Could use some diet input

DoctorB2B

Hey all,

I am full time in school with heavy study loads and little time for much else outside of working out and school. Thinking about anything else just isn't an option.

Right now, I'm 6'2, 250 at 14% BF. According to cutting formulas I have seen, I should take in 3000 cal, 250g protein, 200g carb, 133g fat.

Sounds good, I'm pretty sure I can do this, but I'm handicapped by being a month-old veggie (sorry not a fully committed vegan yet). I have a handle on solid protein sources and I know I can get my fats from everywhere it seems but ... I think what I'm asking is for some help putting foods together for my time in school. There are days when I'm there from 8 until midnight so nutrition is vital for me.

My ultimate goal is to get down to 220lb and I'll be tight.

With all that out there, what can I bring with me throughout the day to help me reach these macro ratios?

FYI, I start off the day with a 1/2 -3/4 cup oats with 2tbsp honey. Postworkout I have 42g whey and 1 serving of waxymaize. An hour after my workout, I have a 1/2 cup browned tempeh with 3 whole omega-3 eggs, and 3-4 whites. After that, I'm flat out ? when it comes to the rest of the day. I know I need to consume almonds and other nuts for fats, but can I ask for some other help?

What else can I bring with me that I can either toss in the microwave or eat as is?

I apologize for the scattered thoughts, that's how I roll with my thinking.

Thank you all VERY MUCH!!!

Hey all,

I am full time in school with heavy study loads and little time for much else outside of working out and school. Thinking about anything else just isn't an option.

Right now, I'm 6'2, 250 at 14% BF. According to cutting formulas I have seen, I should take in 3000 cal, 250g protein, 200g carb, 133g fat.

Sounds good, I'm pretty sure I can do this, but I'm handicapped by being a month-old veggie (sorry not a fully committed vegan yet). I have a handle on solid protein sources and I know I can get my fats from everywhere it seems but ... I think what I'm asking is for some help putting foods together for my time in school. There are days when I'm there from 8 until midnight so nutrition is vital for me.

My ultimate goal is to get down to 220lb and I'll be tight.

With all that out there, what can I bring with me throughout the day to help me reach these macro ratios?

FYI, I start off the day with a 1/2 -3/4 cup oats with 2tbsp honey. Postworkout I have 42g whey and 1 serving of waxymaize. An hour after my workout, I have a 1/2 cup browned tempeh with 3 whole omega-3 eggs, and 3-4 whites. After that, I'm flat out ? when it comes to the rest of the day. I know I need to consume almonds and other nuts for fats, but can I ask for some other help?

What else can I bring with me that I can either toss in the microwave or eat as is?

I apologize for the scattered thoughts, that's how I roll with my thinking.

Thank you all VERY MUCH!!!

well im not sure what kind of stuff youre looking to fill up on, but usually on days i have to work 12 or more hours i have to bring my entire days diet with me when i leave in the morning.

pasta travels well, get a good container to store it in, cook it the night before, shock it with cold water, and have it ready to go in the fridge. ive been sprinkling ground flax on mine and its soo good. and lately ive been slow cooking delicous lima beans(among other varieties) overnight, so its just about 5 min in the morning to get that ready to go. of course vegetables are easy, celery, bok choy, carrots, sweet peppers, green beans, peas.. peanut butter is easy too. oh and tomorrow im bringing corn. alot of corn.

First of all I would say that other ratios would be also efficient to lose weight while at the sametime healthier. The only nutrient that stays pretty high when cutting is proteins, because we need more proteins on a low-calorie diet. But you could have more carbs and less fat than the ratios you suggested. The only thing that really matters is total calorie intake. And enough proteins to prevent losing lean mass and to also to gain some if possible.

So if you add more carbs and reduce some fat, you can bring some fruits to school, like bananas, apples, dates, kiwis; all fruits... small containers of fruit juice or soy beverage.

If you wish to keep the ratios you mentioned, bring some green salad with olive oil. Other things practical are : protein bars or energy bars, sesame snaps, pb&j sandwich or vegepate sandwiches or hummus tortillas, veggie burgers...bring pepitas or peanuts, any seeds and nuts.

I think you want to change to a vegan diet soon so I might as well give you tips for this while I'm at it: replace eggs by avocados or tofu, both you can eat scrambles or mashed into puree. Replace whey by hemp or pea or rice or soy protein powder; honey by maple syrup or agave nectar.