real level 5 vegans?

dontxhide

I know we have all seen the Simpsons episode where the environmentalist states he is a level five vegan and "I dont eat anything that casts a shadow."

Well, I went to a Noodles and Company for lunch and the manager said he actually met REAL level 5 vegans.

He told me, dead serious, that someones asked for vegan penne rosa, received the item, then took it back because it had tomatoes in it. He said he doesnt eat tomatoes because he is a level 5 vegan and doesnt eat anything with a shadow.

This manager I spoke to was dead serious. He said he has ran into them doing the same thing at other restaraunts?

I'm pretty sure these guys are pulling his and Noodles and Company's leg, but to take it to such an extreme of returning food because it has a shadow? He said that they actually come into Noodles and Company and request a lvl 5 vegan meal (which I have no idea what that is).

The manager was DEAD serious. So either the manager is joking with me or the guys are taking the SImpsons joke to such a length that they are pulling the joke on other people.

That's what I'm thinking. But the manager swore he met these guys lol

Supposedly, because the carrot doesnt cast a shadow while its growing, only it stems grow, you can eat that. I guess? I'm pretty sure they just took the joke to far, far enough to convince this manager guy ~shrugs~

The manager was so convinced that when I asked him what else was vegan he asked me what level I was, with a dead face and completely serious tone. He was about ready to tell me what level of vegan I am which food I could eat lol!

Hah. I dunno if they're serious or not. But the concept of not eating something which casts a shadow whilst its growing is stupid. And what constitutes "casting a shadow"? Underground, everything will be in "shadow" - it will have no light getting to it, which is what a shadow is. So technically, the whole thing is one big shadow. I don't get it.

I've been vegan long enough that I know when people are usually fucking with me because of my diet.

Now unless this guy is an absolute stone cold actor, I'm talking Grammy award winning, then he believed everything he was saying.

Now, I didn't believe him but when you see someone who is so sure something like that is true, it has to make you wonder.