Lurker turned member.

MollyMormon

Hi everybody. I have been lurking on here for a few weeks and finally decided to join. I hope to be a part of a community that can understand my goals. I am 31 and have 3 kids, all boys, 11, 7, and 2. I became vegetarian about 13 years ago and gave up dairy last summer. My kids have all done the same. I was a dancer about 10 years ago, then worked out after child #2. I joined a gym in December and the 60 day body makeover that started late January. I want to loose fat, gain muscle, and tone up. I only weigh 119 so most people don't understand my goals. I work out 6 days a week.

You'll go far here with great support. Nice to meet you. Sorry I didn't say hi earlier.

I've noticed that I get more solid/lean when I increased my protein A LOT and only kept greens as carbs (not that much fruit, except for a banana mid day!). The weeks that I increase my almond intake, I also lost more. Of course, calories in calories out. I ate less of other stuff, so almonds were in place of whatever else I might eat, like a veggie burger without the bread. The more kale I started eating (see recipe section) I also lost more. So I'm trying out things.