Raw Vegan in Portland, OR

mikkei

Hi everyone. My name is Mike and I've been vegan since 2002. I've also been raw for the past year or so. I've been recently got into fitness and have been bodybuilding for the past four or five months. I'm also training for a triathlon. I'm 5'10' and started out at 118. I'm now 130 and am shooting for 140 eventually. For training I usually mix it up from week to week, but a typical week would look like chest/triceps one day, legs the next, back/biceps after that, shoulders/abs the next, and hit whatever area needs extra love on the fifth day. I'll put two off days in there, but never do them back to back. Sometimes I'll do some long distace cardio on those days. For protein I drink a lot of green smoothies and have one with raw hemp protein powder after workouts. I used to live in Los Angeles and train with IFFB pro Jamo Nezzar (I was also the editor for his fitness website), but am now on my own. I live in Beaverton and train at the 24-hour fitness on Watson. If anyone is near there and wants to train with someone a couple days of week, hit me up. Guess that's it.

For protein I drink a lot of green smoothies and have one with raw hemp protein powder after workouts.

Welcome and GO HEMP Protein!!

Also good luck on the up and coming triathlon. How far away is it?

Yeah, I love the hemp protein. I'm thinking about giving sun warrior rice protein a try though. Gotta save up cause it's expensive. The triathlon I'm shooting for is the Blue Lake Triathlon in June. I just did my first 1.5 Kilometer practice swim today, so I'm stoked. The swim is definitely going to be my limiter if I don't prepare for it a lot.

Welcome to the club! I admit i played favs on the welcome page. saw raw vegan portland and thought..... local raw friend! Great to have you here. Stay in touch, post away

As far as training goes i train mostly at 24hr in hollywood but i prefer 4th and columbia; it's just not always convenient. If you desire to come these ways, hit us up; we'll train.

For protein I drink a lot of green smoothies and have one with raw hemp protein powder after workouts.

Welcome and GO HEMP Protein!!

Also good luck on the up and coming triathlon. How far away is it?

Yeah, I love the hemp protein. I'm thinking about giving sun warrior rice protein a try though. Gotta save up cause it's expensive. The triathlon I'm shooting for is the Blue Lake Triathlon in June. I just did my first 1.5 Kilometer practice swim today, so I'm stoked. The swim is definitely going to be my limiter if I don't prepare for it a lot.

I can make it affordable. How does $40 (i.e. $18 bucks a pound) sound to you? Retail hemp pow is around $16-20 a lb. I buy in big bulk and they sponsor us as athletes. We can meetup halfway or something since we both live in Portland. Plus it would be going to a good cause, putting 3 vegans on stage for the first time, me, robert and octopussior, this april 25th in az!

pm me if you have interest.

Seriously thinking I might move to Portland this summer.... Getting really tired of all you vegans having each other there in Portland and my closest friend being any cows that havent been slaughtered yet here in Wyoming... Seriously though Im slowly just making anyone I associate with become vegan...its the only way I can function.

Other than that welcome! You came to the right place!

I was in Beaverton this past summer. Nice area, expensive too!

You know, I actually got a really good deal on my apartment and it ended up being much more affordable than Portland proper. It is nice here, and it's not too far from the city. Thanks for the warm welcome!

we should all get together sometime for a massive vegan training invasion.
That's something I could only dream about before I moved up here. I didn't know any vegans who were into training back in California. I'm down whenever. I can always make it out to Hollywood or Pearl.

I am in Portland too and train at 24 Hour Fitness Hollywood. Maybe I'll see you around since I can train at any 24 Hour Fitness club.
Cool man! I can train at any 24 as well, except Tualatin for some reason. We should definitely meet up sometime. I could always use some vegan bodybuilding inspiration.

Hi Mike

Welcome to forums. There's a bunch of people who work out at the 24 hr fitness. But I think most train in Hollywood and Pearl District. There's usually meets up and that.

Check out this link

viewforum.php?f=63

All the best and great to have you aboard.

Thanks! I'm definitely going to have to start going out to Hollywood and Pearl since that's where all the vegan action is. I can't believe how many raw vegans there are on here. It's cool!

Hi Mike

Welcome to forums. There's a bunch of people who work out at the 24 hr fitness. But I think most train in Hollywood and Pearl District. There's usually meets up and that.

Check out this link

viewforum.php?f=63

All the best and great to have you aboard.

Thanks! I'm definitely going to have to start going out to Hollywood and Pearl since that's where all the vegan action is. I can't believe how many raw vegans there are on here. It's cool!

Yeah we are a rare bunch.. As the same what LG said about playing favorites.. I'm like cool another raw vegan

Hope to run into you one time at 24. Just got back from hard training with Lean and Green. We are usually in everyday in the mornings and evenings. Send us a PM if you feel like joining us

Cheers