Acne control and skin care

PMA

Hello,

It's been about 4 years now since my acne started getting beyond my control. I have noticed I only get it once whenever I use oil to cook (fried food of course too), even if it's olive oil and use the smallest amount as possible. My skin has also gotten oily lately as well as my hair. I'm think it's some hormone thing?

I thought this would only last my teenage years but like I said it's been 4 years now and it doesn't seem to stop. If anyone could give me some advice on how to control it and how to heal my skin. If anyone could give me suggestions on how and what to use to clean my system up as well as some external treatment. Thanks in advance.

Are you a girl or a guy?

It's very common for women to get acne in their 20s. I had it really bad, and then stopped taking birth control pills. Now it seems a LOT better.. so it was hormone related.

For guys.. um

I don't know. I'm not a dude. O.o

Maybe someone else can help you with that one lol

I dont think this exactly applies to you but I think the principle may hold true. A friend of mine told me to take flax seed oil, as it helped him with some joint pain, he mentioned also that it helped clear up his skin and speculated that it was related to some recently achieved hormonal imbalances.

Are you a girl or a guy?

It's very common for women to get acne in their 20s. I had it really bad, and then stopped taking birth control pills. Now it seems a LOT better.. so it was hormone related.

For guys.. um

I don't know. I'm not a dude. O.o

Maybe someone else can help you with that one lol

Yeah, I'm a guy. Thanks for the help though. Hmm wonder if birth control pills would help...?

I dont think this exactly applies to you but I think the principle may hold true. A friend of mine told me to take flax seed oil, as it helped him with some joint pain, he mentioned also that it helped clear up his skin and speculated that it was related to some recently achieved hormonal imbalances.

Hm, just drink flax seed oil straight up? Not mix it with anything? I read some rudimentary info on it and seems to have a lot of benefits, I might just start drinking it for the other health benefits as well.

well if you're not at puberty age anymoreand you finished to grow, I doubt it's hormonal, eventhough it,s still possible. But it might be just an excess of fats in your diet. Stop using oil to cook food and see if it gets better. If you still want to use oils, use less and don't cook it, just use olive oil or avocados in salads, limit your intake of seeds and nuts. If it's not due to too much fats in your diet, it may be that your body tries to get rid of some things from the inside, maybe think about helping your body that way: do a cure with fresh fruits, water, etc to detox for a week or two, doing some exercices too, for sweating.

well if you're not at puberty age anymoreand you finished to grow, I doubt it's hormonal, eventhough it,s still possible.

If he's very active it's more likely. Spiking testosterone could cause it.

I've suffered with mild to moderate acne since a teen. I'll be 28 in a week and still get mild acne on my face and shoulders, it's much more mild now but I still see outbreaks when I'm going nuts at the gym and eating accordingly.

I don't notice any correlation between fat intake and acne though. The only thing else that seems to exacerbate it is dry skin.

could flaxseed actually cause it?

i never had acne during puberty. recently (im 22)...( the flaxseed thing could be a coincidence, dunno)..ive been getting it bad. other fat sources are tofu, tempeh. no nuts generally. diet is pretty clean too..

cant figure out what the cause it...any ideas guys?

my miracle solution is hydrogen peroxide .... man, i tried oregano oil and other natural stuff, and those scrubs and washes. the only thing that somewhat worked was that infomercial stuff (forget the name) but it was too expensive in the long run. it's really weird, because i had the worst acne, even through the nasty winters where it used to get really really bad, i've been clear when i use the stuff. i'm quite surprised actually

I would try taking garlic supplements as it's a natural antibiotic and see if that works. If you had bad acne, prescription antibiotic would work, but take a lot of probiotics or you'll get thrush and feel crappy. Garlic won't kill your good flora. I hear that Salicylic acid works, I used it on my pores in the past an they did get smaller. Only recently have I had more zits, it's either stress or hormones for me. In lieu of salicylic acid, you can use a stronger fruit acid, like apple cider vinegar. Yikes it smarts but it makes a great skin peel.

The Aztec secret clay works at drawing out toxins. Try the garlic first.

Yeah, don't use a drying treatment on it, keep it hydrated with some kind of Non-Comedogenic lotion. Try aloe, straight from the plant on a small area. Most aloe in a store is mixed with preservatives for shelf life.

I was drinking a smoothie and added some probiotics and thought that skin being the largest organ on the body it would do well with a good dose of good bacteria. You might want to add probiotics to your diet if you don't already. RawGuru has VitaMineral Green which is loaded with it! But there's some rawfoodists I know who make some concoction which is loaded. Plus you can get a variety at the health food store.