Please vote NO to captive dolphins!

SeaSiren

Please can you take 2 seconds to visit the following website to vote AGAINST a captive dolphin facility being established in the Cayman Islands. Hopefully, if the bid is unsuccessful it will also make other people looking to establish such attractions think again.

Please scroll to the bottom of this page http://www.caycompass.com/ to vote NO

When marine mammals are captured in the wild it causes enormous negative impact not only on the animals seized, but also to the pod that is left behind. Many die in the capture process, and 10% of all captured animals who make it as far as their concrete tanks or sea pens (these are hardly any more humane) will die WITHIN THE FIRST YEAR. You know how stress effects us humans, especially the impact on our immune system - well it's very similar for marine mammals. The WDCS's "Dying To Entertain You Campaign" has a lot of information about all of this. Visit http://www.wdcs.org for more info. Yes, there are dolphins in captivity that were bred in captivity, but the per centage of these animals vs. wild caught is very small. Also, simply having them perpetuates the idea that it's OK. (The Cayman dolphins are NOT bred in captivity.) Any animal that doesn't survive as long in captivity as it would in the wild is obviously NOT suitable for captivity.

Thank-you!

Animals were not meant to be in captivity. They deserve to swim or roam freely in the wild. It is heartbreaking when humans steal them from their natural habitats, essentially imprison them under the guise of research and education but typically for the REAL reason of making money.

Thank- you for posting this seasiren. I sincerely hope all users will take the two seconds and vote NO, and sending a message that animals dont deserve to be prisoners!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please everybody do so as a matter of urgency. Took me literally 4 seconds.

It is truly sad that 35% of voters voted yes to imprisoning these majestic creatures. How cruel and selfish.

Animals were not meant to be in captivity. They deserve to swim or roam freely in the wild. It is heartbreaking when humans steal them from their natural habitats, essentially imprison them under the guise of research and education but typically for the REAL reason of making money.

"Whenever people say, 'We mustn't be sentimental,' you can take it they are about to do something cruel, and if they add, 'We must be realistic,' they mean they are going to make money out of it."—Brigid Brophy

Thanks SeaSiren.

Just saw on the news that my glorious city of Toronto has "imported" from the jungles of South Africa a crocodile for "display" at some animal display facility in the north of the city.

How sad that they have STOLEN the animal from its freedom and natural environment and have SENTENCED it to a life of captivity to "entertain" selfish, thoughtless, idiotic humans who probably couldnt care less about animals except maybe their own pets.

And the sadder part is that there was some concern that the crocodile was "overly agressive" - whatever that means. If my freedom was unfairly taken away from me while I was minding my own business on another continent, I would be pretty agrresive too. Hell, I would eat all those damn people that came near me if I could.

When will this madness end? Will any of us, or our children or grandchildren, see animal liberation on our lifetimes?

When will this madness end? Will any of us, or our children or grandchildren, see animal liberation on our lifetimes?

Only when the last animal is gone.

I'm a cynic. I have no hope for human beings. A character in a movie I like said it best: Most people only do the right thing when it's the easy thing to do.

• 2 months later...