Octopussoir's '09-'10 BB'ing Competitions

• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

12/28/2009 Monday: LEGS!

I had an awesome leg workout last night. I even set a new PB/PR for my leg press.

Leg Press (P=plates each side):

2Px10

3Px5

4Px5

6Px5

8Px5

10Px5

12Px3 (my personal best, even had an audience watching as I was looking for #23&24 of the 45lb plates)

5Px10

2Px20

1Px10(1 leg)

Smith Squats:

1Px5

2Px5x2sets

2P+2(25lb)x5

3Px3

Seated Leg Curl:

100x20

145x10x2sets

205x5

Leg Extentions:

100x10x3sets

175x10

205x10

265x10

300x10

Decline Abs: 4 sets of 25 reps (no weight)

I wore my compression shorts for the 1st time since I quit running last year.

Felt Good Man.

@ Mary- my diet is kinda bland. Its 2c oats in morning with banana/mix of nuts&fruit, around 5 probars a day, around 3-4 kombuchas a day, 3 (2-3 scoop) Sunwarrior shakes, quinoa, tofu...

Nothing too much out of the ordinary. Im trying to eat as much as possible, but am battling the "i dont want to eat food" syndrome again. Im trying though.

My weight is currently 188lbs(nighttime) with clothes and 183lbs(morning) without clothes.

@Paige- Im not sure. I have been looking somewhat-- for a show around the Alabama area. I want to do one in Portland too...

Havent decided yet... any suggestions? I want to do some smaller shows that arent "pro-qualifying or national qualifiers" like I did all three shows this year.

congrats on the pb!!!!

hhhmmm - u didn't post too much in the fresh fruits veggies? do you just try to keep protein real high?

My veggies have been really low lately. I did head to the store today and get some already made steamed zuccini and broc.. Im going to start bumping up the veggies again and I eat some fruit here and there... doesnt seem like much is "in season" here.

And Yes, been trying to keep my protein as high as I can... after the leg workout I had just a brick of tofu(garlic olive oil on it) and a sunwarrior shake before bed. I know its not much, but its all I could stomach at the time.

Ill start bumping my avacado and hemp seeds again too. Got some chia seeds today. Not sure what to expect there.

Todays workout consisted of Triceps/Lats. Didnt feel like doing too much so an hour is all I put into it. Tri's swelled and looked real nice.

Hey Paige, thanks for the info. I looked on that site a while back and mentally dog eared some. I'm currently a member of INBF and NPC. I love competing against non-nattys and beating them. I can't tell if they are smaller shows by reading the description so I'll ask around. Maybe I'll find one in Los Angeles and give me a chance to visit Mr. Cheeke

octo - thanks so much for posting about your diet. I never strictly watched my protein, carb, fat ratios but after my surgery I lost a lot of definition and I am looking to get it back so I was planning on trying to focus on keeping protein high and carbs/fat reasonable to cut down a bit. I have't gained any weight though. that's why i was curious what you do cuz you have great definition.

Did a 20lb basic weight vest workout.

Pullupsx 10

pushupsx30

squatsx 30

pull x 10

push x 30

squat x30

pull x10

push x 40

squat x 40

pullupsx10x7sets

situpsx10x5sets

heart rate was up after each of the 3exercise sets and I wanted a little bit for it to go down.

Tomorrow will be legs

Leg day today and the gym was freakin crowded. Even had to put someone in check when it came to guarding my 45's.

Leg press- went up to 11 plates for 3

smith squat- went up to 3 plates for 3

leg extns- went up to 305(whole stack) x10reps x3sets

warmed up with 15min on precore and started workout with lying hamstring curls

Jimi!

Want to compete in OR on April 17th?

My buddy Ed (featured in profiles and he's also on the forum, he won the back contest recently) is going to compete. He's a long time vegan and super nice guy. I may get up on stage too. I was thinking of getting a few of us up there.

It's the one that Giacomo and I did two weeks before AZ. It's a smaller show so vegans could dominate and a bunch of us would be in the same weight class too, which would be fun.

What do you think?

VBB can fly you out too

Just a thought.

You should connect with Ed on FB too Ed Bauer. This will be his first show and he's pumped. You guys head to head would be epic!

Sweet! I'm working on it!

It would be cool to have a bunch of us on stage together (Jimi was part of a group of 4 of us who competed in the same show last year) and Portland is a great vegan city to then hang out with friends, eat food, relax after the show, etc.

Jimi? What's your schedule looking like?

@Robert: Let me know some details.... Im down to do the PDX show on April 17th! I need something to strive for and that would be perfect!

I did a 1hour(mostly upper) chest workout this morning

and a 2 hour chest(some tris and some heavy rows this evening...mostly chest though)workout tonight. Feels good man. It seems like im never freakin sore so Im gonna bump it to 2-a-days right now.

Tomorrow will have to be a back attack day.

Seriously RC, lemme know. I can free up all sorts of time for a show.

Cool!

Check it out.

I won my division 2 years and got 2nd another year. It's a small show but it may be dominated by Vegans! I am "thinking" of competing, Ed Bauer (check profiles) is competing, some other Portland vegans are thinking of it, and Paige showed interest and I bet we can get others too.

It's a small show, so if we get 5-10 of us from here or who are VEGAN in general, even those who aren't on this forum, we can really dominate with vegans in every class, men and women and it would be pretty cool.....and very fitting for Portland! I'll be in touch.

Here are details from www.naturalbodybuilding.com

Oregon State Natural

Bodybuilding Championships

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Clackamas High School

14486 SE 122nd Ave.

Clackamas, OR 97015

Contest Info

Special Info

Bodybuilding

Ms. Fitness

Ms Physique

Ms. Figure

Model Search

Contest includes all classes

Entry forms must be recieved two weeks prior to the competition date!

HOST HOTEL

Days Inn Portland South

9717 SE Sunnyside Rd

Clackamas, OR 97015

503-654-1699

3 Years Drug Free

Qualifer for Ms. Fitness USA

National Qualifier

Registration & Testing: Saturday Morning at 8am at

The Host Hotel

Days Inn

9717 SE Sunnyside Rd.

Clackamas, OR 97015

Prejudging and Main Show will be held at:

Clackamas High School

14486 SE 122nd Ave.

Clackamas, OR 97015

Prejudging: 1pm

Main show: 6pm

Ticket prices:

Pre judging: $15

Main show: $25, $35

Vip package: $45 (prejudging and a main show ticket first eight rows)

Cash ONLY at the Door!

For info Contact ABA/INBA Main Office (951) 734-3900

Yesterday I had an awesome 2 hour back attack day!!

Went heavy...

Lats spread out like eagle wings.

Today I did an hours worth of quad, calf, and hams(machines only)

And tonight I was going to go in and blast some arms and abs, but decided to take a nap before hand and didnt feel right going in so I piddled with arms(In my opinion).

Oh well theres always tomorrow.

Yeah Putty

I woke up this morning with a soreness in the outer part of my Left knee. Same injury I felt last year that kept me from squatting or lunging right before my April competition. I think I slept all night in the same position with my knee bent and pressure on it. I kept waking up and id be laying on my side and my arm(s) would be numb. I would switch those but believe my legs stayed in same postion.

Not Cool!

Anyway, I went to tlhe gym early this morning and did more upper body. Im getting a lot of protein in these days and am hardly ever sore...

so I did some heavy cable presses, cable rows, a few sets of pullups, dips, tricep pushdowns, machine flyes, heavy lat pulldowns, abs, and a few sets on delt machine.

I feel now that my upper body joints need a rest(and me knee) so I'm taking tomorrow off completely. I may do some cardio, but No Weights!

Knee hurt getting out of bed this morning. As the day went on I forgot about it and seemed to feel better after my mid-afternoon nap.

So I decided to hit the gym and do legs.

Did 2.4 miles in 10min on bike for warmup

Leg press: 1px30, 2px20, 3px20, 4px10, 6px5, 8px5, 10px3,x3

DB squats: 30x10, 60x5, 80x5

leg xtns: 145lbsx10, 225x10, 250x10, 305x10x2sets

BB squats: 135x10x2, 185x5, 225x5, 250x5, 275x4, 315x3 rounds of holds. Not quite confident enough to try 315 again..

Calf machine: 150x60, 250x60, 310x60

Had a 2 hour chest/back workout today. And will be going back for Tri/Bi tonight.

I did Smith flat... went up to 245lbs for 5 reps

then Lat pulldown machine(not cable)

Chest press machine(not cable).. went up to whole stack; 300lbs

1 arm rows

Cable presses

Lat pulldowns(cable)... almost whole stack

Rev flye machine

Im definitely getting a hell of a lot stronger these days! On seated rows i can pull back the whole stack(which is over 300lbs). And its all while retaining good form.

Was going to take an update pic, but my camera went dead and I cannot find the charger... and it makes me mad

Sunday(today) had a chest, bicep, and ab day with cardio.

Incline db press

flat db press

cable press & flye

seated bicep curls:

reverse crunches:5lb,10,15,20,25lb all x25 reps

swiss ball cable rope crunch: 20,30,40,50 all x25 reps

seated ab crunch machine: 50x50, 95x25, 125x25 plus some can't remember

then I did the treadclimber at 3.5 max treadles for 30min

Precore elliptical 19% incline and level 10 for 30min changing direction every 5minutes

came home made a bag of broc/cauli/carrots,organic tofu, hemp oil, hemp seeds, chia seeds, Gardein brand 'seasoned bites', with black pepper, garlic powder, and a couple splashes of soy sauce.

A little bit more sodium than what I planned, but it was well worth it as I ate the whole pan!! Right after my workout I had 5 non-salted brown rice cakes. During my workout I had some Vega sport(lemon lime) and 2 scoops of Sun Warrior in water and cinnamon during cardio. Good times and great food!!