victorian bush fires

myownsummer_5

It is a terrible situation and the fact that it only happened about 30 mins from where I live makes it quite scary.

The cooler weather and less wind has calmed the situation slightly but the end is still not near.

I've donated some cash and vegan pet food to try and help a little but it's difficult to know what else to do, especially to help the animals

Hey Joel, here are few places to start with helping animals.

Animal Liberation NSW is helping animal bushfire victims via our free call 1800 751 770 numer, through the around-the-clock work of Barrie Tapp who apart from hands-on rescue work he has organised donations of "farm" animal food and other essentials i.e. horse blankets. He has liaised with Frankston Council for a tract of land to be used for people to drop donated goods to and he then delivers them to remote areas.

Other organisations doing fantastic work for bushfire victims are:

Help For Wildlife - P.O. Box 181, Coldstream 3771 and

Nigel's Animal Rescue - P.O. Box 1096, Hartwell 3124

There are still fires that haven't been contained and there has been a lot of backburning which has left the city very smoggy. For a lot of the affected areas it's all about rebuilding now, which will take a long time. Plus there are still bodies unaccounted for.

did anyone see the picture of the firefighter who was sharing his water with a Koala?

Terrible. Simply terrible. I did like one of the pictures I saw on AOL News a few das back. did anyone see the picture of the firefighter who was sharing his water with a Koala?

Yeah, the koala is being cared for now by a wildlife rescue organisation, hopefully he will recover completely