Dip Machine Quick!

SeaSiren

i used to have one which was very similar to that. i saw it in the catalgue and thought that it wouldnt take up too much space. when i unpacked it it was huge. you might as well spend $50-100 more and get a squat cage with dip handles - it would take up only a tiny bit more space.

jonathan

Thanks Jonathan, I will look into it!

I am actually getting rid of furniture to add fitness items to my house. Unfortunatly, space is at a premium, but who really needs a table to eat off of anyway

Also looking at a complete dumbell set up (rack and dumbells), changing plates so many times is a pain.

But the dip system, chin up seemed to be the next logical thing, incorporating a squat rack would be even better. With a squat rack, I may be able to get rid of one of the weight benches, hmmm....

training at home is the best thing that i have ever done

my cage doesnt do dips but my friends brians does. you can chin on it too as well as bench off it, squat off it, do rack lockouts, partial benchs/deads/squats/shoulder press etc.

you can hang your washing up on it and if you put the pins to the right height and put a board across them, you would have a dining table.

if you are getting a full dumbell set you would probably be better off with a powerblock set, which actually works out cheaper and takes up much less space.

let me know how you get on - i love it when people set up their own home gyms

jonathan

Power block set? I have seen those. Can you get the full range of motion on them. Or rather would I be able to get a full range of motion on them?

You mentioned Katherine works out, maybe I should ask her since she is smaller!

I was looking at getting a dumbell rack. I don't need any dumbells less than 10lbs and need them up to 110lbs.

aye - you still get the full range of motion with the power blocks. when you select the smaller weight, the actual size of the weight is much smaller. if you want them up to 110lbs (the closest is 120lb) its going to be really expensive. i think over $1000 for the powerblock, but individual dumbells will cost considerably more.

jonathan

Another option is, if you're looking to get an actual power rack/squat rack at some point, www.fractionalplates.com can make custom dip handles that will fit into pretty well any setup. They're a bit pricey, but they make only top-notch equipment and would last a lifetime. I'll see if I can find them on their site (it's a bit confusing to navigate and locate specific products at times), and when I get the chance I'll post the info here.