Uh oh........Robert got strong.........watch out now....

robert

Watch out now....RC is getting pretty strong!

Today I was pressing 105's easily with no spotter and then moved to 110's. I nearly got them without a spotter, I just had trouble getting that first rep started....and I'm confident I can get 5+ reps with them with a spotter and I'm confident I'll be using 115's very soon.

One of my visions is to use 120's before my competition in 12 weeks. My chest is getting quite strong. I was pressing 245 easily and I honestly think I'll be near 300 soon. I know it's a big jump, but if I'm fresh and do one rep max and save energy rather than go to failure, it should be no problem. I've pressed 270 at 170lbs bodyweight and now I'm 185 or so and will be pressing near 300lbs soon.

I'm leg pressing nearly 1000 pounds and using 70's for bicep curls. I did 300 pound lat pull-downs and in general, I'm a bit more of a beast than I've been at any time in my bodybuilding career. I'm hitting personal best's all the time.

What a difference some consistency makes! I only missed 2 workouts over the past couple of months and it was because I was in Hawaii in a small town that didn't even have a gym...that is why I was doing like 1000+ push-ups in a day...so I still stayed fit while I was there.

Watch out now.....RC is getting strong!

Bring on 120's for incline or flat dumbbell press. I'm on it!

Oh my, those are some heavy dumbbells! What's your bodyweight atm, if you don't mind me asking? I've been thinking of trying my bench record soon so thanks for setting the reference!

Impressive figures, go for it!

Edit: damn, you had your weight there already. I really should sleep when it's that time of the day and not dream about muscles here

Edited by cbob3000

The key is that I'm having fun again....I go off and on with my enjoyment of training....I wish it wasn't the case, but it is....right now I'm looking forward to training sessions, setting new PR's every week, etc.

I feel like I did when I was a runner....always trying to get a New Personal Record or Personal Best.....so now, sleep, food, supplements and training are all important so I can set new records for myself and when I do, I'm pumped!

I post it on facebook and here, I pump my fist at the gym, I tell my friends, run over to tell my trainer if he's at his desk or walking around....I'm having fun again and strength is resulting from that.

Rob, solid numbers. I have been doing nothing but eating crow since I converted to a vegan. First I spent years saying you couldn't get strong. My numbers have been as good as any I have ever seen. Even now like you dieting for a show I am still putting up some impressive numbers. After years of saying it was impossible to build mass on vegetables I am sitting on 200 pounds of mass with about 12% body fat. Again not bad for a guy competing at 5'8" as an amateur. If I had been smart I would have spent more time reading about Bill Pearl who was one of the greatest bodybuilders who lived and a lacto-ovo vegetarian.

Looking forward to seeing your show photos. I am not back in the NW until the Oregon Ironman. Best of luck to you. I would love to see you prove nay sayers like me wrong and crush.

You're beating me again on the 105s. Nice work. And if you're doing 70 in each hand on the curls I think you solved my chest:bicep ratio issue. I'm lucky to move 50s there and even then my form sucks and then I wonder why my arms look kind of small comparatively. Congrats on the gains, both in weight and in lifting focus.

-a

I'm 6'

I think I'm actually 5' 11 1/2" but essentially 6'. I had clothes on today but was 188 on the scale, which is cool because I was 179 on New Year's day....which really bothered me...so I bumped it up.

I used to in the 150's when I was 20...so a couple of years after high school...then I started lifting more and got up to 195. Still working to break 200.

CDNINJA - there is a great feature on Bill Pearl in the Feb. issue of FLEX Magazine. He has been Vegetarian since age 37 and he beat Arnold after that time....and continued to be Mr. America, Mr. Universe, etc. until 41 when he retired. He beat Sergio Olivia and tons of the best back then. I've been meaning to meet him in Oregon, he's only 3+ hours from me. I should go see him this year.

I'm working hard to have a good showing in 12 weeks. I plan to just get stronger.

Aaron - Are you ever over at Loprinzi's? I trained there a few times recently. Great stuff! Usually I'm at 24 Hour Fitness Hollywood.

Had a good back session today....big dinner and need to do some cardio tomorrow

188 during my workout....evening.

We'll see what the morning says

I'm having fun moving heavy weights and adding a few pounds of bodyweight here and there. I think the creatine is helping and so is the consistency, the eating, and the heavy training.

It is coming along nicely.

My body just wants to be in the 170's...it always wants to go there...so I have to constantly fight it. I went from 171-195 in the same year so it jumps around a lot. In the mid-high 180's is a good spot for me now. I'd love it to be higher but it is quite the challenge.

Yeah I totally know what you mean. My body is the same way except it wants to be lower. However, everyone can probably increase their "natural" weight you know. My body used to want to be around 60 kg and now it prefers 70. I guess you've been through the same. I really hope this concistency of yours will continue even after this comp. If it does you will be unbeatable in the next one

Thanks...and you're right...it can find a new base weight.

I used to be in the 150's, always there for 2-3 years......then I bumped my base up to the 160's, then 170's and even for a while had 180's as a base going up in the 190's and back to the 180's...now it's more like 178 is the base...I never go lower than that ever (in the past couple of years)...but I'd love to get 185+ as the base, never going lower...it just takes time.

For me....bodybuilding is just one aspect of my life, and actually not even the biggest aspect of my life, but is one that I really enjoy. So when I lose progress or stay stagnant in bodybuilding it means I'm excelling at something else in life that I find equally enjoyable or more enjoyable. I do aim for better bodybuilding success and this consistent period of a few months has led to my best strength ever and when I keep it up...good things will come from it.

I enjoy the gym again and that is a very good thing for me, this webiste, and veganism

This is a great conversation Robert & others.

Really inspiring!

Makes me determined to get back in the groove, as I have not been lifting since before xmas due to illness, then work stress, and now tooth pain.

It looks like my dark clouds are moving away, so I aim to get back to previous form.

Good work Robert - you are truly a great motivator - without even meaning to!

Uh.........oh.........watch out again! Lean and Green and I busted it tonight. I mean busted it!

I was using 80's for dumbbell bicep hammer curls, preacher curls with 100 lbs, 405 lbs for barbell shrugs, 115's for dumbbell shrugs though I could probably use 130's or so....man...we were busting it out.

Thanks for the comments everyone.

As long as I am having fun, I am very dangerous in natural bodybuilding and hope to make some noise this spring! That being said....Lean and Green is looking extremely impressive! I started out weighing nearly 10 pounds more than him on New Year's Day when we started to get serious about this.....and I've made great gains.....but we weighed in today and he is 4.5 pounds HEAVIER than me !!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm stronger in some lifts (arms, chest, shoulders, maybe back), He is stronger with legs, abs, and some shoulder exercises. We're pretty even and we're pushing it!

I just pounded food trying to catch him in weight....sure we're 11 weeks out from a contest, but we're both lean so we're still building until March and then we'll cut some of that fat out for the April show while still hanging on to the muscle we're building by lifting heavy weights!

Watch out now....RC is getting pretty strong!

Today I was pressing 105's easily with no spotter and then moved to 110's. I nearly got them without a spotter, I just had trouble getting that first rep started....and I'm confident I can get 5+ reps with them with a spotter and I'm confident I'll be using 115's very soon.

One of my visions is to use 120's before my competition in 12 weeks. My chest is getting quite strong. I was pressing 245 easily and I honestly think I'll be near 300 soon. I know it's a big jump, but if I'm fresh and do one rep max and save energy rather than go to failure, it should be no problem. I've pressed 270 at 170lbs bodyweight and now I'm 185 or so and will be pressing near 300lbs soon.

I'm leg pressing nearly 1000 pounds and using 70's for bicep curls. I did 300 pound lat pull-downs and in general, I'm a bit more of a beast than I've been at any time in my bodybuilding career. I'm hitting personal best's all the time.

What a difference some consistency makes! I only missed 2 workouts over the past couple of months and it was because I was in Hawaii in a small town that didn't even have a gym...that is why I was doing like 1000+ push-ups in a day...so I still stayed fit while I was there.

Watch out now.....RC is getting strong!

Bring on 120's for incline or flat dumbbell press. I'm on it!

Nice Strength Robert

Just to Clarify, the 300lbs bench is on Decline isn't it?

120s on Dumbbell Bench would be nice (without a spotter even better)

Keep up the good work.