

It means I will work 12 hours a day or 15 hours a day, but it is worthwhile and I'm all the things most aren't willing to do. I have done this before and was rewarded greatly for it. I'm back in action making it happen and following these principles again.

So that is where I've been

That been said, I'm potentially available this weekend to hang out I have an event on Friday night to attend, posing class on Saturday morning (I'm 6 weeks out) and flexible the rest of the weekend, as long as I can squeeze in productive work experiences.

On that note....anyone want to buy a shirt, DVD, or Vega from one of the retails I'm associated with?

I do look forward to hanging out more in the future.....but now I'm in too much debt and it is irresponsible for me to take too much time away from work...I owe a lot of people a lot of money and I'm against a clock to pay it back.

Yeah Buddy!

Back to work.......

Trained shoulders and abs today.

Was at the gym for about 2 hours and 5 minutes.

It went like this:

Machine shoulder press

40 x 40

60 x 35

80 x 30

100 x 25

120 x 20

140 x 20

160 x 15

180 x 12

200 x 8

220 x 6

Dumbbell lateral raises

17.5s x 20

17.5s x 20

20s x 15

20s x 15

25s x 10

25s x 10

Dumbbell front raises

17.5s x 12

17.5s x 12

20s x 10

20s x 10

25s x 10

25s x 10

Dumbbell shrugs

75s x 20

100s x 15

105s x 12

90s x 15

80s x 20

100s x 12

100s x 15

Cable over-head presses

80 x 15

110 x 8

120 x 6

Abs

Hanging leg raises

Decline sit-ups

Decline sit-ups with plates

35 lbs x 30

45lbs x 30

45lbs x 25

Front crunches

Side crunches to right

Side crunches to left

Bicycle crunches

Lying leg raises

Static holds, bridge

30 seconds

30 seconds

50 seconds

Machine crunches

Then I stretched out a bit. My hits are a little sore from the heavy leg workout yesterday. I've been easing my way back into free weights and then trained with the bodybuilding.com girl yesterday and was moved to press over 700 pounds on only 4 days rest from the previous leg workout.

I inspired a college student who was training and was impressed by my veiny physique wearing my Vegan Bodybuilding tank top. It turns out he is a dating coach and has heard of xveganjoshx who does the same out in AZ. Cool stuff.

Good time today in the gym.

Came home had some VEGA, L-Glutamine amino acid, salad full of sprouts and beans and greens from Whole Foods and now.....back to work....plenty of work to do all the time until I climb out from the hole I got myself into and even then...will work just as hard to continue to make outstanding things happen.

RC

Well it seems just when I don't know what the heck to do about my financial woes I get motivated by you, and what you're doing to make life awesome. You are definitely a great motivator, in person and online. Awesome workouts too, of course!

hsorlando,

Glad you find motivation in it...me too. Why struggle with barely getting by when we can take control over it, apply ourselves more and affect the outcome to something more desirable. Clearly easier said than done but I believe one has to believe that it can be done and apply oneself with intention and effort and make that change a reality. So that is what I'm doing...working hard everyday to make money out of necessity because of some of my current situations. Today was a productive and fun day in general.

I trained back tonight on 5 days rest from my previous back workout which was with kurtjs from the forum up in Seattle last Friday.

There were at least 4 of us from the forum while I was there for a late workout, xedx, vivalasvegans, CountAgranoff and myself.

My back workout was just about an hour I think. I got in, hammered it and got back to eat food and get back to work...eating some spicy food right now...holy crap my nose keeps running and body is sweating a bit.

Workout was like this:

Machine rows, one of my favorites to start with

60 x 30

80 x 30

100 x 25

120 x 25

140 x 20

160 x 15

180 x 8

100 x 15

80 x 15

60 x 15

T-bar rows (wide)

90 x 12

90 x 10

90 x 10

narrow

115 x 12

140 x 6

115 x 10

Wide grip pull-ups

Narrow grip pull-ups

Wide grip cable rows

135 x 12

150 x 12

120 x 12

120 x 12

Machine Lat pull-downs to finish off

170 x 15

130 x 15

120 x 25

Done.

Came home, had some tofu and brown rice and hot sauces I get when I buy burritos that I decided to throw into the rice..nice one Robert....well done son.

vivalasvegans busted her ass at the gym for like 4 hours tonight....nice work! CountAgranoff pushed it hard and I spotted him on flat bench, and Ed and I just chatted, he had already worked out.

Back to work....gotta make that $, gotta get things taken care of, debt paid off, loans paid off and prepare myself to get to L.A.

-Cheeke

Hey Dani,

One could work hard, spending 80% of their time focusing on saving and indeed save about $100 in a month or maybe even more.. But if one could spend 80% of their energy making more money they could make $1000 a month more than they are now, a net that is far greater than the person busting their tale to save around every corner.

Back to work.......

All I gotta say is Yeah Buddy! Make it happen!

Ravi