Easy peanut butter protein bars

sosso

Thanks to JP from the VF forums for the recipe.

These are pretty high in fat & calories, but they're great for all the bulkers out there.

1 cup protein powder (I used soy)

1 cup natural peanut butter

1 cup oats

8 tbsp syrup

- Melt the PB and syrup in the microwave for a minute or so.

- Mix this with the oats and protein powder.

- I also added a few splashes of soy milk and some raisins. Just judge it for yourself. You don't want it to be too dry. You could use water too.

- Spread the mixture into a tray and put it in the fridge until it's firm, cut into bars and freeze some if they're not going to be consumed within a few days.

* I will probably melt some dark chocolate and drizzle it over the top too, but this is optional.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v52/essjayyell/IMG_0519.jpg

Edited by sosso

Oh you can also add regular cocoa powder to theese. It's nice if you like the bitter taste of cocoa, which I really really do.

I'm really happy you posted these and reminded me of their existance. I think I'm going to make some tomorrow if I have the time. Pretty good for bulking I would guess.

I made those bars today using dark chocolate flavoured Hemp protein sweetened with stevia, soy chocolate milk, as well as some raisins, raw chocolate and walnuts.

I was afraid that the hemp powder would give a granular texture to the whole thing but not at all ! Delicious So I'm eating those bars tonight while watching this excellent and hilarious French movie "Delicatessen".

• 2 weeks later...

I am experimenting with these, and my last batch turned out great!

1 cup protein powder (soy,rice,pea,hemp mix)

1 cup organic rolled spelt

7 tbsp agave nectar

vanilla almond milk as needed

Mix protein powder and spelt in a large bowl. In a smaller bowl put peanut butter and heat in microwave (if it's cold. If not just use as is) for about 1-1 1/2 minutes. Mix agave nectar with peanut butter and pour into larger bowl. Mix throughly. Add a splash or two of almond milk and mix again. Keep doing this until desired (or creamy) texture is reached.

This has served me well so far. I laughed when I realized I pretty much replaced everything in the original recipe with something else, haha.

7 tbsp agave nectar

does this work out with sweetener instead of the nectar and without the rolled spelt, what do you think?

7 tbsp agave nectar

does this work out with sweetener instead of the nectar and without the rolled spelt, what do you think?

What do you mean sweetener instead of nectar? Like sugar or another dry sweetener?

And I'm sure they'd be fine without the rolled spelt. Just add more protein powder if it gets too gooey.

i meant artificial sweetener.

Hey Phil, I think you might need something else to bind the whole thing if you don't add syrup, I might be wrong but I think so...Do you know if the sweetner in a regular soy powder is enough? It should be, right?