How much do you spend on food per month?

How much do you spend on food a month?  

50 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Dudes, are you buying cakes made out of pure gold or something? How can you spend this much on food, I don't know... I barely spend anything really. Perhaps about £100 per month, at an absolute maximum, for 2 people. So more like £50 tops, which is like $80 or something like that. Usually much, much less than that though... It's scary to think this much could go on food, I'd be broke.

Depends on where you live, climate, cost of living, etc.

I can't imagine living on groceries for only $150 per month. I spend about that on Vega alone, lol

Dudes, are you buying cakes made out of pure gold or something? How can you spend this much on food, I don't know... I barely spend anything really. Perhaps about £100 per month, at an absolute maximum, for 2 people. So more like £50 tops, which is like $80 or something like that. Usually much, much less than that though... It's scary to think this much could go on food, I'd be broke.
Man, I spent £50 in a week there! (and that was a small shop, already had some stuff, and some things on tesco were out of stock. Also this is 100% stuff that will be eaten in a weeks time). This doesn't include stuff I have to order online (flax, hemp, oils) and protein powders/supplements. I'm glad this post exists because I would never actually have counted this up.

Okay guys, I'm looking to about half the costs of my shopping. Make me a healthy 4500kcal/day diet with cheap foods. Thanks!

I was doing about $200 a month but i was not training, just working so i didn't think i needed much food.I've just started eating more starting from last week and lifting again so i estimate i will have to spend $300-$400 a month on food.

I'm starting to follow Roberts book and i'm loving it.

Well, this weekend I managed to only spend $30.00 on food instead of $100.00. I guess it depends on how much stuff I have stocked up. Since I stocked up last week and spent about $100.00, I guess I don't actually spend that much every single week.

• 3 weeks later...

On the 811 diet I spent about 200-250 dollars on food a month. But now my mom doesn't have a job anymore, I'm still studying. I can't afford that. My father get 307 dollars for a month. so I have to spend much less than on the 811 diet.

Man, I spent £50 in a week there! (and that was a small shop, already had some stuff, and some things on tesco were out of stock. Also this is 100% stuff that will be eaten in a weeks time). This doesn't include stuff I have to order online (flax, hemp, oils) and protein powders/supplements. I'm glad this post exists because I would never actually have counted this up.

Okay guys, I'm looking to about half the costs of my shopping. Make me a healthy 4500kcal/day diet with cheap foods. Thanks!

Yo, maybe that's the difference, as I am not eating 4500 per day. But the types of food I am buying tend to be pretty cheap:

broccoli

mushrooms

peppers

onions

potatoes

sweet potatoes

cucumber

carrots

bread

pasta

oats

dried fruit

peanuts

slightly more expensive things that I buy in moderation:

walnuts

smoked tofu

marinated tofu

TVP

protein powder

soy milk

On top of that, stuff like spices, sauces, nutritional yeast, spreads, jam and all that, when I feel like it. My diet isn't as great as it could be, but I think it's alright. But yeah, thinking about it, if I was to eat 4500+ a day, I'd probably be spending quite a bit more

• 4 weeks later...