Brainstorming list of attendees for Vegan Vacation IV

robert

I may be planning this one on my own...and I'll be in L.A. regardless of how many people there are but I think this has the potential to be the Best Vegan Vacation yet based on the location and venues. (Hotel in L.A. with 900 other vegans for the Animal Rights Conference and then in Venice near the Mecca and Muscle Beach for about a week afterwards).

I'd love to get a list going of those who are fairly seriously interested, then I know how much work needs to go into planning.

Thanks!

Check out other threads for more details about this event.

Just add your name like this:

Robert

Here is our updated list of people seriously interested in attending:

Robert

Jessifly

Tasha

hsorlando

zinzen

vivalasvegans

Then we'll just keep the list updated and I'll determine how many people will likely be there, and plan housing arrangements. I've been in a lot of rental houses lately, a couple of beach houses a year, and it's fun!

I am interested in fitting VV into my busy schedule! Will the dates coincide with AR conference? July 16th-20th I think?

Perhaps the VVBF group should rent an LA vacation house for the duration? Might be less than hotel costs at that event time + all the fun of our previous VV vacation house rentals!

Alright, 1 maybe so far

I hope the list gets longer.....I'll be there no matter what since I'm attending AR and exhibiting there, etc.

There are opportunities for people to make money too, to help off-set travel costs by working our booth, etc.

I posted some general info here:

viewtopic.php?f=36&t=16338

Jessifly......yeah, it takes place during and after the AR Conference....we could get our own place to stay...but part of the fun for this AR event is that 800 of us stay at the same hotel so there are parties every night, late night hang outs, all day fun, etc. all in one place...so my vote would still be to stay there.....rooms are $95 a night but last time we fit 4 forum members in there...less than $25 a night each..as cheap as it gets...and we can make those arrangements who is staying with who, etc. and we can rent maybe 4 rooms all next to each other so we'll still have our little group, within this big group of hundreds of other vegans, vegan celebrities, activists, athletes, exhibitors, etc.

I am pumped about AR, one of my favorite events of the year and about being in SoCal in general...you know me....I feel at home in Venice, CA - it is just my kind of place.

Then after the hotel, we'd get our own beach house for 4-7 days and just kick it doing all kinds of things, even maybe going to Mexico, San Diego or even Las Vegas, all nearby

I'd love to see more names.

So far:

Robert

Jessifly

Nice!

keep em coming!

I'm telling you......you don't know how cool it is....800 vegans all kicking it at the same hotel, great speakers, great food, great companies exhibiting, lectures, activities, parties, bonding......this is it....no more 20-person gathering....let's rent 6 hotel rooms all on the same hall next to one another so we get our own VB&F hangout areas, but still get to chill with nearly a thousand other vegan people.

Sounds good to me..I've been there twice now and that is why I decided to combine Vegan Vacation with the AR conference....it was just too cool!

www.arconference.org

Could we possibly get a rough estimate of how much this could cost for each person. I know it's early, but having some idea of the cost involved helps plan for a better, more fun vacation. Obviously there's the cost of getting there, hotel and rental, food, Animal Rights conference, and entertainment, and of course gym fees. I just thought having an estimate could help.

I'll try to get a rough estimate soon....we'll spit up hotel rooms...they are $95 a night but 2-4 people in each room is doable...then the beach house may be $50 a person a night, something like that.

There is also a registration fee for the AR conference at around $165 I believe.

There are opportunities to earn money during V.V. working the Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness booth (and people like you familiar with Vega, working the Vega booth).

So there are ways for each person to make $50-$200 or so depending on shifts, which should help. We may think of other ways too, for attendees to earn some $ while on vacation as a way to help out.

Of course other costs are there...flights, food, entertainment, etc.

I'll try to come up with a rough estimate soon but that list I provided gives some ideas. Thanks!

I am LOVING L.A.! I've been working a lot while out here but it is such a fun place to be!

I am building up a network out here and I'll also be out here in May for WorldFest (big VegFest in L.A.) to help promote Vegan Vacation....even just with locals...we should have a solid group for V.V. IV

• 4 weeks later...

Ive not been far too active in these forums, but that's not to say that I've forgotten about you guys. I will never forget. And I'm in, of course. I have all of may and all of June to save up( Including July's money ). Hopefully there is a Vegan Tattoo parlor and a few Vegan Restaurants there. I'd love to get over my germaphobia and actually eat out at a restaurant for the first time in years and I'd love to do it with my fellow Vegan homeboys. Tattooing is another thing I'm a virgin in.

I'm very eager about this. I'm down. Fo Vezzle.