Joel's training journal

ZEKE! - yeah for the price of bands they really are an awesome equipment to have at your disposal. Another thing you can do for chest with them is tie one end to something and work one side at a time or tie a knot in the back of one so that are tight to your body and then shadow box with them ( throw the punches as fast as you can for good cardio too!). That will really work your chest! I will decide if I should be thinking about your chest or not. LOL! Yeah I am trying to remember all of the chest exercise I was doing before I had the shoulder injury. Actually doing gator pushups is when I really found out how screwed up it was because it literally would give out on me and I knew something was really wrong then. Seriously though hitting the bag for your cardio even without the bands will really develop your chest. Yay a lot of the exercises I am giving you are from my fight training. Didn't know you were into MMA. Congrats on the DL PB!

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will decide if I should be thinking about your chest or not. LOL!

that is funny! I'm not complaining lol

I've found some bands to buy, I should have some in the next week or two, going to get the whole set of 6. Maybe I will get strong enough to do pushups with the really thick ones... or maybe not...

I do like MMA, I am just too placid to fight myself. I would need all my opponents to really piss me off for me to fight, mostly though I would just have to flex my biceps and then no one would want to fight me

I'll stick to using MMA training techniques for now, always good to be prepared I guess

You're a wealth of knowledge Mary, I appreciate all the advice you've given me.

Congrats on the PB!
you're da man!

Thank you!!

The pb's are not coming all that regularly so it's good to get them now and then, more motivation to train.

Took today off from the gym, am only meant to train 4 days a week, I think I've been overtraining a little recently so it felt good to just have a break.

My brother came past to visit and said he got some truck tyres to hit with his sledgehammer, he does some powerlifting and martial arts - we train in a similar style so it will be fun using the sledgehammer. Mary, you are going to turn me into a fighter I think

My meals were a little messed up a little today... again.. work has just been flat out, too many people wanting my nutritional advice. Not complaining, have helped so many people reduce or remove animal products from their diet and given them greater results with their training. i just have to make sure I'm on point with my diet.

Meals have been similar the last few days, mixed beans and spinach, tempeh and broccoli, Ultimate meal MRP's etc. Few more weeks till I start my diet, so i should keep enjoying my bread and rice for now, it will be reduced soon.

that is funny! I'm not complaining lol

I've found some bands to buy, I should have some in the next week or two, going to get the whole set of 6. Maybe I will get strong enough to do pushups with the really thick ones... or maybe not...

I do like MMA, I am just too placid to fight myself. I would need all my opponents to really piss me off for me to fight, mostly though I would just have to flex my biceps and then no one would want to fight me

I'll stick to using MMA training techniques for now, always good to be prepared I guess

You're a wealth of knowledge Mary, I appreciate all the advice you've given me.

Good now that we got that straight! Don't mean to turn you into a fighter. It is a rough sport, you've seen me post about my nose surgery and upcoming shoulder surgery right? Maybe we will just give the you the pretty fighter body so you can keep the pretty face! But if you do start fighting we can use ZEKE as your stage name! Congrats on the bands. let me know when you get them. I am very similar to you. I would never start a fight and if someone starts with me when I am out I always walk away (usually because if i do start i know i am going to really mess them up and it never ever worth it) But seriously getting popped in the face just once turns your whole mind around when your in that ring. there is no more mister nice joel. Pain is an excellent stimulator. I am not even joking with you my former trainer used to cheer for my opponent to piss me off. He would even be yelling at them to punch me in the face etc. Because in his view that is when I really turned it on and "did what I was supposed to do". This is part of the reason why he is my former trainer. That is long story. But your right intimidation works too. Who do you like in MMA? Do you know John Wayne Parr? He is a Muay Thai Kickboxer from Australia and he is one of my favs. I am really looking forward to the faber brown rematch. I think uriah will come out on top of this one. Not to take anything away from brown because he is a great fighter. but Faber is the man. Big fan of Georges St. Pierre also.

Anyway I heard something about a tire. another great cardio strength exercise is to be flipping that tire around. (not sure how big it is, you need a big truck tire)

Yeah I wanted to go see Wayne Parr against Zambidis but left it too late to get tickets for the fight. Nevermind, I have a mate who is fighting again soon so I'll go watch him. He fights Muay Thai which I don't mind watching, I prefer boxing and most wrestling styles over the flashy style of kickboxing though, to me the wrestling is all about strength good technique and I like boxing for the patience factor. They're both sports I would like to do because I think I have some attributes suitable for them.

My favourite MMA fighter is Krzysztof Soszynski, the Polish Experiment. I like his attitude and he just a has a good presence in the cage. I like Danzig too but he has a bit of a smugness that divides fans of the sport and possibly can give veganism a bad name. There is also Fedor, his training style and attitude has motivated me to train harder as well.

I'm looking forward to seeing the Brown v Faber fight, should be a good contest.

Good now that we got that straight! Don't mean to turn you into a fighter. It is a rough sport, you've seen me post about my nose surgery and upcoming shoulder surgery right? Maybe we will just give the you the pretty fighter body so you can keep the pretty face! But if you do start fighting we can use ZEKE as your stage name! Congrats on the bands. let me know when you get them. I am very similar to you. I would never start a fight and if someone starts with me when I am out I always walk away (usually because if i do start i know i am going to really mess them up and it never ever worth it) But seriously getting popped in the face just once turns your whole mind around when your in that ring. there is no more mister nice joel. Pain is an excellent stimulator. I am not even joking with you my former trainer used to cheer for my opponent to piss me off. He would even be yelling at them to punch me in the face etc. Because in his view that is when I really turned it on and "did what I was supposed to do". This is part of the reason why he is my former trainer. That is long story. But your right intimidation works too.

You've been through a lot recently and I don't think I could imagine what it is like, most of the injuries I've had are a lot more minor.

I like the sound of Zeke as my stage name!!

Don't like the sound of what your old coach would do personally, he should have been more attentive to you rather than your opponent. But you're right, pain is a good motivator to unleash inner strength. I've had some street fights in my younger days but I learned to just keep calm and am good at channeling aggression into less violent sports.

If I fought though, I guess I could always get some of the MVS boys to slap me around before the fight, it seems to help with them getting all the PB's they do!!

Haha, pretty face lol.... I look better on my avatar and facebook than real life.... the beauty of the internet!

Thanks for more motivation Mary

Yeah I wanted to go see Wayne Parr against Zambidis but left it too late to get tickets for the fight. Nevermind, I have a mate who is fighting again soon so I'll go watch him. He fights Muay Thai which I don't mind watching, I prefer boxing and most wrestling styles over the flashy style of kickboxing though, to me the wrestling is all about strength good technique and I like boxing for the patience factor. They're both sports I would like to do because I think I have some attributes suitable for them.

My favourite MMA fighter is Krzysztof Soszynski, the Polish Experiment. I like his attitude and he just a has a good presence in the cage. I like Danzig too but he has a bit of a smugness that divides fans of the sport and possibly can give veganism a bad name. There is also Fedor, his training style and attitude has motivated me to train harder as well.

I'm looking forward to seeing the Brown v Faber fight, should be a good contest.

Good now that we got that straight! Don't mean to turn you into a fighter. It is a rough sport, you've seen me post about my nose surgery and upcoming shoulder surgery right? Maybe we will just give the you the pretty fighter body so you can keep the pretty face! But if you do start fighting we can use ZEKE as your stage name! Congrats on the bands. let me know when you get them. I am very similar to you. I would never start a fight and if someone starts with me when I am out I always walk away (usually because if i do start i know i am going to really mess them up and it never ever worth it) But seriously getting popped in the face just once turns your whole mind around when your in that ring. there is no more mister nice joel. Pain is an excellent stimulator. I am not even joking with you my former trainer used to cheer for my opponent to piss me off. He would even be yelling at them to punch me in the face etc. Because in his view that is when I really turned it on and "did what I was supposed to do". This is part of the reason why he is my former trainer. That is long story. But your right intimidation works too.

You've been through a lot recently and I don't think I could imagine what it is like, most of the injuries I've had are a lot more minor.

I like the sound of Zeke as my stage name!!

Don't like the sound of what your old coach would do personally, he should have been more attentive to you rather than your opponent. But you're right, pain is a good motivator to unleash inner strength. I've had some street fights in my younger days but I learned to just keep calm and am good at channeling aggression into less violent sports.

If I fought though, I guess I could always get some of the MVS boys to slap me around before the fight, it seems to help with them getting all the PB's they do!!

Haha, pretty face lol.... I look better on my avatar and facebook than real life.... the beauty of the internet!

Thanks for more motivation Mary

I am back to post a fighter workout for you and just saw you posted again today. If you see wayne parr fight you have to let me know how it is. I know he owns his own gym out there I would love to train there but it's a bit far away. i am surprised you think kickboxing is flashy. real good kickboxers in my opinion are not flashy because there just no reason to use a lot of flashy kicks. I could use just a push kick and roundhouse the whole match and be fine with that. The thai kick is killer too. I might throw in a spinning back or side but the crescent and ax kicks etc. are just not really necessary. In my opinion if you fighting somone that lets you land one of those they shouldn't be in the ring with you. I love muay thai because you can use elbows and knees (like mma). I just like those elements being in the game. I love straight boxing too. Boxer is such a scientific art. how to hit and not be hit back. When I started boxing it greatly improved my fighting skills from my Karate, Hapkido background. I think most of the MMA fighter out there would do so much better if they training more in boxing becuase it is so hard to beat someone that has good hands. you can stand and block kicks all day because they are easy to see coming but when someone really lets some tight hand combos lose you better be ready or your going to eat some of them no doubt and they are stronger there is only so many you can eat. I don't know wrestling at all. I learned a little bit of Ju Jitsu from guys at the gym but only self defense stuff of what to do if someone gets you on the ground.

yep ZEKE just screams strength! excellent stage name. Yeah my former coach and i had major personality crashes and had it out a few times before i left him. I only trained with him because he was a good technical coach. I am not blaming my injuries on him but I probably shouldn't have been fighting people that outweigh me 25+ pounds. I also trained with guys alot because there was only a couple of other guys around. I think that is where I took most of my beatings and injuries honestly. But i did it so it was my fault. These MVS guys should like fun! Anyway I will try to find and add you as a friend on facebook. now onto your fighter workout!

Crossfit Workout of the day - FIGHT GONE BAD! - originally designed for MMA fighter BJ Penn this workout mimics and exceeds the requirements of an MMA fight. I LOVE THIS ONE!

Three rounds of:

Wall-ball, 20 pound ball, 10 ft target (Reps)

Sumo deadlift high-pull, 75 pounds (Reps)

Box Jump, 20" box (Reps)

Push-press, 75 pounds (Reps)

Row (Calories)

In this workout you move from each of five stations after a minute.The clock does not reset or stop between exercises. This is a five-minute round from which a one-minute break is allowed before repeating. On call of "rotate", the athletes must move to next station immediately for best score. One point is given for each rep, except on the rower where each calorie is one point.

Let me know if you have any questions.... oh and have fun!

Ha ha ha ha!! Those little boxing icons are all in sync - making me dizzy!!

BJ Penn is pretty awesome, cocky, but a great fighter. What's good enough for him is more than good enough for me.

I'll let you know how I go, this will be a great routine for my comp preparation.

I am back to post a fighter workout for you and just saw you posted again today. If you see wayne parr fight you have to let me know how it is. I know he owns his own gym out there I would love to train there but it's a bit far away. i am surprised you think kickboxing is flashy. real good kickboxers in my opinion are not flashy because there just no reason to use a lot of flashy kicks. I could use just a push kick and roundhouse the whole match and be fine with that. The thai kick is killer too. I might throw in a spinning back or side but the crescent and ax kicks etc. are just not really necessary. In my opinion if you fighting somone that lets you land one of those they shouldn't be in the ring with you. I love muay thai because you can use elbows and knees (like mma). I just like those elements being in the game. I love straight boxing too. Boxer is such a scientific art. how to hit and not be hit back. When I started boxing it greatly improved my fighting skills from my Karate, Hapkido background. I think most of the MMA fighter out there would do so much better if they training more in boxing becuase it is so hard to beat someone that has good hands. you can stand and block kicks all day because they are easy to see coming but when someone really lets some tight hand combos lose you better be ready or your going to eat some of them no doubt and they are stronger there is only so many you can eat. I don't know wrestling at all. I learned a little bit of Ju Jitsu from guys at the gym but only self defense stuff of what to do if someone gets you on the ground.

I think Wayne Parr's gym is in Queensland, not 100% sure but think it is. We have weird rules in this country, proper Muay Thai and MMA rules are outlawed in some states, so many of the best fighters move further north of the country to fight. Many of the bigger fights are in the northern states, I'm down the bottom of the country... It's good though, more backyard fights for us ey!?

Sounds like it would be cool to watch you fight. You gotta let me know when you are able to get back into it full bore, I would love to see you in action... more fun than watching bodybuilding shows (no offence anyone )

There's something about kickboxing that I don't entirely enjoy, maybe it's because i know I would be no good at it (probably is the reason!!) or maybe because I know boxers who just have always bagged kickboxers for being 'weak' and it rubbed off on me. Martial arts runs in my family though, my dad is into hapkido, tai chi and other forms of martial arts, which he is really good at. My mum trained in Judo, which is more of my type of fighting I think, I could never get into the kicking and punching styles of martial arts when i was younger, just didn't have that much of an impact with me.

You do have a point about the flashy style of kickboxing, I don't know all that much about it, was probably a naive comment on my behalf but I still appreciate a good fight.

OK, think I better change the name of this journal to "Zeke's journey to the darkside... escape from bodybuilding" or something

It's all good fun though.

Ok, training this evening was hampered by a migraine (again!!) think I should get it checked out because I'm getting them almost fortnightly now and it really knocks me out.

Anyway, the session wasn't so bad considering I felt ill. Was bench press and squat focus session.

Bench press - bar x 20

60kg x 10

110kg x 5 x 3 sets

Floor press - 100kg x 5 x 3 sets

Medicine ball pushups - 10 x 3 sets - One hand on the ball and rolling it to the opposite hand after each rep. Thanks Mary, it is a good exercise.

Supinated grip pullups (chinups I guess) - 6 x 3 sets

Squats - 60kg x 10

100kg x 3

150kg x 3 x 3 sets - Was really hard today, considering I did 140 for sets of 5, should have been able to get it with this weight. Nevermind, MVS is Saturday so I will be back to my best then.

Close grip medicine ball skullcrushers - 10 x 3 sets - Started in pushup position with hands on medicine ball but lowered myself by bending at the elbows. Triceps were pumped.

Rollouts - 10 x 3 sets

Diet was again all over the place, ate good foods but just not consistently. About 5 meals in total today, one less than yesterday.

Yep Zeke Placid, parr gym is in queensland. My geography of your country isn't that great so I just now that is the gold coast. Worked with a couple of aussie when i still lived in nyc. We got on well. Our states are the same with what rules you can fight under for Muay Thai and MMA. MMA just got passed her in PA so kickboxing is pretty much going to suffer because everyone here will learn some ground work and transder over because there is so much more of an audience for MMA compared to kickboxing. Not sure if i will ever really fight again. the surgeon told me it would be at least a year or two at best. Might get away from full contact.

I am not saying your wrong about how you feel about kickboxing. I agree with a lot of it. Most kickboxers are tough but not really well skilled fighters. Most boxers if you teach them how to block kicks would beat a kickboxer because boxers have better hands. they throw combos to set up their killer shots, becuase you have to set things up you can't just kick and punch. They understand distance and timing much better than most kickboxers. In my opinion this is because most kickboxers come out of martial arts which teaches them how to fight with straight forward pressure. In you give them kind any kind of angles they don't know what to do with it. So basically you can drop your shots on them and then move and rarely get hit back. The footworks of a boxer in so important and most kickboxers don't have it. they just move straight back. they don't pivot. then don't turn. I love straight boxing but i've always felt a little limited in it because I am good kickers so I like to use it. I've got good hands too so I just feel like more of a package deal than just a boxer. I think MMA would be even better if more of the fighters trained in traditional boxing.

any chance the headaches relate to your diet in any way? i know you track yourfood can you compare that to when you get your headaches? food is a trigger for migraines in a lot of cases.

Could be low iron levels. I had restless legs all last night too and I know there is a link between iron deficiency and restless legs.

Could also be electrolyte imbalance, I train a lot and it is usually warm so I would lose a lot of sodium, which I don't always replace.

I'll keep plugging away and keep more of an eye on potential triggers.

Sweet workout. Medicine ball pushups are one of my favorites!

Yeah I have a new favourite exercise!

Yep Zeke Placid, parr gym is in queensland. My geography of your country isn't that great so I just now that is the gold coast. Worked with a couple of aussie when i still lived in nyc. We got on well. Our states are the same with what rules you can fight under for Muay Thai and MMA. MMA just got passed her in PA so kickboxing is pretty much going to suffer because everyone here will learn some ground work and transder over because there is so much more of an audience for MMA compared to kickboxing. Not sure if i will ever really fight again. the surgeon told me it would be at least a year or two at best. Might get away from full contact.

I am not saying your wrong about how you feel about kickboxing. I agree with a lot of it. Most kickboxers are tough but not really well skilled fighters. Most boxers if you teach them how to block kicks would beat a kickboxer because boxers have better hands. they throw combos to set up their killer shots, becuase you have to set things up you can't just kick and punch. They understand distance and timing much better than most kickboxers. In my opinion this is because most kickboxers come out of martial arts which teaches them how to fight with straight forward pressure. In you give them kind any kind of angles they don't know what to do with it. So basically you can drop your shots on them and then move and rarely get hit back. The footworks of a boxer in so important and most kickboxers don't have it. they just move straight back. they don't pivot. then don't turn. I love straight boxing but i've always felt a little limited in it because I am good kickers so I like to use it. I've got good hands too so I just feel like more of a package deal than just a boxer. I think MMA would be even better if more of the fighters trained in traditional boxing.

My geography of my country isn't very good either, we have a lot of land here for not too many inhabitants - compared to North America.

It would be awesome if you could get back into your fighting, or at least the serious training for it because you seem to really have the passion. It's hard to resist it if you have the passion anyway.

What would you do if you weren't able to get back into it? I guess you have the time to decide, seeing as though you are not able to go back straight away.

You make a great point, well many actually.. I think the movement of boxing is what I like, not just straight movements, more tactical and using the angles and stuff but I do see where you're coming from with what you say and you're much more knowledgable than I am in regards to kickboxing. My opinion is more of a laymans opinion!

Personally I don't think I could bring myself to use kicks in a fight, hence for me kickboxing would be out of the question. I can kick a soccer ball and kick the bags at the gym but I don't know how my knee would hold up to getting kicked and also the pressure when pivoting to kick powerfully. Kind of makes me cringe when I think about it because my knee gave me so many problems before I had surgery on it and I still have that fear that it could always buckle on me again.

I think you had restless legs last night because you needed to kick something! (just kidding!!) Did you ever try coconut water? I mix it with my vega and smoothie etc. as a recovery drink. Check it out online or buy some and see what you think. it has a lot of naturally occuring trace minerals that you lose when you get dehydrated. I won't touch any of the pre-made "sports" drinks as i think they are pretty much cheap crap but this I will use. One of the guys I train with just opened the first Crossfit gym in our area and he has asked me to get certified and be a trainer there so I might do that and also start training for the crossfit games. Wouldn't mind getting back into running road races too. I am not going to make any real decisions until I see how my shoulder works after the surgery. I will always love boxing, kickboxing, etc. but I know I can't do them forever. Your knowledge is pretty good about fighting, in a real self defense situation I probably wouldn't kick someone either. I'm going right for elbows and knees (my muay thia background coming out there). I didn't know you had knee problems. Since your liking some of the fighting workouts another one that I was just reminded of recently is deadlifting your bodyweight for 5 minutes straight, no breaks as fast as you can. Then taking a 1 minute rest. Then do it again. 1 min rest and finally a third set. It sounds easy because deadlifting your body weight isn't that much but it gets tiring. It is a nice cardio burst you can add to the end of one of your workouts as a finisher. even if you only did one round of it to try it out.

I think you had restless legs last night because you needed to kick something! (just kidding!!) Did you ever try coconut water? I mix it with my vega and smoothie etc. as a recovery drink. Check it out online or buy some and see what you think. it has a lot of naturally occuring trace minerals that you lose when you get dehydrated. I won't touch any of the pre-made "sports" drinks as i think they are pretty much cheap crap but this I will use.

Nice one! Could have you know, the movement is more like me kneeing someone. Could I have a future fighting Muay Thai???

I agree with you on the cheap "sports" drinks, most just plain suck.

I'll try the coconut water, I know where I can get it. Just though coconut chocolate butter would be good enough..... Bad joke I know

One of the guys I train with just opened the first Crossfit gym in our area and he has asked me to get certified and be a trainer there so I might do that and also start training for the crossfit games. Wouldn't mind getting back into running road races too. I am not going to make any real decisions until I see how my shoulder works after the surgery. I will always love boxing, kickboxing, etc. but I know I can't do them forever.

Yeah that would be awesome if you became accredited. I don't know how it is where you live but here we have personal trainers coming out of our proverbial **** and most know next to nothing about proper training, having someone like you guiding clients and challenging them in a productive manner would be a great asset to anyone and honestly the way I think a trainer should be.

Oh yeah I remember you talking about the road races a while ago, that sounds like a positive thing to do.

I will always love boxing, kickboxing, etc. but I know I can't do them forever. Your knowledge is pretty good about fighting, in a real self defense situation I probably wouldn't kick someone either. I'm going right for elbows and knees (my muay thia background coming out there).

Haha, I have been in a few fights and I have never seen anyone use proper fighting technique in a streetfight. I always went straight for the hook to the jaw and then a take down, no great technique used, maybe I panicked but handled myself ok.

I didn't know you had knee problems.

I had a full knee reconstruction about 5 years ago but still worry that it will buckle again because it 'clicks' sometimes and catches a little bit.

Since your liking some of the fighting workouts another one that I was just reminded of recently is deadlifting your bodyweight for 5 minutes straight, no breaks as fast as you can. Then taking a 1 minute rest. Then do it again. 1 min rest and finally a third set. It sounds easy because deadlifting your body weight isn't that much but it gets tiring. It is a nice cardio burst you can add to the end of one of your workouts as a finisher. even if you only did one round of it to try it out.

That will be one to try this weekend. Could become an MVS challenge too!

Man, I envy your ability to do deadlifts. I tried to do 135lbs last workout (I'm 160lbs) and it was hard to get a good 8 strict reps in. I did two sets and on the second set I had HORRIBLE form and pulled my back, haha. I'll get there someday.

You should make some more videos with MVS. It's always cool to see training videos of people on here.

Man, I envy your ability to do deadlifts. I tried to do 135lbs last workout (I'm 160lbs) and it was hard to get a good 8 strict reps in. I did two sets and on the second set I had HORRIBLE form and pulled my back, haha. I'll get there someday.

You should make some more videos with MVS. It's always cool to see training videos of people on here.

Yeah, you know I honestly used to have a big problem with deadlifts too. I would always pull with just my lower back and was never able to lift an appreciable amount of weight, also got injured quite often too.

I started to really just focus on the form and trying to get my glutes and hamstrings working together with my back and the weight I started lifting improved. Also trying to work all the core, like the abdominal muscles has reduced my lower back injuries and made the whole deadlift movement feel more stable.

Just give it time mate. Learn to get each bodypart moving in sync and not get ahead of yourself with weight till your body can handle it, you'll boost your numbers up over time.

One thing I learnt recently from Noah at MVS is to keep my hands positioned close to my legs and keep my arms in tight near my body, it has helped me further boost my lift and I attribute my recent pb's to his advice.

Agreed. Make sure someone films sydneyvegan training with you too

I'm sure there will be some filming of the madness going on!!

We have Phil from Queensland training with us this arvo so there should be some more pb's set, hopefully we can get some of it on film.

I'll have some new photos posted up sometime this week, want to get some pics taken of myself just before I start my diet so people can see me as I transform over the next few months before my comp. Should be riveting stuff.......

Trained at MVS this evening, it was a good night and there was a great turn out.

I set an MVS pb for myself on the bench but didn't have a good night with squats and deadlifts.

I've been invited to compete in a powerlifting comp in two weeks which I have accepted to we'll see how it goes - should be interesting and am already nervous!

Anyway, we started on deadlifts and the cold weather made it difficult outside (sorry to those who live in cold climates, us Aussies complain whenever we get into single digits!)

I don't know my warm up progressions but made a 180kg rep without too much trouble, although it wasn't as easy as i have done it before.

Failed at 195kg, which would have been my all time pb. Failed again at 193.5kg. Must have been a fluke during the week for my 192.5kg rep!

Bench press was next.

Worked up to a fail at 140kg, managed to get 135kg and 137.5kg. 140kg was close but just out of my reach today. Reasonably happy though...

Squats were last and I got a 160kg with no problem but failed twice at 180kg, was spewing because I should have got it... nevermind.

Failed again going for a second rep at 160kg, which again was a bit upsetting because I have done that weight for a triple not too long ago.

I guess you win some and you lose some, tonight was motivation to not give up.

Meals were ok today, except I'm eating some vegan nachos this evening as my last cheat meal before i jump on my diet for my bodybuilding comp.. and now the powerlifting comp too. I want to be as light as possible and maintain my strength.

Meal 1 - Ultimate meal shake

Meal 2 - Lentil burger, wild rice, beetroot, chickpeas

Meal 3 - Lentil burger, green beans, avocado oil

Meal 4 - Same as meal 3

Meal 5 - Ultimate meal shake

Meal 6 - packet of vege chips, bowl of vegan nachos

I was again one meal short but had to rush to MVS after work and anyway, the last meal made up for any calories lost.

Now I will start to prepare for the powerlifting meet. I don't like losing so no more mucking around for now..

ahhhh a future in muay thai would be sweet. My problem wit ha lot of the trainers I've seen is that they tell the client how to do something and then they zone out or start talking to other people. meanwhile form goes down as fatigue sets in and people get injuries. Just annoys me if someone is paying you for your time and expertise you should be giving it to them the entire time. Also I would like to bring my diet as well as I think most people have horrible diets. left hook is my best punch. I LOVE that one. try to get someone to count each deadlift you put up and give you a count at the end. that is a good way to turn it into a competition among the MVS crew or whoever you do it with.