3 Vegan Bodybuilders Competing together April 25, 09

robert

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks so much man!

Love to see more of you guys in this thread and this posing is exactly the kind of thing we're look for in this thread!

Looking shredded man! Shredded wheat!

See you in a couple of hours...........RC

@VeganJoe point taken! I'm actually training them today! I should do them more often as I don't have much time

you should really really really work on your latspread!

NO CRITICISM!!!!! LOL Nah it's all good; I know I suck at it and I know my lats and the pose itself with it is the absolute worst and my weakest link. I'll do my best to get it and posing in general, up to snuff.

As for the too lean suggestions of yourself and Johan i'm going to have to disagree with you on that one. Really we are no more than 38 days away and I need to still shed yet another 3-4% bodyfat. If you look at Octopussoir, we are indeed just about the same bodyfat. The only difference is that he has a good amount more muscle on his frame than i do. Especially in his upper body. If by what you mean is that I look too 'thin/skinny' or not muscular enough, i agree. I am lean, I do not have enough muscle.

I'm still competing, i'm still working from resuming training strict and with dedication since only the third week of january. I am working with what I have. I will present it in the best way possible and that's all I can do. I am using this competition as a vessel and a means. To

1)show everyone what they can do in a short amount of time on a vegan raw food diet

2)get myself back into the game.

Competing makes you work harder the next time. You're never 'ready'. The next time I will have WAY more muscle on my frame if I use this contest as motivation to grow and train super hard in the off season. Which I have yet to manifest since I staerted this back in 2002. Things will change and this contest should point me in that direction.

Not to say I don't feel I will make a good showing or place, etc... I think I look great, I will be HIGHLY conditioned and I want to place and win. Isn't that what its' all about?

I think it's a positive thing, my outcome. While I won't look as 'big' as the others, if you take it from where i'm coming from (training hard since only 3rd week of jan) then it shoud be a good indicator of vegan power and progress I will be sure to explain that clearly in the documentary so as to make good representation. As well as on stage so that we don't disappoint!!!!

Speaking of vegan power and progress; I need another sip of oil from my vega essential oil blend bottle!!!!! Just finished hour of cardio but there two more training sessions to go later today with RC and Natasha in Corvallis. YB

All I gotta say is: "Fuckin'-A!"

Damn dude you coming along faster than what I thought. Rear lat spread looks great. Dont listen to johan. Abs are huge. Shoulders are nice... man Id say youve come a loooong way in the past couple weeks. Can Dani come to my place and tell me what i need to do on video too? Awesome instructions Dani! You were spot on.

My spray tan is faded and I need to touch up again. The tan really makes a difference.

Now to your comment about my upper having more muscle... well, I dont have big ass tree trunk legs for a reason. I dont want them. Yes I can get them, but want to be able to fit into my size 30 jeans and not have to go bigger because my legs wont fit. I got into a situation before where I couldnt squeeze my thighs into a pair and I dropped the size of my legs. I just want them shredded and not big. Ya dig?

Anyway, thanks for the text and package and keep it going. You gonna beat me yet.

Dont listen to johan.

Yeah cause what I said was really mean right?

Dude, you are too lean (and green) for being six weeks out. Your abs looks awesome!

Hey L&G, you should watch Kai from the Arnold free posing routine, now that's what it's all about.

We're all just super, super, super, super sensitive, that's all

All competitive bodybuilders can relate...........it's a very tough thing to be a pre-contest bodybuilder....mentally, psychologically, physically, etc.

I recommend people experience it at least once in their lifetime...it's a pretty unique and special feeling.

We had a good day today training and filming down in Corvallis, my home town.

We took tons of pics and videos...but so tired and so busy and off to Seattle this weekend to fundraise and promote at the largest Vegetarian Festival in the country.... Seattle VegFest.

Lots to do.........we must continue to make progress not only in our physiques but in funding our project.....back to work.....here is a quick pic......don't mess with RC

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c210/VeganBodybuilder/Bodybuilding%20Photos/flex10.jpg

We're all just super, super, super, super sensitive, that's all

That's cool, but learn to take constructive criticism. It's what wins contests.

All competitive bodybuilders can relate...........it's a very tough thing to be a pre-contest bodybuilder....mentally, psychologically, physically, etc.

I recommend people experience it at least once in their lifetime...it's a pretty unique and special feeling.

I hope to someday! Maybe 2010?!

@VeganJoe point taken! I'm actually training them today! I should do them more often as I don't have much time

you should really really really work on your latspread!

I'm still competing, i'm still working from resuming training strict and with dedication since only the third week of january. I am working with what I have. I will present it in the best way possible and that's all I can do. I am using this competition as a vessel and a means. To

1)show everyone what they can do in a short amount of time on a vegan raw food diet

2)get myself back into the game.

Competing makes you work harder the next time. You're never 'ready'. The next time I will have WAY more muscle on my frame if I use this contest as motivation to grow and train super hard in the off season. Which I have yet to manifest since I staerted this back in 2002. Things will change and this contest should point me in that direction.

You are so right. If everyone waited until they were ready no one would ever compete. You need to just do it. Then after you have one under your belt you know a little better what to expect in the future. I keep up on your blogs and am rooting for you. You're doing great, keep it up.

OK wow...you three are alll looking Phenom.

I'm gonna critique!!I get worked all day everyday by everyone so don't worry bout it man!(I'm the shyest guy around and I play on a band and get critiqued and worked allll the time).

Lean and green....WOW your legs are a thing of beuty.Nicccce mass on them....and your gunns are phenom too-such wicked tri's!!(you seem to have anatural bodybuilding figure)

My ONE main critique is UPPER pecs(thos frustrating upper pec).I lack them big time!(well did)

But man I've been doing MAD amounts of the following:Incline DB flyes,incline bench,pull ups(palm inward close grip),DB oullovers and DIPS DIPS DIPS!!

BTW....in your lat workout include some pull ups(palm out wide grip).It'll ad soo much width to your(already sweet) back.

You three are gonna kick some ass and all the best!!

MInd over matter...LIGHTWEIGHT!!

I got some more stuff to post. soon, hopefully today if not later on in the week..... BUDDAY!

Right on MollyMormon, I agree. It's the jumpstart I need to further myself and take what I do to a serious level going forward.

@avojamacada thanks man. Weighted belted on waist with 25-45lbs on it for 50-100 pullups both wide and narrow in a bit already pre planned! I think it's helping ALOT i need to catch up to my fellow brothers who took flight! Then a grueling upper back workout on top later to follow.

@SeaSiren ty much!! Robert measured bodyfat; hydrostatic weighing today. I am doing it next week. He gave me results; i'll let him clue in the forum. I'm interested in mine. I know my waist right now is about 32" and hips 39" that's about it. I should find out more. We are going to all attempt to stay in the 165lb-175lb weight class.......

I'll keep posting often as possible as usual

thanks all!!!!!!

Robert, Lean and Green and Octo,

You are all progressing so well, you are going to be awesome on Stage.

Robert - Your arms and legs are so strong.

Best pose for me, is your side chest pose and side Tricep pose

Lean and Green - Your abs are awesome, Your chest looks huge from front on.

Best pose is - Front Lat Spread.

Octo - Upper body is great,

Your most muscular pose is the best for me.

I wont give you too much praise, we don't want you getting big heads

You all have body parts that are stronger than others of course, so it will be interesting to see

how everything turns out on Stage.

Hey Guys, your hard work is paying off!

Did any of you all track progress such as measurements? (chest, thigh, bicep etc) Where are you now? Also which division are you in?

Looking forward to continuing to follow!

I did not measure because I didnt think I would get much bigger and I dont wanna know my measurements. As long as it all looks good I dont really care of the size.

@SeaSiren ty much!! Robert measured bodyfat; hydrostatic weighing today. I am doing it next week. He gave me results; i'll let him clue in the forum. I'm interested in mine. I know my waist right now is about 32" and hips 39" that's about it. I should find out more. We are going to all attempt to stay in the 165lb-175lb weight class.......

I have always wanted to do the hydrostatic testing, but have never found one in my area. (at least not when I lived in MD).

I did not measure because I didnt think I would get much bigger and I dont wanna know my measurements. As long as it all looks good I dont really care of the size.

Ahhhh .... but BBing is about "competing" against oneself IMO..... not "others". Judging your own size is much harder because it's so hard to see your own growth (since you see yourself every day). It doesn't just measure you definition, which can be seen in photos but helps measure growth to see if your diet and training regime are effective or need tweaking.

Pics are harder, since there is no comparison (BTW, ya all's photos look fabulous). Since I have seen Robert in person, I kinda can tell with him (and you have grown my dear !)

Again the other competitors I know measure and track, but you gotta train how you feel comfortable!

Robert, Lean and Green and Octo,

You are all progressing so well, you are going to be awesome on Stage.

I agree. We are all so proud of you guys!

Seasiren: but you have to look at it in my perspective. Ive been 223lbs before and arms at almost 18". If i measure and barely come in at 16" on my arms flexed it kinda makes me depressed. Even though my body looks better now, the whole measurement thing messes with my mind. I have seen growth and changes through photos and thats a big way I can tell improvement. If I can at least snag 3rd in my weight group I will get more serious about logging and so fourth.

Seasiren: but you have to look at it in my perspective. Ive been 223lbs before and arms at almost 18". If i measure and barely come in at 16" on my arms flexed it kinda makes me depressed. Even though my body looks better now, the whole measurement thing messes with my mind. I have seen growth and changes through photos and thats a big way I can tell improvement. If I can at least snag 3rd in my weight group I will get more serious about logging and so fourth.

Makes sense Just getting stage ready is a huge accomplishment .... The rest is gravy!

Just getting stage ready is a huge accomplishment .... The rest is gravy!

Yeah this is hard! I could barely sleep last night cause I watched some amateur natural shows on youtube and I kept thinking about how my routine will be and it kept me up for 3 hours in bed. ARGGG

• 2 weeks later...

These are from 2 weeks ago. I'll work on getting NEW ones very soon! I have shredded glutes now so I need to show that.

We're getting close now...exactly 3 weeks away!

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c210/VeganBodybuilder/Bodybuilding%20Photos/flex12.jpg

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c210/VeganBodybuilder/Bodybuilding%20Photos/flex13.jpg

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c210/VeganBodybuilder/Bodybuilding%20Photos/flex14.jpg

Lean and Green is looking very lean these days!

I look forward to seeing some of his pics up here soon too!

Remember how annoyed you were??????????????

Remember that? You kept giving me a hard time about taking those pics....now they are inspiring tons of people on Facebook......I knew it would all along.

I'm RC

OMG I was so annoyed you were right...

I'm like good lord, you say the light is good in every place. I thought it was just for me to get my butt in the bathroom and start taking picture. I'm like is he serious it's so late and I'm so tired.

I'm sorry but it was funny at the time, of how annoyed I was and you were all cute and happy. You're but Wash, fine I'll take them myself. I have some on my camera wanna see? I took a lot of time for these ones. lol