Supplements: anyone experienced w/ Hoodia, DREN or Fiber?

VegannNY

...one of my *big* problems when eating unprocessed is that I just stay hungry *all the time*. Doesn't matter how many fiber heavy veggies I eat, it's hard to feel full. And there's that last 10 lbs that have been hanging around on my frame, oh, it seems forever - despite the low cal, and despite the extra cardio.

So I've been looking at supplements. Specifically, Hoodia for appetite suppressant (or maybe just fiber caps or Metamucil, I've heard that can help?) Then there's DREN, which looks interesting but seems to have gotten really mixed reviews.

Would love to hear from anyone with experience in any of these supplements (or perhaps some that I've overlooked.)

Money ain't that free these days, and I DEFINITELY don't want to pop money on something that 's going to be useless.

Thanks!!

Well, I wouldn't take them. Tested on animals or made with some funky animal stuff.

Look for something called Cell Food weight loss formula and get the acetyl-L-carnitine and alpha-lipoic acid combo at GNC. It's a vegan tablet. Good info out there on both acetyl-L-carnitine and alpha-lipoic acid and stubborn fat.

Do you eat small meals throughout the day? Get a lot of protein? You've hit a plateau it seems and your body is used to the level of exercise and the low calories you're giving it, it's storing for famine. Eat more often, so it knows that food is just a few hours away. Stress also contributes significantly to fat. Adrenal stress. Shake it up by good carb loading and going higher a few days in calories and then back down, but not too low. There's plenty of information about variations on calories (different every day) and getting out of plateaus out on the web.

Good fat gets rid of bad fat. Eat more Omega 3 fats, flax/hemp. You will feel very satisfied and not hungry with good protein levels. Seriously. I eat a Lavash bread slathered with peanut butter and fruit spread and I'm not hungry for hours. Eat, don't just eat veggies, eat nuts and hemp flax. And drink more water.

Hoodia works to a point. I haven't heard of DREN before, but poking around briefly it seems like more of a stimulant for burning fat, I wouldn't bother with trying something like that.

Are you ever full? I've found that preventing crazy hunger is eating before I get too hungry. If I force feed myself a bit, I don't every get that binging hunger.

Drink a lot of water, too. Seriously you hear this all the time but it helps. Get yourself a 1L aluminum water bottle and carry it with you. Force yourself to drink more than normal for a few days and you'll start craving the additional water.

Hey, thanks all for the input..

I actually already do eat 6 or so times a day, and incorporate *some* healthy fats (such as nuts) into my diet. (Could be more, of course.)

The water point is definitely well taken. I don't drink enough water, and will try to push it. (Until last month, I was a Diet Pepsi, Decaff coffee field, but have finally managed to--I think--kick it, with the main substitute being green tea. (Though full of chemicals, I have to admit that the carbonation in Pepsi does keep you full, in a fashion.)

A personal training pal of mine is putting me on a low carb keto diet--with the exception of low GI carbs before and after working out--with green tea extract supplementation, and a 1 day a week re-feed. We'll see what happens...! (Still thinking maybe some fiber supps, too...but let's work w/ what I got...)

i managed to get some of the ALRI hyperdrive 3.0+ while they were still making it in the vegetable capsule.

It makes you feel full thats for sure but it feels lke there is enough caffeine in here to give a junkie a faux fix.

i took one at 10am yesteday when i got my lazy uni student ass out of bed and didnt ge tot bed untill 3am

Soda, even the sugar free kind and sucralose and fake sugars (and the carbination) do trigger the stomach acid to make a person feel like they need to eat. That stuff is made by truly evil corporations that do not have your best interests at heart.

Eat a handful (5-7 nuts) between meals. Almonds rock.