anyone eating high raw?

Theresaann

Not to start a raw vs. cooked debate, just wondering if people eat high raw (80%/day or more) here.

Just read The Thrive Diet, thats a good outline for this, I would assume. Just wondering if people live this way. Just saw on Ani Phyo's site that she's gone to 80% raw, from 100%. I've been about 40-50% raw, but feeling the need to "clean up" and thinking that 80% would be good, and perhaps more like 100% in the summer, when its warmer.

For me this looks like raw breakfast, raw lunch and veggie/bean soup with salad for dinner. Heres what I'm thinking:

green smoothie OR fruit OR soaked buckwheat porridge with sesame milk bfast

Salad OR blended soup with salad OR lettuce/kale wrap lunch

greens/veggie/bean miso soup for dinner with more salad

any thoughts??

I was except for this last week. I been on the road and busy so I just did not have the time to prepare raw. I feel great on raw and less sluggish. I still like cooked to keep some calories around since I am not big into eating a lot of sugar

Living in a northern climate I don't always feel like eating lots of raw food, but in the summer I enjoy to eat lots of fresh fruits. During colder months I still enjoy a high raw diet but different than summer : sandwiches full of raw vegetables, green salads or carrot salad, beet salad, raw soups made of squash; some of those vegetables can grow around here and last part of winter, but I like also high calorie exotic foods like dates, bananas, avocados... So basically just the bread is not raw; I also tried some wraps with huge collard leaves instead of bread.

But I enjoy cooked food too pastas, beans, etc...

Yes, I am liking this way of eating. Lots of energy, and by dinner, I feel like I want to keep it raw-don't want that heavy feeling, you know? but I am ok with eating some beans and greens in a soup with sea weed and miso...that doesn't feel too heavy and helps me stay "grounded", as sometimes I can get a little ungrounded on all raw after awhile. But in the warmer weather, all raw is such a high! I'm also looking forward to how my workouts go with this way of eating. Probably way better-ha!