Let's talk NBA Basketball

robert

garnett and duncan facing off would definately stretch 7 games

as long as the spurs get healthy they can beat the lakers, watching kobe in the finals last year was kinda funny how he was all for team work but when his team was down he just wanted to do it himself.

Cavs Lakers final would be pretty boring IMO, it might as well be Lebron and Kobe playing a game of horse.

Just announced - Manu is out for the year. I don't think the Spurs are gonna make it this time.

Can you imagine LeBron playing horse? "Take five steps without bouncing the ball, push three players over like they're cardboard cutouts, dunk with your head over the rim."

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe the Big Cactus is out of the playoffs, either. The Suns are a mess. What a drag.

As I'm writing, it's the last day of the season and the first round has yet to be decided for three brackets in the West. Insane.

Here's a treat just made for this thread - video of LeBron's pre-game workout.

http://www.weplay.com/users/LeBronJames/pics-photos/16284-nba-season-8-9/185409

Something I read recently - LeBron is now the same weight and height as Karl Malone - 6'9" and 260lbs - but he's a wing player. It's insane.

One thing I do have to say about his intense body - you don't see him doing many head-height dunks from less than five feet. His vertical leap is actually pretty low. His running leap, of course, is off the chart. I wonder if that's simply because his sheer mass is impossible to get off the ground without momentum?

One of my college friends Trevor plays for the Globetrotters... And as a trainer I need to become more well versed... However, its a passion Im slowly picking up... It will happen. I understand the game however, no favorite team or attachments yet..

Playoff time!

Will we see Kobe vs. LeBron?

Likely.

Who are people cheering for in the playoffs? Some surprise wins have already happened!

in order of preference i would like to see the following teams take home the trophy

spurs

celts

magic

hornets

anyone else in contention

Lakers

Cavs

As much as it kills me to type, I can't see any team but the Lakers going to the finals from the west... No one will contend with them, I'd be shocked if anyone in the west is able to take them to a seventh game, I could see them doing it in 5 games in the western semi's and in the conference finals...

As for the east... No doubt in my mind that the Cavs come out of there almost uncontested...

So Lakers vs. Cavs...

Now the diehard Suns fan in me picks the Cavs to win it all, but I'll be honest, I won't be shocked by any means if the Lakers win it.

Anyone other than Cleveland and L.A and I will be completely and utterly amazed.

May 9, 2009-Yao out for the rest of the playoffs with a broken foot.

KB24 all the way baby!

LeBron James IS MVP!!! It don't mean a thing if he ain't got that ring.

Houston 99 Los Angeles 87

Houston lead by 29 after the 3rd quarter. Who needs Yao?

Kobe only scored 2 points in the 2nd half.

who needs yao?

more importantly who needs tmac?

i didnt think the rockets would get anything done without him but artest and battier are playing out of their skins and brooks. oh my...

hey quick question i live in australia and im flying into LA on june 10...assuming they have a day between games i will get in on game 3 ill be in la untill the 12th so anyways whats the chances of getting tickets and how much assuming the lakers make it all the way?

if i cant make it to a lakers game ill go and see the dodgers play on june 10 or something.

Hell yeah go Dallas!!!!
I hate to rain on your parade cowgirl, but no team in NBA history has ever come back from a 0-3 deficit in a playoff series.

Did anyone watch the Lakers game last night? The Lakers were up by 40 points after the 3rd quarter. Did Kobe play in the 4th quarter? He only played 30:49 minutes last night.

Oh I know, but everone up here loves Denver - so I was getting shamed bad... So at least its not a shutout. It covered a little pride.

Hell yeah go Dallas!!!!
I hate to rain on your parade cowgirl, but no team in NBA history has ever come back from a 0-3 deficit in a playoff series.