23 y/o female training for Paramedic School

bbgun

hi all,

I'm new to the board. I'm a 23 year old female from Winnipeg, MB who will be starting paramedic training March 2nd. I've been strength/endurance training since September 2008. I came down with Mono in December 2008( I fully recovered the beginning of January 2009). I'm trying my best to get in shape for the start of training, but I still have very week core strength. I've been going to hot yoga for the past 3 weeks and it does seem to be helping. If you have any suggestions as to hurry the core strengthening process along, please comment!

I'm 5'9" 157 pounds

I've been doing this ab routine 3 times a week :

3 X 20 Toe Touches

3 X 20 Heal Touches

3 X 20 Crunches

3 X 20 Russian Twists

5 Minutes of Skipping

1220393610_Photo230.jpg.10d0b0283af3562d70822ac51bc4c81a.jpg

489347276_Photo232.jpg.2e49b7b1f6835b75c0c8faf07d88266f.jpg

5 Minutes of Skipping

NICE.

Personally if you are looking to lose ab fat I would do more compound exercises (squats, lunges) and more cardio work. Running, swimming, elliptical, etc. Training your abs will only strengthen your abs, not remove the fat from them. Remember, you can't spot reduce fat....

Cardio! Look at the fat loss tips at the VeganPersonalTraining.com site. Core strength has improved for me massively from the resistance ball and doing crunches on iy, yoga planks, pushups, pilates, and sucking it in and keeping ears over shoulders, shoulders over hips posture.