I need effective protein supplements & creatine product info

Hey guys and gals! this is only my second post. I have limited access to the internet and I don't have much time to search the forum effectively for similar threads to this one, so forgive me if you have answer this question a million times.

So I been Vegan for roughly a month. I go to the gym 3 to 4 days a week. I'm not taking any supplements at the moment. Before I took whey gain, and some creatine, however since becoming Vegan I'm not too sure what's best for my body to get the best results. I would like any recommendations, brand names and any other tips from people who are vegan and use protein and creatine supplements. thank you!

I don't know which creatine brands are vegan. I'll look on the forum there was some posts about this lately.

For vegan protein supplements, go in a good health food store, there should be powders like : soy, rice, Vega... if you're lucky there will be hemp (my favorite), or pea protein. There's also all false meat products, and tofu, seitan, tempeh, etc...

veganessentials.com

manitobaharvest.com

Never heard of non-vegan creatine supplements unless it's in gelatine capsules.

When choosing protein powder I prefer to look at how my diet in general looks. Variety is usually the best so if you eat a lot of soy don't choose a soy powder, go with pea (gemma), rice or hemp. Gemma isolate gives a lot of bang for your bucks. I know a lot of americans on here buy it from http://www.trueprotein.com You can choose flavour and sweetner for yourself. You can also make mixes like gemma/rice/hemp etc.

I'm one of the people Johan is referring to in his generalized statement. I eat soy foods like tofu in my diet so I stick with gemma, and its very affordable! Recently I ordered 4 lbs from true protein of 80%-gemma & 20%-hemp mixed which came out to a little over $6 a pound. It's $10 shipping no matter how much you get so budget accordingly. I've gravitated to not getting the flavors, their good ones cost extra, and I tired of them given a month or so of frequent daily intake anyhow. I think plain best for variety, I get it with stevia, as that is free. You can mix in some juice or plant based milk, or just water if that strikes your fancy.

I think I used the Creatine Surge before.....it was pink and really sweet.....I think that is the stuff I had. I am just about out of my creatine and need to pick more up soon.

Techline, Iron Tek and most companies I know have vegan creatine....and some say it right on the package (which is kinda cool). But most is vegan these days....all that I know of, aside from the ones that are clearly not vegan because of what they are combined with.

Cool to see more California members! I'll be there in a few weeks and travel to So Cal 5+ times a year and No Cal 3-4 times a year.

All the best.

• 1 month later...
Raw sprouted Brown Rice Protein is the best, bar none. In the States you're looking at Sun Warrior, here in Canada Heartland Gold is the brand. I take three shakes of it a day. Can't get enough of it!

HECK YEA! I love my raw protein powder aka sunwarrior. Support us if you are going for it; it's well worth it. Link is usually floating above on the forum as well. Helps subsidize the huge costs for the project (vegan brother in iron) budday pm if you have questions

http://www.veganproteins.com