Simple food for bulking up?

Jun

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah oatmeal is great. If you make smoothies or protein shakes, put some in there too and blend it up for some easy extra calories.

Lots of beans, lentils, chickpeas, brown rice, peanut butter, pasta, tempeh. Just eat a LOT and eat often.

I lift for about 45 - 50 mins. throw in about 20 mins for jumping rope bw sets. breaks are very short. the majority of the bananas are blended in my post wo shake..i also have a few throughout the day. its one of the most important part of my diet (with the foods listed above making the rest).

oh and if you want to bulk, the rest periods are as important as the wo days (along with sleep of course). rest enough and lift and eat big. should get you there.

Simplest food for bulking, in my opinion, is the good old potato. 'Taters all day long.

I like to cook mine with a little bit of water, add in a bunch of chopped kale and spinach, and kinda boil/steam the whole thing with a lid on until the taters are soft. Then mash it all together with garlic, salt and earth balance. Best/simple/cheap bulking food I think.