Strength- help- please-thanks-bye

hello,

I've been following a DC program for the past couple of months. So many people have sworn by it but personally i didn't like it very much. I'm looking to change routines.

I am personally looking for a middle ground between high-volume and HIT, focusing mainly on heavy compound lifts.

Do any of you know any good ones?

Thanks a bunch

HIIT for lifting?

I think he means HIT, as in, the one-set-to-failure style popularized by Mentzer.

In regard to DC, I always had been under the impression that it was more for an ideal diet to maintain while cutting than anything else, but maybe I just didn't pay attention when I looked over the program some time ago. What exactly is the goal you're working toward right now? That would certainly help a bit, since I'd recommend different things depending on what you're after. So, any info on whether you're bulking, cutting down or are just looking for a general program to slowly gain with minimal fat loss would be helpful to give decent advice. Any details are appreciated!

I think he means HIT, as in, the one-set-to-failure style popularized by Mentzer.

In regard to DC, I always had been under the impression that it was more for an ideal diet to maintain while cutting than anything else, but maybe I just didn't pay attention when I looked over the program some time ago. What exactly is the goal you're working toward right now?

Thanks for your response!

DC is basically rest/pause training. You do one rest/pause set for each body part. You use a 2 day split and train 3 days a week.

I am not a bodybuilder (but try to eat like one!). However I am interested in gaining a bit of mass and strength. I like to focus mainly on the 3 powerlifts.

I agree with Veganessentials that DC and even HIT style of training is good for maintaining muscle, especially on a cutting diet.

Some people may not find it effective because the load on the muscle is brief and the strain on the nervous system is very high.

I agree with Fallen_Horse that a 5x5 may be the way to go for you for now, even maybe a 5x3 for a compound movement you really want to bring up. It will mean you are not going to absolute failure but putting a lot of load on your skeletal muscle and from my experiance it doesn't leave you feeling so drained.

I personally use both the HIT and a 5x5 program, alternating between the two

I agree with Veganessentials that DC and even HIT style of training is good for maintaining muscle, especially on a cutting diet.

Some people may not find it effective because the load on the muscle is brief and the strain on the nervous system is very high.

I agree with Fallen_Horse that a 5x5 may be the way to go for you for now, even maybe a 5x3 for a compound movement you really want to bring up. It will mean you are not going to absolute failure but putting a lot of load on your skeletal muscle and from my experiance it doesn't leave you feeling so drained.

I personally use both the HIT and a 5x5 program, alternating between the two

Thanks a lot. I agree with your points on DC. I believe I will look into a 5x5 program. Just curious, how do you alternate between HIT and 5x5?

Thanks a lot. I agree with your points on DC. I believe I will look into a 5x5 program. Just curious, how do you alternate between HIT and 5x5?

I use the 5x5 program, or my modified version of it, as my main training style for 7-8 weeks or so then I go back to the HIT/DC style for 3-4 weeks or so, although I may stay on one style for a bit longer at times. I try for max lifts in the HIT phase and the more intense style helps give my muscle growth a big boost. I just keep alternating between the two for the most part, even up to contest time.